Recruit Mode Nydus Mission

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Blaqk, May 10, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

^ Dis hurr
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

RE: Can we make it so that every single pub isn't recruit mode EC?

2 Worms, set locations, shorter timer?

We can reuse the existing worm locations, units, and the spawning triggers from the old Nydus Worm mineshaft mission. Or just use a toned down version of the standard Nydus worm spawns.
  3. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Ok. another thing we need to do, is get rid of the F12 tips. They aren't even read. I can't think of a single time where it's safe enough to actually stop what i'm doing (bunker 55 alive inside, anyone?) to read the damned things. They need to pop up at the side, one line at a time, every 5 seconds, until they stop getting logged in the F12 menu. Like. seriously.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Sans the slasher spawn "penalty" if they fail to destroy the worms in time, of course.
  5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

It should just be the Normal Mission Toned down, (1/2 the worms and spawns), though with a few Set Worm Spawn Patterns, so that there can be a few routes taken that allow players to hit all the worms and arrive at a defensible position.
  6. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

Believe this would be better. Devs are still fierce and do not OHOK. Slashers should stick to Chapter 3 as they are just too mean for recruits in chapter 1.

There should be a mixture of ground and air IMO. Also maybe this should have it own thread ????
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

"Sans" means "without".

For example, a "Serif" is the little danglies on fonts like Times New Roman. So a font titled "Sans Serif" doesn't have the little danglies.
  8. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

[​IMG]

Ugh...that one gets me all the time.

hmmm...As a penalty what if the ship doesn't arrive because the worms start to spit out mutas along with devs and other nasties? TActually I think this could be applicable on all modes.

*Edit* The mutas could disrupt the ship's landing sequence? (or try destroy the drop ship while it is above the landing zone?). In either event the marine may not have access to the goodies. This is assuming the pause in action when the drop ship arrives is removed.
  9. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

Typography...

...ohgod not this class again!

but yeah, its a good suggestion that actually gives preparation to players who enter a game to discover the worms for the first time out of surprise if no one informs them prior.

Now it will be "Oh that mission from recruit mode gets harder now!" instead of WTF where did that mission come from, after getting used to the progress and flow of EC recruit.

Along those lines, would chems be considered in a toned down form? Then again tho, I rarely see people do them anyway in organized games.
  10. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

That would actually work well for Recruit. The ammo from the dropship isn't really needed and it's a tangible penalty that doesn't creep up a cliff and facefuck you.

I like it.
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Might want to void to Baneling Pain Train trigger on Nydus Worms. It didn't tend to necessarily come up at the mineshaft but something like 20%-60% was spawning unlimited Banelings.

Or at the very least, you might want to tone down the spawn rates that the Nydus Worms had during their last appearance in Newbie Mode. Since a lot of heavy AoE Doom that would clear them out as they spawn isn't really guaranteed to be there, HMGs, Shotguns, SMGs, Nukes, Satchels, etc.
  12. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Master Marksman Oh Sock will 1hk those worms. Even moderately skilled Marksmen will have their t3 by post-Erebos.
  13. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Just set the stupid things to heroic.

There, I fixed it. Now osok just hurts them like hell. But an Opcomm can still nuke them, hell an Engineer can just ninja his bot there in shell mode, take it off shell, then kill them with Overdrive if he wanted to.
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Or the king of xp whores, Recon, can just waypoint his Reaper and let things happen.

I don't think you should set them to Heroic. Yeah, Oh Sock is more effective than nuke vs them, but you don't have to be the danger zone to Nuke them.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Unless you give the stupid things like 5k hp, theres a lot of really easy ways to kill them without having to get close.
  16. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Which is why OSOK should remain a 1hk on them. If you're resorting to sending your Assassin Marksman to kill the worms then the last thing you need is a greater obstacle.
  17. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

You could give them 500ish health and only take damage from weapons, not skills.
  18. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Quoth the Shooz:

Nevermore. Stay on topic!
  19. Sazier

Sazier New Member

This NEEDS! to happen.

The number one reason more players don't play NOTD is because Newbie mode can seem very cut and dry. Frankly Boring.

It's basically a vet saying go here do this, then go here and do this; it needs to be much more dynamic and possibly harder.
  20. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

It breaks the monotony that causes most players to abandon ship.