Shiva Damage

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by SirGalahad, May 5, 2012.

1. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

Does Shiva damage decrease the further the target is from the centre of the explosion? I used Shiva on a 36k IVAX and it only did 33.5k damage. He was on the outside of the blast though.

[attachment=916]
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Depends how its splash was set up. I haven't looked at shiva lately.

SCII allows you to create multiple different damages within a single aoe effect.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

Can we get some info on the effect of active/passive abilities and mods on shiva damage as well?
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I believe almost nothing affects shiva now. Just did a NM apollo B, a lusted rofl did nothing to modify its damage. At this point Shiva is so limited in use as to be borderline useless. The only 4 places to use shiva with any real effect are:

Athena for OHK.

Hades 2 after multiple people are dead and your teams has to fall back, and hades is near dead.

Near OHK IVAX, which is useless because A) FO can already lock him down with ease and B) Shivaing him has a decent chance for him to simply autoswitch to logn range weapons and kill a person or more.

Blind firing to hit Perses if you somehow see her coming, which is literally a shot in the dark.

Also because of the buffs to OSOK, OSOKer with barret can often do more damage then shiva over the course of any final boss battle.
  5. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing on this. One Shot is doing what? Like ≈ 6k on bosses like Perses?

Maybe Shiva needs to do some sort of % of health damage on bosses. Right now the main use seems to be if pretty much everyone is dead and you are kiting final bosses.
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Ok just did the number crunching on a 185K Boss with OSOK, OSOK will not equal shiva by end of battle (I assumed MM OSOKed as opening shot, and osoked every 20k HP, so on 185k,165k,145k,etc). However, OSOK can be used non stop while boss fight is ongoing, it does not TK and also does not lower team dps (by forcing team away from boss). I also did not include any anticipation bonus or crits (since both are not guarenteed). By the end, OSOKer (9 osoks later, if he did them even faster and more during the beginning this number would be MUCH higher) does 38070 in damage. So yeah... shiva feels massively underwhelming in comparision.
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Good, the shiva should never have been modified by exterior damage sources. NO other NOTD's shiva has ever had that, and it fucks with balance royal. Just rebalance the shivas damage to compensate for being buff proof. As for OSOK, either it's % based damage is too high, or is reading enemy health incorrectly, because the numbers arent adding up. It's doing much more damage that it should, even in a perfect scenario.
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

OSOK is doing a bit too much damage to bosses - eating 2%/3% of total HP per shot. Long range, easy application - 1-2 Ass MM in boss fight reduces the time taken a bit too conveniently.

Reduced boss HP damage to 1.5%/2% in next patch.
  9. Hongbearr

Hongbearr New Member

My problem is actually not with that it's doing too much damage. OSOK is the only T3 skill that SCALES to difficulty, i.e., regardless of whether it is recruit or NM, OSOK can take down a boss at the same speed. Nightmare fights should be more difficult, but as far as OSOK is concerned, it is just about the same.

I'm not complaining about it, because this makes MM an essential part of the team especially for nightmare runs. However, perhaps OSOK % damage should be scaled to difficulty.
  10. Banshee

Banshee New Member

Agreed. I've seen OSOK take out IVAX on NM in under 1-2min. Was insain. Even with Pers on nm(3mm's), we killed it before it launched blasts.