Unimplemented Rifleman 2.5

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kith, May 22, 2015.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Welcome to the Nu-Rifleman. I'm rewriting the thread completely because the original is an absolute nightmare of formatting - since establishing an actual system of how to write these things, it's better for everyone to completely rewrite all of it. For those curious, we'll be focusing on cleaning up the Tier 1 classes once we hit Beta (aka having at least 20 missions and the credit store running) and then move on to Tier 2 so it's going to be a little while before this goes live, but it'll happen in due time.

Additionally, we're going to have to redo ability cooldowns and durations based on Legacy of the Void's game speed/timescale changes, so I'm going to be factoring those in ahead of time.

So, the Rifleman's problems:
    • Focus Fire's energy drain is way too high. It's not worth its cost in its default form, and the energy drain severely limits the amount of casting a Rifleman can do regardless of what tree they go.
    • Combat is boring and doesn't have enough grenades. I tried to make some room for a caster-heavy Rifleman with Grenadier, but Frags being Tier 2 and also rely on Crit and Focus Fire for the majority of their damage, well... I didn't succeed. Also, non-Grenadier Riflemen don't have enough to do beyond shoot and reload on time, and that stinks.
    • Survival doesn't have enough nice things, except when it does. Precision Shot, Self Aid, and Repulse are barely useful while Crippling Fire, Sonic Traps, and K-9 are overstronk.
    • The Rifleman in general has an identity crisis. Bloodlust is an old holdover from NOTD and the quote from Generation Kill is fun, but the Rifleman is supposed to be professional and full of duty and yadda yadda.
    Overall, the Rifleman is not as fun as intended and not good enough at being versatile. The goal of this update is to:
    1. Fix the Rifleman up with better abilities for more engaging gameplay
    2. Allow a player's skill to have a greater influence on the Rifleman's impact by providing more opportunities for the Rifleman to fulfill multiple roles
    3. Dial back powerful skills so players have a more difficult time deciding what to use
    4. Improve non-gameplay details such as skill names, tooltips, and flavor text

INNATES
    Ability Name: Focus Fire
    Ability Button Description:
    (Toggle ON)
    Increases Weapon Damage by 20% and reduces Attack Speed by 20% while active.

(Toggle OFF)
    Disable Focus Fire, returning to normal attack values.
    Ability Cost: None
    Ability Cooldown: 4 Seconds (from being turned off)
    Ability Filters: Self
    Effect:
    Increases Weapon Damage by 20% and reduces Attack Speed by 20%. Note that this is weapon damage only - this will not improve any of the skills the Rifleman has.
    Visuals:
    Nick's LaserSight.m3 on the Rifleman's weapon. Default Team Color of Green. Color changes to Red when Accurate Fire is learned, Blue when Suppressive Fire is learned, and Purple for when both are learned.
    Transient: Yes
    Hotkey: F

Ability Name: Self Aid
    Restores 25 hitpoints instantly.
    Ability Cost: 10 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 10 Seconds (on cast)
    Effect:
    Restores 25 hitpoints instantly.
    Visuals:
    MedicHeal.m3 on the Rifleman's torso/center.
    Hotkey: V

COMBAT
    Now with a greater focus on grenades. Mostly the same, just a bunch of Quality of Life changes that makes grenade play more viable and makes DPS more reliable. Critical Strike is cute, but I've decided that I want the Assault to have a monopoly on it as a way of balancing the Assault's use of various weapons in a unique way.

TIER 1
    Ability Name:
    Accurate Fire [Rework: Fire Up]
    Ability Description:

Improves Focus Fire's offensive abilities.

Level 1: Increases Focus Fire's damage bonus by 20%.
    Level 2: Focus Fire also grants +2 Range.
    Level 3: Focus Fire increases Attack Speed by 20% instead of lowering it.

“My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...”
    Effect:
    See Description. The bonus Weapon Range does not apply to melee weapons or fixed-distance weapons such as the Flamethrower.

Ability Name: Frag Grenade [Rework: Fragmentation Grenade]
    Ability Description:

Deals damage in an area, dealing more damage the closer to the center.

Level 1: Deals up to 200 damage in a 3.0 radius.
    Level 2: Increased explosion radius.
    Level 3: Ability holds up to three charges.

