Slithers

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JAW, Jul 11, 2012.

1. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

I basically want to get an idea for how people feel about the slithers. They spawn in small batches in alpha co when demeter uses his abilities, have higher hp than your tank, and will tend to consume tanks fairly rapidly. I think they are a bit much, but I want the opinions of better (and smarter) players than myself.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You don't have to tank them with your tank and you don't have to be that close to demeter that they can eat away at you while you are stunned.
  3. PADDYPOWER

PADDYPOWER New Member

I find them pretty cool. Demeter used to be pipsqueak, but now he can be a challenge if not handled correctly.
  4. CooL

CooL Member

+1
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The Slithers are fine, it's Demeter's stun mechanics that need to be fixed.
  6. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Traps also shut them down effectively enough.
  7. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Well, given the stuns, deme's cliff walk, and the fact that 1 flamer, 1 fo, and 3 mini fb's all with flamethrowers can't kill them fast enough, I'm obviously hitting my head against a wall. Is there a special way (besides traps) that I should be handling these things? And should we not fight him in the fort?
  8. QuantumMech

As long as it isn't nm, as far as I know, traps are the only viable way to camp it out. We have used them successfully, you just need about 2 for the tank, and 2 others to guard the rest of the team.
  9. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Why would you even want to camp it out instead of killing them?
  10. QuantumMech

Camp it out as in not kite Demeter. It is rather doable, minus a random troll stun.
  11. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

I don't want to rely on a single ability, if I wanted to do that, I would play apollo.
  12. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

On EU we always wait for Demeter at Fort and just kill the Slithers when they spawn.
    The Tank just needs to stand far enough away and the medic shields before the stun, after the stun you just kill them and continue with demeter. There are so many Weapons/Skills that kill them fast that i dont see where the problem is as long as the tank and medic do they jobs.
  13. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks. The game that prompted me to create this thread was a NM run, but I had 3 mini fb's along with our tank and my own fo all using flamers and we still couldn't kill them fast enough. I guess it must've been just a bad luck day. After looking at the poll numbers, I feel just silly.
  14. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

it easy, just force push demeter off the fort and when he spawn slithers it will take the long way around to you.
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yes, because Psi Ops is a part of Alpha.
  16. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

And you can push things off of ledges.
  17. TowerTower

TowerTower New Member

It's quite hard with Demeter stun...I find it harder than most boss in alpha...but well..It's alpha..its meant to be hard..
  18. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

slithers can be dealt extremely easily if people ACTUALLY use there skills, (smite mostly but others for sure).. regardless.. a trapper is by far the easiest way to deal with them. The only time i have seen slithers nom down a tank was an alpha were there was no flamer but a radommed technician, and a flamer tank who hardly used smite. ( both games we had roflemans who went dps becasue "traps are useless in alpha" according to these idiots).
  19. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Am okay with slithers atm. Am hoping that there are multiple ways to deal with the fight rather than one ultimate way.
  20. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

There is always one ultimate way to deal with everything. That ultimate way is Sonic Traps the proper administration of death.