Removing Stranglers from recruit mode below SR of 1750...

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by squish, Dec 17, 2013.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I watched 4 pubs today fail because of stranglers hugging the tank. Needless to say one unit ending the game like THAT that many times... put off a lot of new players. As for the SR of 1750.. most pubs are below that threshold, and the ones that are above it are being whored by a lot of high rating players for either cp or karma, and as such should be challenged appropriately.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

What was the storyline?
  3. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Recruit implies ec. You can't get others to be recruit even with bank below 1500 rating if your xp is over 500 (wanted to have solo ec recruit as demo for easier testing, nope it just breaks and is forever 'pending' difficulty)

I seen stranglers during B dome, like 1 or 2 of them each time i pubbed last week. They never managed to hug anyone tho, died too fast.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I know recruit implies EC, but it's been forever since I played so maybe someone figured out how to get Recruit Alpha or something. I don't know, kids these days are crazy.

That said.

I'm all for removing Stranglers from the Dome B waves on Recruit. As a matter of fact, I'd like to remove them entirely, but I doubt that decision would fly.
  5. bunny

bunny Member

Stranglers usually aren't too bad because they tend to derp around a bunch before hugging. However, when they do it right they can be very nasty. I have seen people die to stranglers, but it was always preventable. In higher levels of play you should know to focus fire the stranglers. IMO, they don't need to be removed from the game but are not essential to the game in any way.

I have never had a problem with them in recruit simply because they tend to derp too much before deciding to grab someone. It does seem reasonable to remove them though.