Stat Healing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jercy, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

So am I the only one who thinks stat healing is cheating?
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Beats the old "stat boosting' bug.
  3. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Well, the whole point of endurance is to get healing right? (And the small chance of lives) So if you don't heal using endurance, then there really isn't a point in getting it.
    It's more of an exploit, not exactly cheating, but better than not letting us edit stats at all.
  4. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

I see it as cheating, but it was also cheating to press UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START on Contra. If using stat healing to keep from remaking because of a simple mistake early on is wrong, hell I don't want to be right
  5. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I think you should be allowed to change your stats for 30 seconds into the game. Then they lock. Why would someone need more time than that?

If ability doesn't think stat healing is cheating, maybe he should just put a button on the marine actions card that if you double click it gives you 10hp? It would accomplish the same thing and would mean that people have to deal with the bad UI.
  6. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

It's a feature of the game pretty much everyone knows about. It's just another technique available for use. Until and unless it's removed, I see no problem with it.
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

We've all used it before. Let's be honest with ourselves; however, it would be nice if Ozy's idea were put in place.
  8. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Because the menus are unresponsive. I just smash the arrows for a good 10 seconds on the stat I want before moving on to the next one. There's really no point trying for finesse with any of the menus/inventory. Sometimes I have to click something like 5 times for it to work. I learned a long time ago that one click is never enough to use anything, which has caused me to immediately waste a whole stack of medkits before, but hey, better safe than sorry. It's best when you click something and the icon indicates it has been clicked, and then nothing happens.

Even hotkeys are silly.

*Press B, nothing happens*
    *Press B again, nothing happens*
    *About to press B again when suddenly the menu opens then closes*

Lawl.
  9. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Honestly never have used the Stat Healing. Like our Emperor said, the menus are just too damned unresponsive. So I just never bothered trying to depend on it. I knew it existed. I know The Man doesn't seem to care since it's existed for over a good year now. Plenty of Medkits and stuff near the start though so it's not that necessary to use it.
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I've used it many, many times in public games while suffering from a terrible medic and people hogging medkits.

Since it locks upon Airlock / Demeter Death / Armory, I don't see to much of a problem, though I once reminded a person just before we opened airlock to adjust their stats (They had forgotten to re-allocate , and I typically do a quick check around then, since stats set-ups vary based on character). Personally, I would prefer an in-game reminder to allocate your stats to all people (Not a big one, but one), and have stats lock after 5 minutes. 30 seconds is way to little time, especially since the first wave for Easy Company comes at around 1 minute, and this doesn't mention terrible lag that occurs. 5 Minute lock on it would be where it should be, rather then 30 seconds.
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Solid Idea.
  12. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Stats never lock in survival.
  13. Arturia

Have them lock at Wave 5 (or 11 if he wants it to be after a boss) for default point, if Ability plans to have it occur at a certain point of the game.

Otherwise, 5 minutes.
  14. Maniac

Maniac Member

I, sometimes, forget about the existence of stats because i never change it. LOL
  15. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

I haven't.

Perhaps you should try not getting hit?

Me too Maniac. Actually after I rank up I always remember that I have new stat points to use at some time after they lock, and then don't remember use them in the next game
    until after they lock again. I see stats as just being extra anyways.
  16. Cochrane

Cochrane New Member

With int u can't use the stat "bug" (energy). Why not using the same system for strength?
  17. Arturia

I have tried, but some situations are too screwed over. Some Public games Crash and burn tragically, and in this games, it becomes necessary to heal any way you can. I've had to deal with Spawns similar to Veteran / Normal in Pubs, without it being Veteran / Normal, and some people refuse to gather up, and many die at those times. At that point, Zombies will score a few hits on you, and even worse for computers like the one I use, I end up with a unfavorable amount of lag.

I haven't used it recently, but I have in the past for recovery purposes, especially in rather screwed up starts.
  18. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

I rarely stat heal, but I don't want to rm Apollos more than I usually do thanks to some guy on the team WITHOUT the medic, facetanking an agron or something, being at 50 health with open wounds/venom stacks.

Generally pausing and explaining how to stat heal avoids us having to rm.

I don't see how this is really a big issue, considering this stops working after the first 15 or so minutes of the game, after you kill the first boss. It's not like you can abuse this to tank Athena or something. It's just insurance. It's hardly something that can be abused for anything except remedying an early fuck up.
  19. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

You know that person dieing at that point and then the rest of the team continuing the game without him teaches him a lot more about how to not die to stupid things than stat healing does.

KatasuraJun please don't teach people how to stat heal or that stat healing is alright. If you want to use it then fine, I'm just asking you not to corrupt the new players.

This isn't a big issue, which is why it is in the General Dicussion section and not the NOTD Dicussion section. I only posted this poll because recently I have seen it abused beyond belief in survival, so I posted the poll to see what people think.

People who use stat healing are given a false sence of saftey from things that should kill them pretty fast(ie. Full Venom Stack). I bet that people who use stating healing regularly die to more stupid crap more often than the people who never use stat healing. I understand why people use it, and why they think its not cheating. I still think it is wrong because I think it is cheating and I feel it seriously impedes the skill of the individual that does use it which is why I never have used it and never will use it and will always have a reduced opinion of players that I see using it for any reason.

Also, what I really hate is when I am told to stat heal. That just sends me over the edge. People that stat heal think I should to stay a live when they have an Anti-Venom/First Aid Kit in their inventory that they could be dropping instead of trying to tell me to stat heal.
  20. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

I wasn't aware it was abusable in Survival. In that case, some kind of lock should be implemented in it.

I don't need stat healing, nor do I use it, so you don't need to say "if I want to use it," because generally it's fairly difficult to be THAT deep in the shitter 15 minutes in the game, without kits, and rapidly dying.

I don't appreciate the wording you use either. I'm not "corrupting" anyone. I don't see stat healing as an abusive mechanic in the 3 storylines. If survival is a different story, so be it - a lock needs to be implemented in it.

If you want to say dying "teaches" him something, what's stopping me from telling him "Stat heal now, don't go past stop signs ever again please." There. He "learned" without 7 other people having to waste 15 more minutes of our time thanks to drops, searching for new members to replace people who aren't responding, etc for another rm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.