Recon Mass LD

Discussion in 'Archive' started by vexxenon, Sep 6, 2013.

?

Do you see it as something useful?

1. Yes

76.2%
  2. No

23.8%
  1. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Internet ≠ USA
    Freedom of speech on the forum exists as far as the moderators allow it. If you don't like where they draw the line, you can hop onto any number of other forums.
    That aside, I like mass LD, because it makes me happy in the bottom of my bowels. Just because things are simple and intuitive doesn't make them too easy.
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

com·plain
    kəmˈplān
    verb
    gerund or present participle: complaining
    1. 1.
      express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.
  3. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

No, that's not the challenge.

One of the best features in Starcraft II over Brood War is the removal of the need to tell a worker to mine as soon as it is created. It takes a mind numbingly simple action which doesn't require much skill, but requires a huge multitasking skill, which is kind of pointless. Heck, it's why we make machines to make our lives easier.

Mass designate is the same way, as it raises the skill floor and raises the skill ceiling, which is exactly what I believe makes a good change in a game. I can't fathom why anyone would ever be opposed to raising the skill floor, except if the overall difficulty did not match it.

I will say that mass designating a group of ~100 mutalisks essentially killed the entire team in an ec nm game which I was not too happy about (depleted energy, decloaked, killed me, proceeded to head to the team to kill them en mass), but once you learn how to use the skill more options is always better.

One feature I would like to see implemented is LD raising the target priority of the unit (perhaps only on zombies, since LD has a few friendly uses as well).
  4. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Such as if you LD parasite, it gets much higher priority so teammate's auto attack may prioritize it vs other zombies? Combine this with Mass LD, I think it's an awesome idea. In that case, I'd say those energy are well worth spending.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

IMO if you want close range support against Parasites your better option is Escape.

The "increased threat level" has been pitched for LD many times. The reason that it's not been implemented is because it reduces the overall micro requirement of the team. The concept of "focused fire" has been a NOTD standard for some time, and it requires a great deal of cohesion to pull off correctly - the difference between a good team and a pro team is often the team members knowing what to attack and when. Allowing the Recon to "take the wheel" for the entire team, so to speak, would be undermining that concept, and I don't like that very much.

That said; Shooz? You need to take a chill pill.

Although I would like to mention that the internet isn't a place for free speech, and this place definitely isn't a democracy. It's an oligarchy, period.

Not in this thread specifically, no. I was making reference to the community in general (including discussions held on Starcraft II itself).