Solo EC Vet

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaze, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member

ok i got to queen as FO in ec vet and due to a misclick i died but how can i acctually solo any of the 3 stories?
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

EC Experienced Fortitude demolitions
  3. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

Alpha NM with Order flamer is do able with no huggers.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

You could do it with pretty much any class.
  5. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

The key is to not pick field aid medic.
  6. Ümlaut

Ümlaut New Member

Assault protection works fine in ec, charge your way out of bad situations and cross to suppressive fire fast enough. Just care Erebos. Also, better to let the nydus spawn slashers rather than getting killed while trying to clear them.
  7. Harry B.C. Dresden

Harry B.C. Dresden Well-Known Member

i've solod ec with fa medic twice and won so its possible just takes forever
  8. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Depends on self limitations and skill. EC vet i could solo just by buying smg and stinger at start, counters nearly every mob.
  9. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

Apollo is most easily soloed with Technician (starting with weap, tho overlevel quite a bit). Just remeber to choose path A tho, as for on part B it wont let you close domes in solo =/(you can still do the reactor download, and lasers solo).
  10. Blaze

Blaze New Member

thing is if i dont kill worms my computer lags to hell from all the spawns ive been trying with amm with mixed results
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

12. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i mean i cant get past the hulk spawns without the minis cuz im not playing the kite allover the map game with the zombies im gonna kill them where i see them (amm with a flamer does great till a reload is needed)
  13. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Mobcon with cloak allows one to forfeit the lives of their enemies without fear of vengeance... until...........

Show Spoiler
    AGRON OR INFESTOR TROLOLOL
  14. Blaze

Blaze New Member

or a boss
  15. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

If the only part you have trouble with is killing nydus worms, ass prot may be the way to go, since u can tank slashers in ur sleep and eventaully they stop.
    If im seriously trying to win i normally go arms, or random good shit.
    Demo is also a great choice but i normally go explo.

Soloing really depends on your play style, but with a little guidance ive found it easiest with ass arms.
  16. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I always figured Rifleman would be the best, because repulse and Saline IV. Never hurts to be on the safe-side of things, esp. if you're soloing.

Sonic traps <might> help, but Weapons Prof will help you live on.

Its not like HMG won't mow those Slashers down anyways.
  17. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i prefer going marksman so i can just peek over a wall and kill the worm but once i lose those minis to kiting i cant handle mobs anymore they start to overwelm me
  18. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Also, if you dont mind taking you time, engi farms ags or demo plant shit tons of mines everwhere. Its actually really really fun lol.
  19. CooL

CooL Member

With engi fixed, all u need to do is MC bbg & ogi (not ivan). With few agrons would be faster. Just don't expect speed run.
    If u need speed, go smm with sg.

BTW.. Anyone have nice solo walkthrough alpha & apollo replay?
  20. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

good luck getting queen to agro bbq as solo engi.. it wont happen has about the same agro as a slashie