Sec NM Seekers

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by rockz, May 16, 2017.

1. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Seekers destroy the balance of the game and make it suddenly and unexpectedly more difficult. The comm trigger spawning seekers makes the game much harder for a long time as well, since it gives significantly less XP.

I'd like to propose we remove the random element or mix the random element so that you get a mixture of seekers and infested marines, or you ONLY get seekers at higher squad ratings (like 2400+).
  2. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Some of my fondest memories of Sec NM is when we get Seekers.
  3. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

Seekers are good, this game is already too boring.
  4. stanK

stanK Member

Seekers fit well into category of shit that any sensible dev team would long fix but didn't.

We cant remove/replace it though, changing waves significantly is a major change. Instead, we could do a better warning for players, like spawn a few seekers early, maybe add some visual indicator, or change objective text.

Another fix would be to increase seeker xp, cos they give too little for their trouble, but again -- its fucking with existing broken system that we cant change.
  5. stanK

stanK Member

Maybe run the seeker lottery earlier in code and add a message from gen. koller?
  6. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

There's a 10% chance of pure seekers. We can just move the seekers to the same spot as agrons and mutalisks, and increase the chance of seekers according to the squad rating.

I'm also fine with seekers always on nightmare, or have seekers on the 3rd "wave".
  7. squish

squish Well-Known Member

A 10% chance of getting fucked over is actually in this instance pretty fun. Whore the wrong way and git fukt. Leave well enough alone, seems you're crying about things in sec that make the game less accessible for you. Not everyone wants vanilla notd 24/7, variety is the spice of life.
  8. ozzy

ozzy Member

if there are enough seekers to equal the experience of the infested marines it could be better

all the seekers died before most agrons reach the team because they are fast

at the start of easy company the best start is pure zombies but sometimes there are ghouls or stalkers

but if there were enough ghouls and stalkers to equal the experience of the zombies it would take a lot more ammo

ammo should not run out if there is a recon
  9. stanK

stanK Member

Submitted a patch that adds a transmission from Lt. Sheng when seeker wave spawns. That should give the whole sequence more polish.

Also -- increased seeker xp to 9 from 7. This change will not bring them on par with infested rines 11, but it will make it more fair for this part. Besides sec this should affect surv seeker wave slightly, but since there are few seekers in NOTD in general, change will not be noticeable outside sec.
  10. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.
  11. stanK

stanK Member

Well, the change isn't designed to change much, just polish existing things.

I'm out of ideas how we can improve things, aside from actually making significant changes like you mentioned in first post.
    Can anyone on this community actually not be a "don't change anything" guy and suggest how seeker mess can be improved?
  12. squish

squish Well-Known Member

That's a change I can agree with, Stank. Is the transmission over his head, or on the UI in the message pane?

I'd make the actual line something like this in the message box:

Lt Sheng: Motion Trackers around Apollo are picking up lots of fast moving ground entities. I recommend we get some high ground, and fast.
  13. stanK

stanK Member

Currently I added a transmission from Sheng: "Motion sensors lit up like a Christmas tree, brace for a fast attack!"

It's open for edits, so if we can add something that fits the universe better, pls write.
  14. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

Is this gonna be that yellow text that no one ever read?
  15. stanK

stanK Member

Its gonna have a portrait of sheng on left side too!