Revamped Inventory System

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ArcanePariah, Feb 23, 2013.

1. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

2 things I noticed while playing a teaching pub today:

1) I clicked to equip a flamer, it instead dropped on the ground at my feet and I was left unarmed.

2) Picking up an ammo box while already holding a few mags does not auto load it into the ab anymore :( sadface
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

1) Shouldn't happen, please test again after patch

2) Known issue, is fixed in my current working build

Adding a few last minute requests then going to send patch to Ability today (adding button to block inventory transfers so people can't troll, and visual notification when item is received).
  3. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Okie dokies, will do sir.

Also, is it intended that you cannot see other teammates' current ammo by clicking on them the same way you would click on them to view their inventory? Because currently when I click on others, my own ammo remains regardless who I click on.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

No, but will probably get to in another patch, need to patch sometime soon, otherwise I'll be endlessly tweaking stuff and never get around to release it :p
  5. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

1. happens when you manage to double click it before it equips it. You use it twice equiping it then unequiping it (and if the inventory is full drop it)
  6. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

I feel like I definitely posted this before, but I can't find it, so here it is again:

Could you move the location of the tooltips/descriptions to be above the inventory so you can see what's there? Right now it covers up the the items.

EDIT (just remembered):
    Also could you make it so you can see the units inventory when you don't have an inventory of your own (ei: you're a pred or something). Making inventory unit specific, not previously open/not open specific would be nice.
  7. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

BUG ALERT !!

Picking up magazine while inventory have 2(or more) half/empty ammo box will be put into both ammo box. (aka. ammo duplication)
  8. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

This should be fixed in next patch, Abi should be uploading it soon
  9. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

You shouldn't post such bugs in public ;]
    Just to avoid mass abuse.
  10. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Eh... you rarely run out of ammo anyway >.>
    sometimes a nightmare game will troll you, but that's about it.
  11. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

That will probably chang, in any case, current patch does not have that issue.
  12. Nixak

Nixak Member

Could the floating class pic with the equipped items go into the bottom left hand corner next to the UI interface? Where it is right now just above the inventory above the UI it covers a big chunk of the playing screen.
  13. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

If you have a lower screen resolution, you won't see your inventory if he does that.
  14. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Unfortunately no, it comes back to the limitation that all inventory containers are left or right aligned, I can change where it thinks left and right side are, but I can not move them around freely.
  15. Nixak

Nixak Member

No worries. It was just a thought. Thank you AP for all the work you've been putting into the game.
  16. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Any particular reason why you switched which inventory was which? You made me re-assign a new hotkey for inventory 2 so I could open my equipped items...

Also, I'm not a fan of having the inventory on the opposite side of your command card. Things flow better when all your commands are in the same locations. Things are too spread out to be comfortable. Is there really no way to change the location that the tooltip shows up?

And using items still isn't as fluid as it used to be. It's better, but still not perfect and is pretty annoying when you try to do it on the fly.
  17. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

I switched them so the main would appear below the equipment.

As for the tooltip, no I have not discovered how to move it yet. Also, although the stuff is spread out, the right side of the screen was becoming rather cramped. We have the main command card, tooltip, and team UI over there already. Also, unless I'm terribly mistaken, nearly no one actually clicks on the command card, it is used primarily as a reference for cool-downs and available abilities, people mostly use hot keys.
  18. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Yeah, but you look down there for all your general information about your marine (mags, stuff in your inv, cd's).
  19. Vidmo

Vidmo Member

I've managed to pick up a He3 to new inventory without using it. Is it a bug or feature?:)
  20. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Bug, if you stand next to/under it, you still collect it like normal. You can also shoot it >.>