TacNet - Global Leaderboards and Vigil

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ability, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Is it possible to add another "hidden" stat in there that would be a clone of the "games played" which is not displayed? Would serve as a sort of double check mechanism for bank legitimacy. Or if people have other similar ideas, that's welcome too.

Have it (or any other similar "stat") be the one displayed on the global leaderboards and vigil so it's easy to cross check with players in game.
  2. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

One of the points of the bank submission to the server will be that checks will be able to run over the database to scan for bank irregularities to find if someone's cheated.

Another thing for people here to give input on, since me and ability haven't come to a set decision.

Would you prefer a regular program installer or one of those new-fangled web installer things (Ie you visit a link, it asks for permission then downloads the most updated program to your comp without need for a patcher) Or the first thing?

For an example of how that 'web start' thing would work, here's the URL.

http://dev.ephemeraldevelopment.com/vigil/deploy.jnlp
    (Yes OSX Users will be stuck with an ugly .app icon until I can figure a way around that Update: Working on a workaround.)

Original picture of the backup tab preview has been updated, now have some of the background code tied in and it displays locations, tho for now they're mock.
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I see, so you'd modify the name of that link to be something like Vigil and paste it in an info news post for poeple to click on right?
  4. Mirage
    • Donator

Pretty much yeah, and while the signature right now is 'untrusted' (Because I don't have 400$ a frigging year to buy a software signing certificate from Verisign) at a later time if Ability wants he can get one or use one from somewhere else or w/e to be more official and all, and this approach avoids the uncomfortable issue that is making installers for each separate platform, and it self-patches.
  5. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Good work thus far.
  6. Lucid
    • Donator

Lucid Well-Known Member

Verisign is way too pricey and there are other CA that can do a comparable job about a fourth of the price. I can't remember the companies ATM but I can post some later if you need. I'm too tired to remember them...
  7. Mirage
    • Donator

Either way it doesn't -really- need an official signature as long as people don't mind hitting accept once at the start (And then as long as it doesn't constantly change, the one I used to sign this test build only has a 6 month time so I can probably adjust that)
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Agree - won't use the official signature at this time.
  9. Mirage
    • Donator

Bump, I want to try and get a second open test going with the backup tab, news tab, and the chat tab completed sometime this week, probably this friday or saturday.
  10. Mirage
    • Donator

Vigil

Bump, Ready for next test run, Backup features and first run configuration dialogs now work :D

Additionally, input is greatly welcomed.
  11. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

First run config starts minimized, had to hunt it down and close it to proceed. I'm assuming dropbox will auto login in the future.
  12. Mirage
    • Donator

What do you mean by auto login? You have to click initialize and then it takes you to a login page, you login then grant it access and it saves the access keys (Vigil never actually gets your password/username it just saves a set of keys that allows it access to your account sorta like how google works with logging into other sites via OpenID and such).

As for first run config starting minimized I'll take a look.

Edit: Hm, not minimized.. but something else, how odd.

Edit2: Fixed, how odd that was.

Vigil

Just re-do :D
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

When I first install it, it won't let me click anything inside the 'Configure Chat' box.
  14. Mirage
    • Donator

Fixed, should just have to re-run the jnlp file.
  15. Mirage
    • Donator

Okay then, so its finally done (as far as I can think anyways, let me know if you find any issues)

First thing you're gonna want todo is go to your java settings

(Windows -> Control Panel -> Search Java, then Empty Cache)
    (OSX -> Applications -> Utilities (I think?) -> Java -> Clear Cache Files)

Vigil

And then launch from jnlp again.
  16. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Can not open filesystem to get paths of backups in Backup Configuration (clicked on Folder icon, nothing happens).
  17. Mirage
    • Donator

Neeevermind, Got it fixed, just clear cache and let it re-DL ;d
  18. Mirage
    • Donator

The build on the site currently is pretty much the release version, just waiting on Ability now.
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Btw, someone in channel was mentioning Sotis/Aos has a similar thing but built into sc2. That would be of benefit in terms of listing players who don't go outside of the sc2 game itself much in terms of forum, website etc.

Probably would take loads of scripting though.
  20. Mirage
    • Donator

Pulled down the vigil binaries and removed website, because the deadline that Ability gave me that he said he was going to review/get back to me/pay on has passed I've decided to just move onto something that is actually productive.