“Bullets are messages sent to an individual. Grenades are for "whom it may concern".”
    Level 1: Throw a grenade that deals up to 200 damage to enemies in a 3.0 radius.
    Level 2+: Throw a grenade that deals up to 200 damage to enemies in a 4.0 radius.
    Ability Cost: 20 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 10 Seconds
    Ability Filters: Ground, Air
    Ability Range: 10
    Effect:
    Throws a projectile that deals 200 damage in a 1.5 radius and 100 damage in a 3.0 radius. Damage effects do not stack. Level 2 increases the effect radiuses to 2.0 and 4.0, respectively. Level 3 upgrades the ability to retain charges, with the use cooldown of the ability being 1 second and the charge generation rate being 10 seconds. Level 3's charge upgrade carries over to the HE Grenade upgrade.
    Visuals:
    Uses the throwing animation. UltraSonicMissile.m3 for the projectile, WidowMineImpact.m3 for the impact. Projectile should rotate in a manner similar to the Brewmaster's Drunken Haze missile.
    Transient: No
    Hotkey: E

TIER 2
    Ability Name:
    Weapon Proficiency [Rework]
    Ability Description:

Provides additional bonuses to Focus Fire.

Level 1: Focus Fire increases Reload Speed by 20%.
    Level 2: Focus Fire's combat bonuses are increased by half.

“My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...”
    Effect:
    Level 1 does what it says on the tin. Level 2, however, is a little weird - it takes the bonuses granted by Focus Fire and increases the bonuses themselves by 50% (which includes the Reload Speed bonus granted by Level 1 of Weapon Proficiency, increasing the total Reload Speed bonus to 30%). Here's a handy rundown of what you get from Weapon Proficiency based on Accurate Fire's levels:
    Level 1: +20% Weapon Damage
    Level 2: +20% Weapon Damage, +1 Range
    Level 3: +20% Weapon Damage, +1 Range, +10% Attack Speed
    Assuming AF is at Level 3 and WP is at Level 2, the total bonuses should hash out to:
    +60% Weapon Damage, +3 Range, +30% Attack Speed, and +30% Reload Speed.

Ability Name: Sticky Bomb [New]
    Ability Description:
    Anti-armor grenades that deal a large amount of damage over time.

Level 1: Deals 400 damage +200 vs Armored over 8 seconds.
    Level 2: Damage is dealt over 4 seconds and bonus damage added to base damage.

“Thermite burns at over 4,000 degrees, sufficient to turn any armor into slag in seconds.”
    Level 1: Throw a grenade that deals 400 damage, +200 vs Armored to a single target over 8 seconds.
    Level 2: Throw a grenade that deals 600 damage to a single target over 4 seconds.
    Ability Cost: 25 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 16 Seconds (on cast)
    Effect:
    See Button Description.
    Visuals:
    Uses the throwing animation. MagneticMineMissile.m3 for the projectile, ColossusBeamImpact.m3 for damage effect. Similar to Frag Grenade, projectile should rotate similar to the Brewmaster's Drunken Haze missile.
    Hotkey: W

TIER 3
    Ability Name:
    This Is My Rifle [Rework: Bloodlust]
    Ability Description:

Increases combat abilities. Duration can be extended by killing enemies.

Level 1: Increases Weapon Damage and Attack Speed by 50% for 10 seconds. Killing an enemy adds 1 second to the ability's duration.

“My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...”
    Increase Weapon Damage and Attack Speed by 50% for 10 seconds. Killing an enemy adds 1 second to the ability's duration.
    Ability Cost: 40 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 10 Seconds (begins when the ability ends)
    Effect:
    See Button Description.
    Visuals:
    While TIMR is active, WildMutationBuff.m3 attached to the Rifleman's torso/center. For each kill made while TIMR is active, FrenzyMissileImpact.m3 on units killed (should attach to center or equivalent).
    Hotkey: G

Ability Name: Grenadier [Rework]
    Ability Description:

Equip a modular grenade launcher, increasing the range and damage of grenade abilities.

Level 1: Combat Grenade abilities are upgraded and Canister Shot becomes available.

