Survival Discussion

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by KatsuraJun, Mar 26, 2012.

1. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Well, we were 2 manning with Path/Tech and camping inside fort. The second of which was probably a bad idea.
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

RE: Survival wave 33...

Bad idea on both. Tech wont last against GOTB.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Mods won't, at least. Weapons will be able to keep GOTB distracted with Mad Spark and also drop the Dog to attack while he makes good his escape. By the time GOTB has caught up, he'll have taken appreciable damage and the abilities will be off cooldown. As far as I'm aware, GOTB can't target air units, so setting a Maintenance Drone to following him means that you'll always know where he is.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

To the contrary, tech is devastating against GotB for 2 reasons

1) Mad spark. Enough said.

2) Exhaust. Spammed exhaust will stack massive venom on GotB, slowing him to the point of lolz/easy mode. Saw this in action in an organized 8 man run, gotb within one lap was cake, team was moving too fast for him, had to tell them to slow the hell down, and actually kill the GotB.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Oh that's right.

Maybe it will be a good idea to go with several surv recs and just gun the crap out of him seeing how there's no antiair units from 38 onwards.
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

I assumed they used a Mods Tech simply because that seems to be the favorite. Black Dog will also be helpful against Wave 33 and can even distract Perses if you need to abandon ship and run like hell.

Survey Recons won't have anything but the L3 and Gravity Gun to keep him at bay. They wont last long.
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

This would work as long as you managed to kill perses, otherwise perses going to keep up with GotB and munch on your drones.[hr]
    Actually, since they can decloak him with LD, a foresight PO would be enough to keep him slowed at all times for drones to shoot the crap out of him. Not to mention with flares/ld they can just stinger/l3 kite him to death. Also GG does nothing to GotB.
  8. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Just thought of this: tech exhausts and motm bar the gotb then when the gotb gets too close the PF will gg him away with full throttle and repeat the steps again.

Edit: forgot to include spam exhaust b4 u use motm wih bar
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Okay, I'm going to stop assuming. That time I assumed they meant a team of pure Survey Recons.

As for The Heros Back, I have no idea what the hell he just said. Something about candy bars and energy drinks. For the record, you can't Gravity Gun heroics such as GOTB.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Assuming you're not taking unnecessary hits, tech can send his crawlers to stall GOTB, if only slightly. Feeding them to the GOTB one at a time can buy precious moments.
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you meant to say Mod Technician + Barret (Unless you meant crowbar, in that case, sorry), with Exhaust Spammed, and the Pathfinder would Gravity Gun the Technician if GotB came to close.

Its ok and all, but I'd just rather L3 nade the shit out of him and give him aids.
  12. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

kite with tech+exhaust when the hp is low the pathfinder use gravity gun and full throttle away and repeat the steps again.

note use the LOLbar to do this
  13. Ryan III

No offense but what else does bar stand for in notd besides Barrett?
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The Crowbar.
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I've slain the GotB before, albeit, only once.
  16. Ryan III

I killed the gotb once but when he was at like 1000 life someone gged me down. He picked me up I asked to be put down he dropped me right into gotb
  17. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Last time i checked, Foresight does NOT affect the GotB.
    Atleast, not in Nightmare which is really the only time i have had detection to be able to select him while he has been in a 9 radius of me.
    It should have atleast negated most of his +35% move speed from Frenzy :p

Or im delusional and someone else should test this :angel:
  18. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Cloaked units are unaffected by most things like foresight and traps... as long as they're cloaked. IF they are decloaked by HS or LD, they becomes affected.
  19. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Would it matter whether the detection was mine or someone else's that i borrowed with mindlink?

I usually don't use detection for the GotB (i prefer Ocular Implants and use the giant blur to see when he is getting close, I usually have a L3 so i dont have to target him)

i had detection from techs Floodlights to select the gotb to see if Foresight affected him and there weren't any signs that it did
    (no debuff icon and move speed wasn't changed at all)
  20. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

I apologize, I wasn't clear. When you detect something, it is still cloaked, just revealed to your sight. It does NOT remove its cloaking ability. As long as their cloaking is up, they will remain unaffected by foresight/traps/other passive things. Only HS and LD (to my knowledge) can REMOVE the cloak from a unit for their duration.