Shield Exploit with Kitty.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Extifer, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

So there is a new bug and exploit that was made aware today courtesy of Dert. Basically if your playing as a kitty and if you are shielded by Medic or Recon's Reaper before you level, you will obtain permanent bonus shields.

This bug was tested today by members of UniT and myself and the screen shots and replays are attached. Also, here is the progressions of shield that keeps getting added per level.

Level 1: 20

Level 2: 104

Level 3: 213

Level 4: 355

Level 5: 539

Level 6: 779

Level 7: 1031

Level 8: 1419

Level 9: 1863

Level 10: 2500

Level 11: 3310
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Thanks for posting it for us.
  3. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Hey look its me.
  4. Blaze

Blaze New Member

awww now its gonna get patched! ehhh idc i never used it
  5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the Level Up Trigger doesn't look at the base maximum amount of shields, but runs its amount off of the current maximum.

Because it increases by ~40% each level. So it looks at the Current Maximum Amount, and multiplies by 1.4 to get the new, maximum amount.

Would probably be an easier fix to change to a static shield boost per level, or to just have each certain level-up add the an amount of shields that would give the same amount as the predator normally has at that level.

Each Pet gets 5% increased maximum health per level, which I assume would also run the same exact way the shield trigger runs (no worries on this side however, because no skill buff's the max HP of another unit).
  6. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

never take this attitude towards bugs/exploits. ty
  7. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Wow. 3310 shields is sick.
  8. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Now kitty becomes a Monstertank oO. Wonder if this would work with all classes if they gain shields per levelup.
  9. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I posted the same thing in exploitable bugs in the BO forum...

But anyways needs to be fixed asap
  10. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thanks - will fix in next patch this weekend.
  11. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Strangely specific bugs are fun. Like the one involving Bombing Run and Gravity Grenade.
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Yeah, these bugs are the weird ones, basically edge/corner cases that rarely affect gameplay but can prove to be game breaking. In this case, yeah, you get a free tank that can easily hold its own against many many things. Though I do point out this is somewhat of a useless exploit because A) Kitty I believe is not any higher threat priority so it can't effectively hold aggro at all B) Has no shield armor, most stuff will roll through that much shield fairly quickly and kitty attack is largely ineffective against mobs and C) You forfeit MoH to do this.
  13. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

at 3k shields, 1 nanoshield from med will insta repair it all

Nothing can roll though 3k shields fast enough to make med shielding a burden
  14. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Actually, Queen + Mobs WILL roll through like hot knife through butter. NM queen will be doing roughly 230 per attack (90 + 15 because of -3 shield armor, assuming nano shield is applied), and with frenzy, will be hitting for close to 280, with like <1 AS, then slap all the stalkers and infested marines shooting it... and yeah it crumbles pretty fast. Will kitty withstand it with medic help? Yeah, but also, and I'm not 100% on this, but players may have higher threat rating so medic coming up to shield just might earn the queens attention for instant 2 shot death.

Not to mention IVAX will blow kitty away with his random EMP (will drop the shields entirely).
  15. Blaze

Blaze New Member

ahhh i remember DERT showing me this with the reaper drones shield instead he got massive shields by queen in a nm and tanked it (i still died before queen to something was arty fo)
  16. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

They have the same priority WHILE kitty is in attack mode (ignores kitty if kitty isnt using attack)
  17. DERT

DERT New Member

Oh Shooz you lazy bum. I asked YOU to post it!! Anyways,
    To Ability: Bug has always been there, either only I found out about it or I'm one of the VERY few who know (people don't experiment enough)... been knowing it for months... or maybe a year.
    To Arturia: Yes. Your guess was exactly what I explained to Shooz.
    To Arcane: If mobs are taken care of before tanking starts (disregarding difficulty/medal hunting) queen is easy to tank, so no the exploit is not completely useless.
    To Blaze: HI BLAZE :D
    Anyways, like blaze said, when I showed him that bug, I had about 2k shields on Brutalisk pet and Reaper still alive, tanked NM queen fairly easy and kept aggro most of the time (except when I had to run to wait for reaper shield to refresh, for which everyone had to run too). But why am I explaining how to use this bug? lol.
    Last but not least,
    To Extifer: Thanks for posting this, I'll be looking forwards the fix of this bug, so people don't use it for some medal hunting purposes. It must go.
    ggs~

PS:
    SHOOZ
    SHOOZ
    OH MY GOD SHOOZ
    LET'S GET SOME SHOOZ
    :heart:
  18. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA[/video]

Im now way off topic, thnx DERT!
  19. Blaze

Blaze New Member

HAI DERT :D
  20. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

This thread is not needed anymore, Ability said he would fix it, also, it has become off topic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.