“You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.”
    Effect:
    • Upgrades Frag Grenade into HE Grenade, which has better range, damage, and area of effect.
    • Upgrades Sticky Bomb into AT Grenade, which has better range, damage, and instant damage rather than damage over time.
    • Provides the Canister Shot ability, a cone attack.
    Show Spoiler
    Ability Name: HE Grenade [Rework: Fragmentation Grenade (Grenadier)]
    Level 1: Launch a grenade that deals 300 damage in a 3.0 radius.
    Level 2+: Launch a grenade that deals 300 damage in a 4.0 radius.
    Ability Cooldown: 10 Seconds (on cast)
    Ability Range: 20
    Effect:
    Deals 300 damage in a 3.0/4.0 radius. Radius is dependent on Frag Grenade being Level 1 or 2. If Frag Grenade is Level 3, HE Grenade also has a 3 charge maximum, but HE Grenades are launched instead of thrown, the ability only has a 0.1 second use cooldown.
    Visuals:
    Uses the weapon firing animation.
    Launch: WarHoundHaywireMissileLaunch.m3
    Projectile: ArcadeVikingMissile.m3
    Impact: TerranLargeUnitDeath.m3
    Hotkey: E

Ability Name: AT Grenade [Rework: Impaler Grenade (Grenadier)]

Level 1: Launch a grenade that deals 500 damage, +300 vs Armored to a single target.
    Level 2: Launch a grenade that deals 800 damage to a single target.
    Ability Cost: 25 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 16 Seconds (on cast)
    Ability Range: 20
    Effect:
    See Button Description.
    Visuals:
    Projectile: ArcadeVikingMissileHoming.m3
    Impact: TerranSmallUnitDeath.m3
    Hotkey: W

Ability Name: Canister Shot [New]
    Fire a canister shot that deals up to 800 damage in a cone.
    Ability Cost: 15 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 8 Seconds (on cast)
    Ability Range: 5 range, 70° cone.
    Effect:
    Deals 800 damage at range 2.
    Deals 600 damage at range 3.
    Deals 400 damage at range 4.
    Deals 200 damage at range 5.
    Visuals:
    Places 8 SnipeImpact.m3 randomly throughout the area of effect.
    WraithLaserMissileImpact.m3 on damaged units.

SECURITY
    "Survival" is the Rifleman that has changed the most, featuring several new skills and serious re-balancing of the old ones. Ideally, these changes will create not only a Rifleman that's more fun to play, but also one that's more capable of supporting their team directly. Many of Security's skills have been inspired by Military Police and other Guard Duty roles.

TIER 1
    Ability Name: Suppressive Fire [Rework: Crippling Fire]
    Ability Description:

Focus Fire slows damaged enemies while active.

Level 1: Reduces enemy Movement Speed by 20% for 0.25 seconds.
    Level 2: Slow duration increased to 1 second.
    Level 3: Also reduces enemy Attack Speed by 20%.

“Incapacitating your enemy means you can interrogate him later.”
    Effect:
    Enemies damaged by the Rifleman's weapon while Focus Fire is active have their Movement Speed reduced by 20% for 0.25 seconds. At Level 2, the duration increases to 1 second and at Level 3 the enemy's Attack Speed is also reduced by 20% in addition to the Movement Speed reduction.

Ability Name: First Aid [Rework: Self Aid]
    Ability Description:

Improves the Rifleman's Self Aid ability.

Level 1: Self Aid restores an additional 75 hitpoints over 3 seconds.
    Level 2: Self Aid also removes 1 Venom stack.
    Level 3: Self Aid also removes 1 Open Wound stack.

“First to aid, last to die.”
    Effect:
    Upgrades the Self Aid ability with the listed effects. Tints the Self Aid visual effect to 0/255/255 (aka 0 Red tint).

TIER 2
    Ability Name:
    Stun Grenade [New]
    Ability Description:
    Disables enemies in the target area.

Level 1: Stuns enemies in a 3.0 radius for 2 seconds.
    Level 2: Enemies are slowed for 40% for 4 seconds afterwards.

“Flashbangs are real crowd pleasers, let me tell you.”
    Throw a grenade that stuns enemies in a 3.0 radius for 2 seconds. /Stunned enemies have their Movement and Attack Speed lowered by 40% for 4 seconds after the stun.
    Ability Cooldown: 12 Seconds (on cast)
    Effect:
    See Button Description.
    Visuals:
    Uses the throwing animation.
    Projectile: EMPMissile.m3
    Impact: WarHoundRailGunMissileImpact.m3 and DisplacementFieldImpact.m3
    Similar to Frag Grenade and Sticky Bomb, projectile should rotate in a manner similar to the Brewmaster's Drunken Haze missile.
    Hotkey: Q

Ability Name: Buddy System [New]
    Ability Description:
    Link up with another player, providing both the Rifleman and the target with bonuses while linked.

