Takin' a break

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by squish, Aug 22, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

My laptop finally just gave out and wouldn't boot up, the GPU crashed on it: My lesson from this: AVOID GODDAMN ONBOARD GFX. ON ANYTHING at all. anywho, won't be back until maybe January when I get a new gaming rig up an goin'. Been great all you guys, I will try to post on the forums, etcetera.
  2. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

goodluck. c u in january.
    [hr]
    u can get some decent laptops at best buy (and other places) but for relativley cheap. Ive seen some for 350-500 that can run sc2 decently. w/e
  3. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

My advice... do not laptop game.
    I tried mine at $1200 and it was gone in 2 years.

Then i bought a desktop for $1100
    It had 2x the performance level of my laptop, but of course the tech for all laptops and desktops were already advanced by those 2 years.
  4. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I WAS laptop gaming. 2 years before the onboard ATI mobility Radeon HD 4650 went out, and wouldn't even turn on. SOOOO I took it apart. RAM is fuckin PUNY for those things...
    |----------------------------| It's seriously that long. My man parts are bigger than PC ram. Who knew? -.- anywho: it had:
    AMD's Turion II Dual Core 64 bit processor
    4GB of HP ram that probably would've died in 2 weeks
    1GB of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    Windows 7 64 bit home premium
    Beloved, Glorious Starcraft II which could play this badass fuckin map.. I think it was called Night of the Dead or somethin' like that. And Star Battle. Could play starbattle. Until it wouldn't run SCII anymore. Then I stuck to C&C First decade status. THEN IT COULDN'T PLAY C&C RAII anymore. (THE FLAGPOLE JAMMED UP HP'S ASS (and tears of) RAGE)
  5. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

But BesyBuy versions are always stripped down versions.
  6. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Got my laptop in the Us around $700 it runs Sc2 nicely =D