Survival too easy

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by RiDdElOrE, Mar 17, 2012.

1. RiDdElOrE

RiDdElOrE New Member

Hey buddys
    on EU all ppl now start to farm surv ... which is not that bad BUT(and thats a big BUT):
    it cant be that ppl win Survival nm who cant even win ec/ac/sec nm coz they lack the skill.
    In MY opinion Survival got nerf´d so hard even a bunch of retards can do it (sry for offensive language)
    Especially when they use pf and gg to get team to unreachable places and make the win certain for all who reach wave 40.
    Ability man PLS do something about this it drives me MAD to see all those nabs getting more surv wins then me just coz i refuse to exploit.
    thx for recognizing this tc guys and dont exploit nasty bugs
  2. AngelSephy

AngelSephy New Member

deja vu, it never ends
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well, Pathfinder being able to Griefer Gun cheese with No Quarter is an issue. But without such a thing Survival is actually pretty decent and a good challenge. Maybe crank it up a bit. But if you don't have that one specific cheese going on there's plenty enough "oh shit" moments to make it interesting.

So not a case of "Make Survival Harder" necessarily. A better idea would just be "open all doors/gates at start" to remove the ability to do that one narrow cheese. That and make ravines unpathable terrain that you can't jump down into either.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Surv is easy... with a solid team. I defeated surv over and over, simply because my team knows wtf to do. Most noobies can pick it up pretty fast, since the waves, once known, are easy to work around. It requires that you know how to kite, use items (since you get them all). 2 man could use a bump in difficulty, but other then that, there are plenty of moments where you slip, your probably dead. The main reason survival could be considered easier is that in NO situation do you have your back to a wall. You are never locked into one location with massive spawns coming through EVERY access point (Athena, Airlock, Mil Base, etc), so you largely control the pace of combat. For good players with good map awareness and kiting, this becomes easy.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Take out Sec Team classes for Survival and it becomes more challenging and in line with other story difficulties.
    Sec Team classes simply make Survival dead easy (outside of Perses)
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I will concede this, specifically PO makes life MUCH easier. Left tree PO has awesome crowd kiting abilities (Foresight is the big one).

Even then, I can roll engie/trapper, engie/nuker, trapper/nuker and still win (done all the above). You simply need a team you can practically mind read (2-3 man).
  7. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

imo the problems with survival are:

1. extremely OP classes *cough*pathfinder*cough*
    2. the same order of waves every game. after a few games, everyone knows exactly where to go and what to do for each wave, and that makes it easy

but don't fix any of that until I farm my 6 weapon mods *runs*
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Yeah it'd be great if we could actually see the PF implemented properly. Ie, throttle is not a second sprint, and real jump animations, not teleports.
  9. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

On the topic of survival, why is it open for a "single-player" when there's no point to it?

Auto cant get past wave 20, no H3s (I know it would be to abusable/farmable if they did spawn for one person)

I remember it not being able to be started with 1 person before...
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Nothing wrong with keeping it open for solo (Though I support no rewards for it), just so people can go do a scouting run of it without jeopardizing people's quasi organized runs. Just lets them learn the early waves and timing.
  11. Maniac

Maniac Member

Survival is EASY.
  12. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

You should do NM Survival, thats where shit can hit the fan. Currently for myself and the people I play with, if it isn't NM then it is easy this goes for any mode. So you guys saying that normal survival is easy really means nothing to me, everything because easy once you have played it enough. I think that the only thing that needs to be done is for the ability to cheese, the pathfinder jumping into apollo, be removed.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

No Quarter is supposed to have the same pathing that Assault Jump does, I.E., cannot traverse terrain/doodads.
  14. Rataraxia

Rataraxia New Member

Problem not only in pf.
    There 3 classes that can provide such glitch with unreachable places: subcomm, psi ops inception and pf(no need in No Quarter, possible to use bug with only assault jump.)
    But if you will fix this problems it will be still easy to "1 shot shiva" last boss during inception and it doesnt mean you need more skill.
    For real, surv is easy(even nm), there only 2-3 moments where you can fail, and they require only pure lack(wave 19 with slashers, and wave 27 with air-strikes, and of course, this annoying buged perses with x10 hp). For everything else we have already got tactic on EU. Last boss it just about aiming with shiva.
  15. Maniac

Maniac Member

Decease the rewards (exp and credits) from Survival, it gives too much compare to its current difficulty.
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Could help too if the waves were randomized. And no longer give titles for the waves.

So 1-9 would be totally randomized. 11-19. 21-29. Etc. Not knowing if the next wave is Slashers, or Parrots, or Parasites... that could help ramp up the difficulty a bit more towards that 5% success rate that The Man wants.
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You asked for it arc :O
    Wave 1 agron, wave 2 hulk, wave 3 hugger, wave 4 agron, wave 5 stalker, gg? :)

If you survive that:
    wave 11 lelantos, wave 12 slasher, wave 13 zoombie, wave 14 HAL, wave 15 blind/para, wave 16 devourer

If you are still alive:
    wave 21 angry birds, wave 22 bombers, wave 23 erebos, wave 24 animal farm, wave 25 seekers, wave 26 chargegrons

YOU STILL LIVE?!
    wave 31 nazara, wave 32 nydus, wave 33 perses, wave 34 Z effect, wave 35 minis, wave 36 demeter
  18. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I like how for the most part I'm just seeing "Survival is easy" and no changes really suggested in a concrete form to improve survival and increase its difficulty.
  19. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

The problem I don't see is the waves dont really build up. It's more or less the same difficulty, with different enemies. Then there's a few "kill waves" designed purely to make you lose. Slashers, mid game huggers, Marine wave, robots wave, ect ect all fit this bill.
  20. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Something more along the lines of Peera's Mercenary mode would be more fitting for Survival.