Take me off hacker list pls

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by kurtsaidwhat, Dec 29, 2017.

1. kurtsaidwhat

kurtsaidwhat New Member

Hi,

I already made a post a very long time ago why I'm not a hacker. I just went on the game again first time in 2 years and apparently I'm marked as a known hacker. Can you take me off pls, thanks. The original post is probably in archives.

Attached Files:

2. stanK

stanK Member

The hacker list was not updated in years afaik, why are you maked as hacker again?
  3. kurtsaidwhat

kurtsaidwhat New Member

I have like 2 extra mods due to a bug in the game from a very long time ago. I'm not sure why I was put on the hacker list a long time after I stopped playing.
  4. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

When did you buy your weapon mods and how much were they to purchase?

1) your bank is not legitimate. You abused a bug in the code to get more weapon mods and credits than you deserve/earned.

2) you are not banned from what I can tell. You can start a new bank.

3) if you want, you can revert back to a time before you purchased the weapon mods and had your 10k in the bank and go from there (don't buy a weapon mod yet though until you earn at least 5100 more credits). Open your v3 file and rename section name and key name from "" to "1" and "1" to "2". The "" key string holds your XP, credits, and weapon mods in bankv3. The "1" key string holds your wins and medals. However, I believe you abused this glitch even in your 10k bank, as your earliest 10k bank has 10,000 available credits and 4912 lifetime credits. Compare that to my 20k bank, which has 6250 lifetime credits and 5250 available credits (after purchasing a kitten). Additionally you have a 15,000 bank with 5562 lifetime credits. Seems a bit strange to have exactly 15k.

4) I could modify the autoban to not look at the number of weapon mods purchased and rather the number of weapon mods assigned, but this seems like a fringe case, and you've never been particularly polite kurtsaidwhat.

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forumarchive/showthread.php?tid=1805&pid=58147#pid58147

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forumarchive/showthread.php?tid=1805&pid=58634#pid58634

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forumarchive/showthread.php?tid=2502&pid=59051#pid59051
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. kurtsaidwhat

kurtsaidwhat New Member

I bought them in 2011..

idk how much they were
  6. kurtsaidwhat

kurtsaidwhat New Member

and you can see the dates in the zip file
  7. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Made some edits with your options above.

You can:

1) start a new bank

2) revert to your 10k bank from 9/23/11 and not purchase any weapon mods until you actually earn 10k lifetime credits

3) not play this game anymore

I'm confused because I thought ability fixed your bank.
  8. stanK

stanK Member

Ability actually edited kurts bankfile manually? Wow, that would be something if its true.

Can anyone comment?
  9. kurtsaidwhat

kurtsaidwhat New Member

No first off all, I didn't abuse a glitch. Back then, the game would not accurately track credits. I ran a lot of credit runs on survival. You can ask other people that it wouldn't track accurately. I think what happened was when you clicked on mods too fast it would give you multiples. When I noticed I had more mods, I wasn't gonna revert to an old bank and lose several days of runs just because of some dumb glitch that barely even does anything. Also, Ability did not edit my file, he just said it was okay. So if someone could just take me off the list thanks.
  10. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Credits didn't track when you got negative credits from buying items in a broken shop. My credits tracked perfectly. Your lot of credit runs amounted to maybe 4000 credits total, which you can get in around 8 survival/security wins now.

You're not banned. Your bank is illegitimate. Now you need to revert 7 years (and don't buy a weapon mod for a while of playing) instead of several days.
  11. kurtsaidwhat

kurtsaidwhat New Member

1. Who cares if your bank didn't change? You clearly did not know enough people at the time, because tons of people had credits that didn't add up properly.

2. Ability said my bank was fine and there was no problem.

3. If you can't do anything then I don't need you to say anything.
  12. stanK

stanK Member

The way bankfiles are handled was changed recently, and support for old malformed banks due to game bugs was dropped.

Ability no longer works on the game, and nobody wants to maintain the shit-code that is nothing more than a workaround for bugs that were made more than 5 years ago.

There is nothing preventing you from adding proper support to old banks yourself, and taking up maintenance, so stop whining along the lines of "fix code and help me or shut up".
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  13. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

kurtsaidwhat is a legitimate player. His bank may be bjork but he's not a hacker. Please remove him.
  15. stanK

stanK Member

Remove him from what? He isn't on any list that we can just delete an entry from.

Rocks submitted autoban hackaround, but AP needs to merge it to work.
  16. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

His bank is bjork and is banned. If someone wants to add a specific caveat to allow him to use is ill-gotten weapon mod gains that's not okay IMO, but I can't do anything about that other than complain.