rifle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aceace, Feb 12, 2013.

1. aceace

aceace New Member

Is it just me or is the new combat rifle now seem to be starved of energy? they are now forced to use focus fire to get the att bonus. thou i do like some of the change, iv found it difficult or even imposable to spam bloodlust and focus fire while have enough eregy to even throw a nade. This is gonna make for rifles ninjaing arc reacter in order to keep energy and making classed that need it go without. having said that, exp players are prob gonna keep items insted of giving, makeing ppl in pub not knowing what classes should have what items, thus making ppl learning in pub learn incorrectly when they join other games in channel even more of a -nm than it already is, LOL. just saying cause iv seen it, and sorry just ranting.
  2. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

Yes its more energy intensive but he also replenishes his stores pretty damn quickly in downtime. In the old days combat could spam skills all day long and never run out of energy but i think that was more of a problem then this is. The game is currently spoiled with energy and being able to spam everything all the time. Leaving absolutely no skill left in saving energy for the right time. I would counter suggest a complete rework of all energy raising costs or lowering regens but only a few of the oldest players who want more challenge would ever support that. Plus there are a million other things currently on the docket so w/e.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

There is a thread that detailed the discussion about Rifleman rework. Personally, I didnt pay attention much to that thread and that is only because I don't play the rifleman very often. I seldom use that class as its always taken.

Thread discussing rifleman rework below. Hope this helps.
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... hp?tid=493
  4. aceace

aceace New Member

not saying they dont have insaine regen as they do but as a combat rifle when you are in the intense heat of battle the passive att bounse was huge dps for him, now you got to spam bl along with ff(if you choose to or like the attack speed bonus) and will not have any energy to throw a nade on a comrade that has 3 paras eating his face,due to the fest or argon he just killed, or better example ere 2 boss fight paras out of black holes. just saying it was passive before now requires energy along with everthing else if you want the the att speed, ol well guess i just need 3 fmj now, lol
  5. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

It's not that bad, crifle just plays more like assault/mando/smm with all actives to boost his dps. Now you actually have to save energy :p The tree I'm looking at is survival though, now that one requires intense energy micro. even ff-prec shot drains your energy pretty fast, and along with repulse/traps you'll probably be running on empty many times.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

[align=center]lern 2 conserv nrg[/align]

If it's a serious problem (see: multiple people complain to me about it) I'll push for the energy cost increase of Focus Fire to be removed. I highly doubt that's gonna happen though, so I'm going to issue a preemptive "deal with it".
  7. aceace

aceace New Member

or maybe ff duration could be uped to like 8 sec instead of 5? to be more like assault cds, or make the att passive. not trying to cause tormoral but just a thought. Would hate to not love my rifle! and what is a micro, im a clicker!! lolz
  8. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Or buy/find 2arcs.
  9. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Like what Kith said earlier, learn to conserve nrg, same goes to other classes as well.
  10. ComradeHX

ComradeHX Well-Known Member

Could just go 3/1 for tier 1 and only spam BL.
  11. ChocSix

ChocSix Member

I would believe it if the numerical superiority of Zombies, Seekers, Ghouls, Stalkers etc, weren't that much. People use their skill and ability to deal with an enormous amount of targets that even the UA420, M5, MP92 and the HMG work like you're using sandpaper to cut through a log. Further, they can spawn right beside or behind you while you're engaged with an infestor or in a boss fight.
  12. Mafilax

Mafilax New Member

its happen to all of us choc.. troll spawn.. rapid response will save u :)