Solo Credits

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, May 13, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

So, I don't really have a great argument for this I suppose, but for the ppl that do play single player I think it would be nice if we could earn at least some credits? I mean i dont think many ppl play vet or nm solo, but even if they do just reduce the amt per h3? Instead of getting 40 creds for each h3, give us like 1-5 randomly? or even have 0-5 lol. Or on solo no h3, just earn creds by objectives? Idk but for me personally, I do 50% of my gaming offline, so no credits for solo is really lame to me. Any ideas?
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

The argument for disallowing credit gain in singleplayer thus far has been because it allows hackers to say that they farmed their credits in singleplayer. This really is a weak argument as there are numerous ways to verify this including one painfully obvious method.
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

As for Survival, you should be able to earn credits for surviving waves and killing bosses, but there should be no H3 present to collect. Otherwise you can do solo survival, run around, find H3s, restart, repeat.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

The other very STRONG argument is that numerous people back in the day farmed credits solo HARD. We're talking they farmed chapter 1 NM Apollo for the 2 cans over and over and over. You could easily farm a weapon mod in like 2 days or less. Even with the caps of today, this would still happen. It would take like 10-15 minutes to get 2 cans, which is like 100 credits (rank adjusted). Survival is even worse, 4 cans in roughly same amount of time, or less.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Arcane, if you take out the canisters and just make it mission reward, you alleviate that issue.
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Which they did remove, however it wouldn't take very long for players to sort out which story is easiest to solo, and then farm that.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Nope. H3 Canisters still drop while solo. They just don't give a reward.
  8. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well wat if you make 5-10 max creds for solo? with h3 or not? If a hacker is ganna hack, there going to find a way regardless, so its kinda punishing everyone for the few..
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

He's far from our only singleplayer fan. If you recall, a while back we had a poor soul post here asking for help as to why he was being kicked from the game. It turns out he was practicing in singleplayer and his stats were so skewed by it that he was flagged as a cheater.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Or, per 5k xp u can earn 1 extra cred per game after 10 limit? So if your 5k xp you can earn 11 creds, 10k xp you can earn 12 creds? Somthing Idk?
    [hr]
    Single player for a game like this is great, especially if you cant pay full attention for 1.25 hours because your kids pooped on the floor and got hungry and starting eating it... solo has a pause button which is great!
    [hr]
    So recap for a sec, Solo creds would be ok if...
    1)Cred for Obj/Game points
    2)Reduced amt for h3
    3)Remove h3, or keep h3 no creds with #1 ^
    4) ?Suggestions?
  11. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

Pausing in multiplayer is also allowed. Just tell your teammate your gonna pause a few minutes. but the only issue in public game, there is always a person that resume for god know why
  12. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Lack of patience usually
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Usually the same guy that was spamming "GO!" in the lobby the moment that it took more than 10 seconds for the next player slot to be filled.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

In NOTD:AM single player was extremely hard, it gave full rewards, but the enemy spawn was more or less scaled for a full house. This justified not altering rewards for single player, because you really had to work/be good to earn them.

In NOTDSCII however, single player spawns are a joke, and so are the rewards. A single player non-nm survival is like 33exp, -1 karma, 7 rating. For 45 Minutes of work. No medals, and no credits. It doesnt even count as a win.

It would be nice if NOTDs single player was at least somewhat challenging, with justified rewards. I highly doubt any hacker can pass himself off a single player farmer, either way you could just review his match history.

The biggest issue I see is Bosses. In AM bosses were generally "lots of hp, hits like a truck, fast but kitable." NOTD bosses got all sorts of skills to invalidate kiting. Tart has his speed and front armor, Erebos has banelings spam and blindness, Queen has shriek (to a degree). The other campaigns are generally even worse for kiting bosses.
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Nightmare solo Easy Company is impossible because of Tartarus. If I could get Elly I'm sure I'd pass it.
  16. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Maybe make it so it will count single-player games if they last a certain time or reach a certain time.

I.E. if your just jumping in a game to test a bug or something real quick it doesnt count.

But say if you make it to tart or erebos (or other storyline equivalent) it counts.

AND

Increase the damn spawns. If people wana try to solo it, make it hard, maybe 5 player equivalent or so?
  17. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Yeah, the hard parts of Solo is bosses and when crowds come. So maybe those are the times when creds are earnable.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

... You're kidding, right? Tartarus is a joke. Let him attack the minis/Ogilvy, shoot him while he's distracted. Hell, if you have a reasonable amount of armor and a Biffgun, you don't even need to wait for him to be distracted. The AOE templates for the Biffgun hit Tart's ass, so it counts as "being hit from behind". Arms Assault with a Biffgun can tear Tart in half without even having to move.
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

That and there's an area on the Security Checkpoint where you can bluff Tartar Sauce and have him get "Stuck". Sure he will face the front to you but as Kith said, weapon choice allows you to get around that. Elly is MUCH harder to solo in my experience.
  20. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

That assumes you find or buy said weapon. It's not unheard of to get to Tartarus finding nothing more than an SMG.