Level 1: Increases Movement Speed by 20% and shares vision.
    Level 2: Linked units share Self Aid healing and invisibility effects.

“Always look out for your battle buddy. Keep them alive and they'll keep you alive.”
    (Activate)
    Link up with the target unit, increasing Movement Speed of the Rifleman and the target by 20%.

Buddy System has a leash range of 8.
    (Deactivate)
    Break the link between the Rifleman and the target.
    Ability Cost: 40
    Ability Cooldown: 30 Seconds (on effect end)
    Ability Filters: Heroic, Not Self
    Ability Range: 2.5
    Effect:
    See Button Description.
    Level 2 adds the following:
    If the Rifleman uses Self Aid while Buddy System is active, the target also comes under the effects of Self Aid.
    If the target is invisible, the Rifleman comes under the effect of the Buddy Cloak. Buddy Cloak is an invisibility effect that lasts as long as the target is invisible and has no action restrictions (which means that the Rifleman may attack and cast abilities freely).
    Visuals:
    DominationBeam.m3 from the Rifleman to the targeted unit. Visual disappears when effect ends.
    Hotkey: H

TIER 3
    Ability Name:
    Sonic Trap [Rework: Sonic Trap]
    Ability Description:

A proximity device that knocks back enemy units when activated.

Level 1: Enemies passing within a 3 radius cause all enemies within a 6 radius to be knocked back and stunned for 2 seconds. Massive enemies are slowed by 50% instead of stunned.

“It's like a polite mine; it just knocks you on your rear instead of killing you when you get too close.”
    Place a Sonic Trap at the target location. Sonic Traps activate when an enemy passes within a 3 radius, knocking back all enemies within a 6 radius and stunning them for 2 seconds. Massive enemies are slowed by 50% instead of stunned. Sonic Traps have 8 charges and only 1 may be active at a time.
    Ability Cost: 50 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 60 Seconds (on cast)
    Ability Range: 2.5
    Effect:
    See Button Description. Units are knocked back a distance of 4. If a new Sonic Trap is built while the original is active, the original is destroyed.
    Visuals:
    Unchanged from the current Sonic Trap.

Ability Name: K-9 Unit [Rework]
    Ability Description:

The K-9 Unit has a 2-slot inventory and a gun that can provide supporting fire.

Level 1: The K-9 Unit can be used to aid in defense and scouting.

“Man’s best friend isn’t a dog anymore. It’s a dog shaped robot buddy.”
    Deploy a K-9 Unit robotic companion.
    Ability Cost: 50 Energy
    Ability Cooldown: 120 Seconds (on cast)
    Effect:
    Creates a K-9 Unit at the Rifleman's location and automatically adds it to the player's selection group.
    The K-9 Unit is unchanged from its original implementation except for the following:
    • In terms of stats, Health has been increased to 150 and its Shields removed. It's Mechanical and therefore immune to ailments, so the Shields were a bit redundant.
    • The Titanium Claw weapon has seen a significant increase in damage reduced by armor, from 0.5 to 3.
    • The original Support Turret ability has been removed and is being replaced by Precision Shot.
    • The Backpack passive button has been removed as there is no longer a way to disable it and the two inventory slots present when the unit is selected will provide enough of an indicator that it can handle items.
    • Hotkeys for Jump, Sprint, and Hold Fire have been altered to reflect the defaults for classes.
    A full stat rundown is still included in the Spoiler tags below because the original thread is kind of a nightmare to read.
    Show Spoiler
    Names: Dogmeat, Barkspawn, Mahalo, Rex, Bandit, Rush, Blade Wolf, Rusty
    Unit Soundset: Raven
    Unit Type: Mechanical, Light
    Health: 150
    Health Regeneration: 0.45
    Armor: 2
    Sight Range: 10
    Detection Range: 10
    Movespeed: 2.5
    Weight Class: Light
    Backpack Size: 2, no item type restrictions
    Threat Rating: Equal to normal class's

Attack: Titanium Claw
    Damage: 25 + 25 vs Light
    Armor Reduction: 3
    Attack Speed: 0.4
    Range: 1

Ability Name: Precision Shot
    Deal 50 damage to the target unit and lower its Movement Speed by 25% for 2.5 seconds.
    Ability Cooldown: 15 Charge Maximum, 0.25 Second Use Cooldown, 1.5 Second Charge Generation
    Ability Filters: Air, Ground
    Ability Range: 15
    Effect:
    See Button Description. Turret on the K-9's back is always in the "deployed" mode and turns to face the target unit before firing.
    Hotkey: T

Ability Name: Mechanical
    Mechanical units are immune to ailments, but can be hacked. Hacking can result in canceled orders, freezing, and possible hijacking of the unit.
    Effect:
    A passive button explaining the ins and outs of a Mechanical unit.

