TacNet - Global Leaderboards and Vigil

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ability, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Apologies for the delay - have PMed you Mirage. Can you please work with Blaqk on the final implementation for Vigil as I'm been unable to find time for this? Thanks.
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Not of direct relevance, but this tool for Diablo 3 is not bad. Made by a 3rd party to track stats/progression/population distribution. Maybe some inspiration there.

http://diablostats.com/
  3. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Think that'd be more for Blaqk since, for lack of a better word my front-end web development skills.. are shit right now (Learning though)
  4. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I need everybody's help to download and start using Vigil to give Mirage feedback. I've listed some on the announcement thread.

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... 6#pid37376

Feedback
    - Please enable 'Auto-Detect Bank' by default. Right now, people have to go to Configure -> Configure Bank -> Try Auto-Detect to get the banks detected. It'll be a lot more intuitive to have it on as default and reduces unnecessary steps.
    - Please allow us to resize the app. Ideally, I'd like people to be able to take a screenshot of all their Bank stats if they can resize it large enough.
    - For Vigil Chat, please get it to automatically use our Character Code names as chat names (once forum integration is done). It currently displays as 'VigilClient' until we manually change it in Configure -> Configure Chat.
    - When I click minimize on Vigil, please allow it to stay on Windows taskbar (it disappears to the area on bottom right in Windows 7)
    - The overall loading time is a bit slow. It takes 3-4 seconds on my PC to load the app. Can this be improved?
  5. Mirage
    • Donator

So anyways, while i've been doing work on Vigil to improve on the feedback I've also done a bit of thinking on the web interface.

So far

• Top X by <STAT> (Default to XP, X is how many you want to display, possibly max out at 100?)
    • Create image from PlayerID (So we can allow signatures with some stats in them to be updated as they're retrieved)
    • Best of <CLASSTYPE> (Will rank by most CP)
    • Page to display % of players in each rank in-game via pie-chart thing ( https://google-developers.appspot.com/c ... y/piechart )
    • Individual player stat pages that can be linked to forum profiles seamlessly
  6. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

There's an issue with Vigil being frozen after a period of inactivity and needs to be shut down from task manager, not sure if this is due to connecting to chat channel or not.
  7. Mirage
    • Donator

Hm... Any chance you can give me a copy of the 'trace window' thing under About?

OR

About how long does that take to happen?

I've let it idle for a few hours now.. 6-7 and it hasn't frozen.. Hmpf.
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks. There's a new bank variable (46 i think) that stores Boot Camp completion. You can add that to Vigil. 0 for incomplete. 1 for Boot Camp complete. May use another numbers (2-999999) to track additional things in the future.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

We need more community feedback on Vigil to make this a better tool. Moving this to NOTD Discussion.
  10. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

1. please include a option to change the clock to 24h instead of am/pm.

2. Change the sort direction on the stats tab, instead of oldest at the top make it the newest replay.

3. While vigil responds to bank changes it doesnt sort the new backups correctly into the list.
    edit: they are sorted to the wrong end on the bank tab too.

4. Is there a reason why watching a bank and restoring are on 2 different tabs? Right now you have to look for the bank you want on the stats tab and then to reset go to the bank tab to restore it.

5. Why cant you compare backups? When you select another bank to view, once you click the compare button it resets to the master bank and compares with that.