Save the Hero's level

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by hdlll, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdlll

hdlll New Member

问题
    英雄的天赋树解锁太困难,每个英雄有10个天赋可以选择,但是需要投入4点和8点去解锁。当我选择其中一个天赋树时,天赋就没有变化了。
    英雄的技能点太少,解锁终极技能最少需要9级,这时候你有5个技能但有一些是被动。12级差不多是英雄能达到的最高级别。这意味着我大部分时候只有5个技能可以使用,或者更少。9级也是很难达到的级别,每次游戏都需要重复这个过程。太无聊了。

建议
    能否保存英雄的等级,在下一次游戏的时候。这样玩家的英雄就更厉害了。当然,死亡之后等级会还原。

Problem
    The hero tree unlocked too difficult, each hero has 10 talent can choose, but requires 4 points and 8 points to unlock. When I select one tree, the gift is not changed.
    Hero skill points too little, unlock ultimate skill requires a minimum of 9 stage, this time you have 5 skills, but some of it is passive. Level 12 is almost a hero can reach the highest level. This means I spend most of my time only 5 skills can be used, or less. 9 is also very difficult to achieve the rank, each game will need to repeat the process. It's too silly.

Suggestion
    Can save the hero's level, in the next game when. This game player hero will be worse. Of course, after the death of level reduction.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I think that would cause considerable imbalance because the game is balanced around the player characters being low level at the start and high level at the end.

It is intended that you cannot max out both trees so that every class tree has its own role and you have to choose one or the other. It makes the game more interesting than everyone starting with every skill and promotes variety in builds and choice - particularly making choices of skills matter for game progression. This means you will find some parts easier and others more difficult based on your choices and that of your team.
  3. hdlll

hdlll New Member

one or the other,has Three?

The more skills you have more play, but you also dead.Live rely on the help of teammates, always.

It will let game to easy, but acceptable. And you can increased difficulty in other places, this is the balance!
    Do you think you can have more choices? When you have only two skills can be used, and teammates stay together, ensuring DPS enough to destroy the enemy, as well as more games fun?
  4. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

You do not know what will happen if a class can have both trees at the start of the game, it will turn from team survival game into biggest OP turkey-shooting game ever. And unless zombies have 2k starting hp, no balances will help that.

Recon with Supply Station, Reaper, Cloak, and Refresher ? U MAD BRO

MM with OSOK, Mono, Stealth, Crit+Con and SS? U MAD BRO

Rifleman with both trees, you must be kidding.

Commando with both trees, now that's just silly.

The game has total of 12 classes, that 120 different skills, not counting innate skills some classes have.

I'd assume you are rather new, as anybody who would even ever touch recon will realize that having both trees RIGHT at the start of the game is simply not going to work.

2-Directional trees make you have to choose them to best adapt to team compositions, with enough skill one can even do Hybrid, Recon for example is a good hybrid class as every skills are useful and follow the same role, to support.

Any further suggestions can be posted on Suggestion thread, this thread is closed.
  5. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Demo or assa both trees "I DONT NEED MY TEAM!" :D
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

A Maxed Assault could handle the entirety of Easy Company without much effort, considering he would be able to tank literally anything the game threw at him while also dishing out ridiculous DPS. Easy Company can be soloed by an Arms Assault with relative ease, I can't even begin to imagine how easy it would become if he was functionally invulnerable while doing so.

This also goes for the Maxed Pathfinder, who gets incredibly high range and damage with his basic attack on top of extreme movespeed and a very powerful spell. A Maxed Engineer could deal massive DPS while being snugly protected by an army of Agrons (or worse).

I see the reason as to why you're making such a suggestion, but it will never happen. It's bad news and can upset balance way too easily.
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

To more technically correct, it DID happen in the past (people reaching both Tier 3's) and the result was... stupid to say the least (Dual T3' engineers were... OP doesn't even begin to cover it).
  8. Scorpione

BRING BACK DT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

It didnt take double talents for engineers to hit dual t3s everygame. All it took was an engineer with half a brain for strategy and towers that killed
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

What happened was a Valentine's Day feature.

Why?
  11. Scorpione

"Why, people always ask why, but they always fail to ask WHY NOT?!"
    Because it was exciting! "OMG DT I can get level 9 at level 7 even doe I have a team full of selfish whoring pros that just wanna level before others!"
    Asking why to that question is like me saying "bring back shiva" and you asked "why" you just don't do that sir! The reasons are obvious. MOAR EXPLOSIONS!
  12. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

That won't really be 'moar' explosions, it will be one. And in the wrong hands it will also mean game over.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I ask to see your "why" because I've already thought of "why not". As it turns out, your "why" kinda sucks. DTs will be staying gone.

Also, the SHIVA was removed because A: balance issues and B: lack of space on the command card. I have since provided a fix for this by moving the actual SHIVA attack to a summonable drone. The SHIVA will be coming back eventually, along with the Gravity Gun.
  14. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Why not? Because it was crazy overpowered especially when a person gets 3-4 dts within a game. Yes, it was fun, I admit that, but it wasn't really right.

Anyway, we should get back on-topic, although the original suggestion has already been heavily opposed with lots of reasons.
  15. Scorpione

PF is overpowered how comes that isnt nerfed since forever? Actually lately it was granted even more range.... 18 range with mods with a p45.... the most imba weapon. Psh talking about ballance taking the fun out but leave the super imba boring stuff in -.-
  16. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Requesting that someone closes this thread / archives it.

It is pretty much done, and anything else is likely to be off-topic discussion.
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thread closed
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Actually, you're the first to mention that the Gunslinger tree is overpowered. Most usually bitch about Rocketeer. That said, PM me with your grievances concerning the class or start a thread about it in Class Suggestions.

Done.

Edit: beaten by the bossman
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.