Reseted

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Banegengbeng, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banegengbeng

Banegengbeng New Member

Hi every one.
    So my problem is that today I was playing notd like every normal day, every thing was normal until I decide to play an alpha game with some players of the chanel, when the game starts, we couldnt do alpha because some one did not have the requirement (1k xp). I though some one was new and did not know that he needed 1k xp, then it showed my stats and I had 0 xp... Before that game I had 4100 xp and everything was normal. I DO NOT have a back up file, I was gonna make one before that game because asunayuuki told me how to do one (before he tells me I did not know how to do a back up file) but instead of that I went and played an alpha, then I got screwed. Please help me guys i do not want to start al over from 0xp.
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

It happens but very rarely, make sure you always have a backup bank file in case it happens.

The only way to not start from 0 exp is to find a backup copy of your file, any other ways (for example using someone else's bank file or modifying the exp and stats) will be considered cheating and can get you banned.
  3. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

If you don't have a backup, you have to start over. Sorry, but that's the way it is. I will help you out in pubs if I'm online when you are, on the condition that you don't use someone else's bank file.
  4. Banegengbeng

Banegengbeng New Member

But i dont get it, why is it considered cheating if i got reseted, i mean it is not like i cheat 31231 xp, atleast 3500xp? I mean people know i had 4100 xp, why cant i use some one's file?
  5. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

I don't think anyone actually has a 3.5k exp back up, so that's one issue :p
    and the community is extremely disapproving of it, ask Recon he knows
  6. Banegengbeng

Banegengbeng New Member

Is there any one in the forum that can create a file? or something like that?
  7. Lolurisk

Lolurisk Member

to save you the time, it is extremely unlikely anyone will give you a bank for a few reasons:
    a) if they do they can be banned
    b) if you do get one you will probably be banned
    cause this is considered cheating etc...
    on a side note, because everyone now knows you lost your bank and have no back-up, if you do get one (from someone or by modifying the file) it will be pretty damn obvious so just warning you :(
  8. David

David Well-Known Member

No. It might be possible to rollback your computer to when your bank was working. Or right click and choose "restore to previous version" and cross your fingers. Otherwise you have to restart. Players with much more than 4k have had to restart from scratch.
  9. Banegengbeng

Banegengbeng New Member

Il try to do a pc back up, like 1 day back, my mom knows how to but im not sure if it is posible, il try that tomorow. And thank you for answering
  10. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

No, we don't support cheating. If you don't have a backup of your bank, that's your own fault and you are going to have to start over.

However, is the actual notdbank5.SC2 file still in your bank folder? If it is, you might be able to recover it by left clicking then going Properties -> Previous Versions and then restoring it to a version before that Alpha game. Not 100% guaranteed and doesn't work if the file was already deleted for some reason.
  11. Banegengbeng

Banegengbeng New Member

Well I allready tried that, but there was no actual previous version.
  12. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Restoring system might do it. But it might not depending on settings.
    Also if that happens to fail there are 2 ways to solve the problem:
    Pubs, after 500xp nm ec, 1000xp ac nm and you'll be back over 4k xp quicker than you know it. A pub can give you around 50-80xp. 20 pubs then an ac vet will give around 150xp. An ac nm will give around 190xp.

Also if there's no one to pub with before you get 500 xp you can do recruit pub aone, its super easy.

Anyone can make a bankfile thing is no one should. Many lost it and were forced to grind it back up. You caught you pay consequences. Such are the rules. Many lost over 50k xp and couldn't get it back.
  13. Banegengbeng

Banegengbeng New Member

mehh I have to admit I am to blame for not doing a back up, but kinda sucks having to restart, for me having 4k xp was like omggg im godlike, lol it was cool, I think il play less notd due to the reset but il do my posible to get back my 4k xp :)
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

A lot of us have been there before. Trust me. And somehow we always seem to say "I don't think I'll keep playing..." like that. Or worse they think "Well I EARNED it anyway so I'll just hack a bank that had roughly what I had anyway and it's cool". The former tends to not pan out and often they come back just as hard as before to all our fun and enjoyment. The latter tends to get you kicked straight in the nut sack by our Wardens. So I wouldn't suggest it.
  15. Banegengbeng

Banegengbeng New Member

dont worry i wont hack, ive been baned once i wont get baned twice :p
  16. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

4k isnt that exciting. wait until u get 10k then u feel "OMG!!!!!" xD
  17. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

It's all exciting at the time. Remember the first time you were like "OMG! I'm at 500 XP! RECON! WHOOOO!"?
  18. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I thought 500 exp meant Marksman was unlocked and Recon was 100?

Don't worry Banegengbeng, all it takes is ~50 pub wins to get the exp back, even less games if you can get invites to nightmare.
  19. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

I think someone should whip this story out every time someone asks why we don't restore banks for people.

Read Extifer's post
  20. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Wait till u et 33k and both ur back up banks fail, then u will want to quit.
    Dont worry man before u know it u will have all ur 4k xp back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.