Technical Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member

2 days ago my computer has developed a crashing problem and i think my power supply is making a high pitch bee noise.. im normally good at repairing issues but this one has me stumped

Edit: its also started crashing in the middle of games
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

You may need to replace your computer's power supply soon.
  3. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

When u crash during middle of the games does

1) your computer shut off

or

2) Your video blanks out.

If your PSU is causing noise there can be a high chance the fans are not getting enough airflow. Try cleaning it with a dust blower.
  4. Blaze

Blaze New Member

video blanks out
  5. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

Your video card might be overheating or on its last leg or your air circulation in the PC is bad.
  6. Blaze

Blaze New Member

ill probly bring it in to get fixed\replaced thanks
  7. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

do it yourself save the trouble =P
  8. squish

squish Well-Known Member

If you're playing SCII on a laptop, don't. You'll kill your investment so much quicker that way. I know.
    If your PC freezes and the screen glitches/blanks out, your shit overheated, increase your cooling capacity.
  9. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Depends on your lap top. Been using an Asus G series for about a year now and it runs smooth as silk. In addition, it can run a majority the games I play on Ultra settings.
  10. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Considering a high pitched weird noise and the fact that your video blacks out and pc crashes i guess your GPU just burned out. Had the same problem two years ago.
    High scretchin noise then blackscreen and restart of PC. i assume that your GPU overheated, might be repairable. well mine wasnt but yours might
  11. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i got 3 fans running in perfect order in my comp (desktop) and they all blow the air around fine but the sound is coming from the power supply as far as i could tell and the fail is kinda random i cant play a set time and have a fail so its unpredictable
  12. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Well-Known Member

does the crashing occur at any simillar points, like during high density mobs?
  13. Blaze

Blaze New Member

no it will happen in game tho never outside of a game and it hasnt crashed during a high intenstiy moment yet
  14. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

unplug the PSU from the Motherboard and video card and everything else. From the ATX24 (the big block of wires that connects to the Motherboard get a jumper wire or paperclip to jump connections 4 and 6/8 from the top row.

Let it run if hear sounds. Use something to clear out the dust from the vents. Then power it back on. If sound persist its either your fans just have plastic grinding.

Because if your PSU gave out it can't be recover.

What is your PSU rated for? 450Watt. 550? 650?
  15. squish

squish Well-Known Member

To understand wtf he's saying, short THE green wire on the big block, with a black one. Green is the "Hey, asshole, cut on so I can boot up" wire. Black ones are ground.
  16. Blaze

Blaze New Member

thanks for all the help guys but i opened my computer looked around and... well i said fuck it im gonna save my money and get an alienware comp i hate running my game in low settings anyways
  17. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

or just buy a new video card.
  18. Blaze

Blaze New Member

ehh my computer isnt built very well almost everything in it is low quality so im getting a massive gaming performance boost if i got a pure gaming computer
    But i really appreciate all the help you guys have been
  19. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Don't get alienware, it is overpriced, and ask tsukino about her's.
  20. Blaze

Blaze New Member

acctually the one im getting is only like 800