Ability Name: Low Profile
    The K-9 Unit’s low profile makes it difficult to hit with gunfire, providing 50% evasion against ranged attacks.
    Effect:
    See Button Description.

Ability Name: Sprint
    Increases movement speed by 40% for 6 seconds.
    Ability Cooldown: 12 Seconds
    Effect:
    See Button Description.
    Hotkey: Z

Ability Name: Jump
    Jump to the target location. Jumping can be used to descend terrain levels, but not ascend them. Jumping from high cliffs can cause damage.
    Effect:
    Uses the Heavy version of the Jump ability.
    Hotkey: C

Ability Name: Hold Fire/Weapons Free
    (Hold Fire)
    Prevents the unit from automatically acquiring nearby enemies to attack.

(Weapons Free)
    Allows the unit to attack nearby enemies automatically.
    Effect:
    See Button Description.
    Hotkey: X
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Does This Is My Rifle add duration for things killed with weapon splash? Is there a cap on this?
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yes.
    No.
  4. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

When using focus fire and This Is My Rifle, are they both taken % from base states of will they stack? e.g. This Is My Rifle attack speed would only be 30% when ff is on, while dps goes up to 70% ?

HMG with 70% dmg and 30% attack speed. The ms movement penalty means nothing while locked in 1 spot, you could disable ff as you try to stand back up. The go to build to kill bosses =).
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

If Focus Fire and This Is My Rifle are active at the same time, the total attack speed bonus would be 30% because -20 + 50 = 30. Weapons Proficiency Level 1 will essentially remove the Attack Speed penalty of Focus Fire.

Yep. HMG is much better in the hands of the Assault, though.
  6. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

yea thats what i said lol? 30% attack speed why the simple maths?. If Weapons Proficiency Level 1 removes the debuff on ff then your looking at a total of 70% attack speed and 70% damage and your saying assault will have better =/. Sounds a little op to me, but we shall see how it plays out.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Simple math to make sure the other folks with the same question understand. That said, yeah - Assault can roll out larger bonuses for damage and attack speed because the Assault is entirely designed around being the stereotypical heavy gunner who trades mobility for strength. The Rifleman has a much higher degree of mobility and grenades that are pretty damn powerful.

And of course, that's assuming you find an HMG in the first place.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Focus Fire is too strong in this iteration - especially for Combat Tree. The only time I may leave it off is when I'm using a slow firing weapon (e.g. Sniper Rifle) at the early stages of the game when I still don't have talent points invested. Beyond Level 3, the +65% damage/+3 range is too high to ignore and definitely worth the price of -20% attack speed/-10% move speed. The range increase boost will have a disproportionate benefit to short range weapons like Flamethrowers and Shotguns. Once I get Weapons Proficiency, turning off Focus Fire is a non-option. Net, in the current version, I would almost always leave Focus Fire on, even when on-the-move because the benefits are too high to ignore.

Perhaps consider increasing the movement speed penalty based on Marine Level (e.g. +3% move speed penalty per level). This may at least partially offset the huge benefits that Focus Fire will gain as the Rifleman levels, and make non-Focus Fire a possible option when teams are on the move throughout the game.

The rest of the skills are good, and I appreciate that you've put in a lot of thought to the flavour text. It adds a lot of polish and character to the game.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I disagree heavily. Compared to the Assault's Critical Strike ability, Accurate Fire grants the same amount of bonus DPS per level and Critical Strike is entirely passive.

The Flamethrower in NOTD 2 is excluded from Weapon Range upgrades unless they are specifically stated to effect it (like the Pyro Flamethrower's abilities). Shotguns on the other hand lose damage over range (but gain splash), so whether or not the increased range is a true benefit is up to the player's needs at the time of firing the weapon - maximizing a weapons efficiency will still require careful positioning.

