Thank You!

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lyanden, Apr 1, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Thanks out to the wardens for finally catching, and BANNING localvoid. Happy to see that prick go..
  2. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

All my thanks to the guys working to optimize the map, I can finally play again!
  3. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

I want to thank

Ozy for making another awesome clan to join.

The community for making this place a great source of knowledge and learning from others experiences.

Ability for making this amazing map in the first place.

And ArcanePariah for teaching me the basics when i first started and helping Ability fix up the map to make it even better.
  4. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

I would like to take a moment and give some thanks.

I stumbled upon some old NOTD replays last night and had a bit of a stroll down memory lane.

As a player who's been here since the very first days of the map, I would like to say a big thank you to ALL who have been involved with the development of NOTD.

I'm 35 this year and realised last night while watching the replays, that I have been playing games for around 30yrs. This was when I got my first Atari 2600. Which, by the way, my parents still have and it's in working condition.

I'd have to say that NOTD has provided me with some of my most enjoyable gaming experiences/moments in this 30yr history. I work in Cardiology in one of Australia's largest hospitals, it's busy and often stressful. I can come home, play some games of NOTD, and all is good with the world again. My hardcore geek-like gaming days are gone, and now they are purely for fun and release from work. I may be among the first of the NOTD players, but you won't see me with the 230k+ xp of Downloading and the like.

So, once again a big thanks to you all for providing me with this fun and distraction from work. It is greatly appreciated.

I would like to say thanks for the increased difficulty recently added to the map. Seriously, the newbies these days have had it easy. NOTD was a tough mother. It was buggy, it was hard, and it was unforgiving. It would spank you silly and leave you crying in the corner, then give you practically NO rewards for doing so. You barely got any XP at all, and there were NO credits NOR -CP points back then. And to top it all off, it would give you an evil smirk as it KNEW you WERE going to come back and have another go at beating the bastard. This is what (and still) makes the map so endearing and fun. Embrace it.

You have to remember that NOTD is a map that was designed so you DID NOT beat it all the time. Alpha and Sec were originally intended to be so hard that if you won, it was something epic of an achievement. Not something to be expected, patting you on the head saying "good boy", then handing you a nice loot at the end.

So to Ability, Earendil, Peer, Kith, the rest of the Black Ops, etc etc. Thank you. Especially as this has all been done in your own time and for free (think hard about this fact people).
  5. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Thank you, NOTD for being wonderful community.
  6. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

ArcanePariah, thank you for saving this map.
  7. Rinsaki

Rinsaki New Member

I would like to thank the pub heroes of NoTD:AM, UA, and DoTD
  8. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

Thanks to the community for being a decent group of people, although some of you are complete assholes who I wish would be banned or suffer a hard XP reset, the most of you are good people. I also want to thanks the staff for keeping up with the game and performing balance changes and bug fixes when necessary.
  9. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Thank you Kithrixx for not venting most of your anger at me because I got to level 9 before Demeter >.<
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I wasn't angry, I was spouting caps lock for emphasis. Besides, you weren't whoring too badly. You just happened to get a lot of kills, and considering that I wasn't using Smite to prove a point, you were making sure the team lived.
  11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I want to make a large list of thanks to the following people for the Swarm of Hearts Event.

Oldent: Thank you for bringing us the attention of the Swarm of Hearts Charity Event. It has helped our community grow and has brought more awareness to NOTD and to the Doctors without Borders Charity.

Ability: Thank you for making the necessary arrangements to help make the Swarm of Hearts Event successful and easy to organize.

MissHumpz: Thank you for your countless hours of work setting up the Swarm of Hearts Event. This is from the NOTD Swarm of Hearts poster that you got made, the rules of the tournament, and the tournament format.

ArcanePariah: Thank you for making tournament mode for NOTD on short notice. Everyone appreciates the countless hours you put into the map. Also, thanks for the informational commentary that you provided for the casters first time players of NOTD during the stream.

Shooz: Thank you for doing such an awesome job on the commentating for the Swarm of Hearts Live Stream.

Mirage: Thank you for the colorful commentary during the live stream of the Swarm of Hearts Events.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who participated in the tournament.

Note from the Swarm of Hearts Charity Campaign:
    We are happy to announce that we have reached our fundraising goal on April 14th, 0:37 GMT with a total of £503.25 raised ( $772.06 / 589,33 € )! Fundraising page will remain open until end of the month. Thank you to all Donators who show support for our event!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

I want to thank Mirage and everyone who helped with this new forum for doing an outstanding job on this.
    I really love this new layout and find it much easier to use.
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I would like to thank all of our donors out there in NOTD. Without you we wouldn't have been able to upgrade to this forum or upgrade to a Mumble server. Thank you guys for your consideration and care for NOTD.
  14. Omega Death
    • Donator

Omega Death Alpha Weltall

Thanks for Mirage increasing the signature limit size to 500x200.
  15. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Hey originally there was no limit but humpz had to have the tremendous thing.
  16. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Shout out to the forum management for fixing the error that the site had for a bit, and for getting it done so quickly!