Red Solstice - NotD PC game on IndieGoGo!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Syrus, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Syrus

Syrus Member

I've posted about our game before, it's roots are NotD from warcraft 3!
    To get fastest info, visit and support our campaign at:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/The-Red-Solstice?a=414560

Get the early access to beta, get the game, get some nice rewards!

[​IMG]

Backers on indiegogo have a discount to get the game at 15$!
    Support the best possible standalone PC zombie killing coop game, and help us make it even better!

It's been a long road so far, but we need that final push! :)

Syrus
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Syrus you old kogger, what is this your 3rd thread? Well we had a forum reset. Lemme just give you the usual.

Edit: For those unfamiliar, Syrus made the original NOTD on WCIII, and has been a huge influence on the WCIII modding community (and by extension NOTD) ever since. I also want to congratulate him for making the leap from humble mod to full fledged indie game.
  3. Syrus

Syrus Member

Thanks, much appreciated! ;)
  4. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Why not use kickstarter instead eh? I've seen games get some obscenely high funding on there.
  5. Syrus

Syrus Member

Only US citizens can do that, we're from Croatia, so .. well bad luck for us :(

Kickstarter would be.. awesome yea.
  6. Mirage
    • Donator

Ah, well good luck to ya :D

Curiosity what'd ya use, XNA or some other language/engine?
  7. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

Can't wait to play it, it seems really interesting, Donated 50$ . Good luck to get all your funding
  8. Syrus

Syrus Member

Thanks ppl, this campaign is based on ppl like you guys, to help us do next gen imba survival game :p

We wrote our own engine, from scratch(one of reasons why it took us 3.5 years). Engine will be free for everyone to use and it will be nice for easily creating games like that. Also we wrote it in C++. :)

It's a very hard process but our motivation is never down ;) Ability, and all the people in community and everyone who cared about notd is giving us proof it will never die. And there is so much to learn in design from all maps,and i love to study that design.
  9. Mirage
    • Donator

Oh? Free engine eh? Maybe I'll use it for a game I want to make sometime in the future :D

Additionally, when do you expect to release? Tempted to throw in my backing hat but not sure cause eh :p
  10. Syrus

Syrus Member

As soon as possible, atm. everything is pointed at July(but it's not definite), anyway it won't be long anymore, we're near ending, we just want to make it worthy and a whole load of neverending fun! :)
  11. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Good luck, Horva. I'm made a small contribution too.
  12. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

13. Syrus

Syrus Member

Thanks ppl! :)
  14. Syrus

Syrus Member

15. Mirage
    • Donator

Really sucks you can't do the the other site, seems better known but I have an idea on where to promote it if you'd like; full of gamers and all; and semi-full of torrent people ;p
  16. Syrus

Syrus Member

Everything will help! :)
    Every single person matters!
    Do what you can! ;)

Thanks!
  17. Syrus

Syrus Member

18. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Last 2 days left. Please continue giving any support you can to this independent team.
  19. Syrus

Syrus Member

Hey people, only 45 hours left!

If anyone wanna help, time is running out, now it's your chance! :)
    http://www.indiegogo.com/The-Red-Solstice?a=414560

Thank you all for your support so far, even if we do not meet our goal, thanks to everyone in this community who were helpful to help us achieve it. NotD ppl need to stick togheter! xD