Suggestion - friendly fire

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by DryEagle, Feb 22, 2013.

1. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

I would like to propose a small suggestion here:

-> if you are shot by an ally, this will not reduce your rating. Or at least, not reduce it below 0 (to stop people friendly fire killing to save high rating if the game is going to be a loss?).

I say this because getting killed by friendlies at the start of the match (e.g. before gate opens in EC) puts you to something like -13 rating. Which seems a bit terrible.
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Currently FF does not cause hits and thus lost rating, but death does, death from anything. We could set this such that early death to FF does not cause rating loss, but I'll leave that up to Ability/Kith to decide.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I think TKing should have a heavy rating loss even without the karma bite.

If you're killing team mates, then clearly you aren't very food, and if its intentional, your an ass and karma bite.
  4. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

Well for example if someone wants to play as predator to get the high level pet with nice abilities, they need to be killed at start... since there is no way to suicide or take pet at selection... but thanks arcane, that does make sense, it seems rating loss at each life spent too.
  5. Arturia

Predator isn't a class. It was put it so someone who died had something to do after they died. It is in no way supposed to be a class, or a replacement for one.

Predator isn't a class and has less utility than any other class, even at high levels.

Maybe the game should punish people who try to become predators early. 13 rating is hardly a lot of rating anyways.
  6. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

All I can really say is that for any public game you join, you risk playing with people who are trolls, griefers, tkers, idiots, etc.

If you take out friendly fire sure that solves that problem, but then those type of players can still roam around the map taking precious items and hiding it from everyone, which still makes the gaming experience horrible.

With that being said, there's already so many ways someone in a public match can ruin your experience of having fun. They can just spam hitler signs all day, fill the lobby with afk players, rage in channel over stupidity, act like a moron in game, hog weapons, ect. Basically, what I am saying is that they will figure out any number of ways to ruin your gaming experience regardless. We can't stop everything and asking the community to do so is unfair.

My best advice as I've said it once and I'll say it again. Remember that NOTD is just a game and that when some horrible happens to you that was done by another player, move on. It's not the end of the world, it's not as if you are going to play with those players 24/7. You'll probably see them again if you decide to pub again, but you can always just leave that game.

Now if you every want to file a complaint against a player for tking you on numerous occasions, you can always PM me either in the forums or NOTD chat channel and I will look into it.

This post is a little off topic, but I've seen too many of these type of threads before.
  7. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Some team kills are not the user but the victims fault.
    Also karmabite really isnt a big deal.
  8. Arturia

I know Karmabite isn't a big deal.

I've never noticed Shiva's "Rating Penalty" even when it was implemented normally.

Really, any "penalty" we have is hardly a big deal. The impacts of them are almost non-noticeable.
  9. Zeus EU

Zeus EU New Member

As others have said pub matches are a big gamble. Several times this week I've seen <50 exp players hog all the gear (including gear that doesnt benefit their class and/or gear that they don't even equip!) and trigger missions as a way of griefing. I have TK'd several of these players, since rest of team didnt have enough exp to vk. None of the other exp players karmabit because they realized it had to be done. This is the benefit of FF. Im willing to carry new players but I wont let them throw games.