Revamped Inventory System

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ArcanePariah, Feb 23, 2013.

1. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

This might be fine for 100k.xp np survival games and whatnot. But, many of the games I play is pub, with clueless new guys that I have to spend the whole game explaining everything to. Don't force me to give them my ammobox (and probably never see it again) when I just want to give them a few clips of ammo. I'd rather just keep it. Which is discouraging people from helping new guys.
    Furthermore if you want to drop some clips for like 3 people at a time, instead of just being able to drop directly, you have to pass around an ammobox between 4 people? The previous inventory was much better in this regard.
  2. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

If you have ab at 15 and your ammo count is 40ish you can drop some n then just find more ammo to fill your ab.
  3. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

It's more a case of when you have about 9 in AB and 4-5 equipped...
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

DryEagle, I can understand that, however the behavior of dropping magazines to the floor directly was purely a hack fix until current inventory was revamped. The current behavior is how it worked/supposed to work. I could make it so doing X->C drops mags into inventory, but that kind of defeats the point of boxes. I'll see if I can create a toggle option that lets you choose how you want to drop it.
  5. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

I don't know the best way to do it, but here's how I'd do it:

everyone has an "extra" inventory slot which is hidden. If there is something in it, first check to see if it can stack elsewhere, otherwise, drop it on the ground.

This way you can pick up mags even when full and have them go into ammo boxes.
  6. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will solve your problem with the new inventory system. If you have extra inventory slot on your marine, xc three times will drop 3 magazines into your inventory, then all u have to do is drag those 3 onto the floor.

On a different note, fast clicking ammo while moving etc still wouldn't equip those.
    [hr]
    I've just tested version 2.10, item equip, ammo equip still have problems switching, if you click on item in inventory then move mouse up really fast. Someone else please confirm this.
  7. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

Perhaps the simplest (and most directly useful) way would be to have x-c work as it does now (into inventory/ab if available) and add a separate shortcut x-d to drop to ground? though i'm not sure if there's space in the x-menu for that, but probably should be possible. this way you can just do it quickly on the run without using the mouse to click toggles (which the new inventory system is moving away from, since theres no equip/drop toggle now)
    just trying to help ^^
  8. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Sounds like an excellent idea. I'll try to whip it up for next patch.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Would prefer not to have 2 buttons to drop magazines. Not a clean solution and adds additional complexity. Any other ideas?
  10. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

So much reading... just ignore it if what I say has already been said.

When you select a unit that doesn't have an inventory, the equip tab closes, which is annoying.

Confirming: Dead people cannot see living players inventory.

Using items on other players to give them is a nice feature, but SO MANY GPR'S... idk if this is a legitimate issue, but just through I'd throw it out there.
  11. DryEagle

DryEagle New Member

This all stems from there being no way to drop individual clips out of an ammobox - not a problem if you have a full AB since you can drop any additional clips then as they don't go into it; however if you only have half an AB's worth of ammo there's no way to drop some without dropping the AB. Which is the whole problem. Especially from the viewpoint of someone who wants to give a bit of ammo to a 10-xp guy in a pub game.
  12. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Well-Known Member

If possible can we have the left click drag and drop dissabled...causes slight issues when trying to rapidly use items
  13. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Make magazine icon clickable for dropping magazine from equipment to the ground. Each click drop 1 magazine. X-C still remain as usual to drop magazine into inventory.
  14. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

any way to make it so left click = use, right click = drop?

Also any way to make inventory transparent?
  15. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Seeing if I can disable the left click drag/drop.

As for transparent, will be in next patch.

Also for those having issues opening either inventory (Main bag or Equipment) I completely forgot an important thing. You can open and close them with hotkeys, right now they are bound to num pad 1 and 2 by default.
  16. starwarscards

starwarscards New Member

THIS ^^^^^ for sure this is my bigest problem with new Inventory "run run run quick click on medkit run run damn it the medkit did not work" <--- me all the time

the other is this: can u move the left Inventory just a hair over so it does not get blocked by chat?
  17. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

If possible: please make a toggle or command to lock your inventory so other people can't drop stuff into it. I played a very annoying nm alpha with a player who's now on my personal shitlist because, among other things, he kept giving everyone else extra m45s, gauss rifles, and empty abs. This is not just a pub game problem, it's an any sort of troll problem. Yes you can avoid these players, and yes I plan to avoid this particular one, but I feel a way to avoid this would be nice.
  18. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

fill your inventory with garbage that YOU want...
  19. LordFond

LordFond Well-Known Member

A warning for shared items between players would be nice. For example if a player gives you a medkit, the slot where it goes into might flash for 2/3 seconds. I have seen many people (including myself) that didn't notice the given items until they were warned by the givers. Just to say that.
  20. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

I believe this can be done, I'll take a look when I get home. If doable, will be a toggable option in the Marine Actions Menu. The danger being of course, if you have have it set to not receive items, and suddenly you need them, they will have to drop them and have you pick them up.

I think I can arrange that.