I also disagree with this. The entire point of having its cost changed from Energy to Movement Speed was so players would not turn it on and leave it on while kiting or during general movement. Enemies in NOTD 2 are almost a constant presence and the Enemy AI leaves the players alone roughly 80% of the time if they don't attack - stutter stepping will only serve to provoke them.

Focus Fire's bonuses aren't as huge as you think. Let's assume the player has Level 3 Accurate Fire and Level 2 Weapons Proficiency with 1 point in Frag Grenade - a pure Weapons DPS build at level 6. The bonuses we're looking at are:
    65% bonus Weapon Damage
    20% bonus Attack speed
    40% bonus Reload Speed
    3 bonus range (for bullet type weapons)
    DPS bonus total: 85% and some change due to the Reload Speed. Extra range is nice, but will rarely come into play unless the player is using a Pistol or SMG.

Compared to the Assault, who has:
    45% Critical Strike (Passive)
    50% bonus Attack Speed (from Concentrated Fire)
    20% Critical Strike (from Advanced Targeting)
    40% bonus Weapon Damage
    DPS bonus total: 155% and some change due to the Assault's innately larger Magazine Size. This is assuming you're going for raw ammo efficiency - if your goal is the biggest DPS on the block, you're looking at a 15% bonus from Passive Critical Strike and a 150% bonus from Concentrated Fire, which rolls our total DPS bonus to 225% and some change.

There are other factors to consider such as Critical Strike's variable effectiveness with weapons and Energy Costs and the impact Grenades will have and so on and so forth but the moral of the story is that, compared to a dedicated damage dealer, the Rifleman's bonuses are not as big as they seem at first.

Hooray!
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

For Sticky Bomb, is it the 600 / 800 over 10 / 8s or 1000 / 1200 over 10 / 8s? The Ability Description and Ability Button Description differ over the value there, but I'm assuming it is the former.

What?
    Unless the Assault Updates thing, and the Assault sheet is outdated, Assault only has up to 30% Passive Critical Strike. 15% that he can get comes from while Concentrated Fire is active, 20% comes from Advanced Targeting, and 25% comes from Lockdown for a total maximum of 90%.
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Max, read your points. It's not so much about comparing Rifleman vs. Assault. It's just talking about an active ability that will likely be turned on 80% or more of the time. We'll have to agree to disagree on Focused Fire for now. Let's try it out on Beta and see how it works.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

It's the former, my apologies.

Assault thread is outdated on that. In the game, the passive provides 45%. The first four classes' threads are awful and a pain to update, so unfortunately I've been very lax in doing so.

Alright.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Changelog:
    • Tooltip revisions.
    • Energy cost adjustments.
    • Transience clarifications.
    • In light of the Psi Ops getting Blind and the Recon's Smoke Grenade granting Evasion, Stun Grenade's secondary effect has been changed to a Movement and Attack Speed reduction rather than a blind.
  14. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Do all of the grenades share a cooldown for Grenadier?

In regards to Buddy System, what happens if the Rifleman links up with a Recon who is cloaked and under the effect of Double Time? Does the Cloak & Double Time constantly become dispelled and re-applied if the Rifleman constantly shoots?
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

No, that "feature" has been removed.

The specifics have not been ironed out, but Buddy System's buff sharing is not likely to be a 1:1 conversion. Either way, yes - a Rifleman under the effects of Buddy System will be able to attack without losing the positive effects of whatever buffs they may have from Buddy System.
  16. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

So Stun nade works as so: It is shot, it stuns the targets for 2 seconds, then for the next 4 seconds they are debuffed?

Does the Rifleman have self-aid as an innate? Or is there a mistake when it says "improves". Or is there something entirely that I am missing?
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Correct.

The Rifleman's Innate abilities are Focus Fire and Self Aid.
  18. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

i am derp becuz reed

Does Buddy System also grant the Rifleman passive innates of other classes? Such as Marksman's global detection? Or are passive innates in the exclusion zone?
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

No worries, I don't mind answering questions. :)

It'll be a case-by-case basis. In the Marksman's case, no.
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Changelog:
    • The Rifleman's Focus Fire "cost" of 10% Movement Speed reduction has been removed and is now "free" aside from the Attack Speed penalties it imposes while active. It was decided that messing with reload timing was cost enough for the bonuses it conferred.