Recon Mass LD

Discussion in 'Archive' started by vexxenon, Sep 6, 2013.

?

Do you see it as something useful?

1. Yes

76.2%
  2. No

23.8%
  1. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

I would like to hear what other people have to say after playing with Recons Mass LD.

In the past, Recon LD is for target identification, and you normally wouldn't LD low value targets. With the Recon's mass LD, I'm identifiying multiple targets in the area, and each uses the same energy (which can quickly drain recon's energy), the only time where I think this is remotely useful is for worms popping up with parasites to let ppl know venom stacks are coming unless you kill those quick.
  2. actually i agree with you LD was to highlight high priority targets and reduce their armor but in fact mass LD is seen only against mobs (which are not high priority or need armor debuff) maybe it can be useful in mass hulk and parasites
  3. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

I find it kewl for hulk waves in ac, but well i use ld for armor reduction not vision and i just spammed it on hulks in the past too.
    It is also good for when i'm solo hunting infestors that spawn banes, mass ld when they pop and i'm sure i will clean them all. Also noone can say they didn't see them around corner if they happen to escape.

Other than that, nazara when it clones, deimos/ellythia when they spawns eggs and are not directly next to you. Demeter slithers so they actually die instead of just drawing firepower away like sponges.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

There are several mob events in each chapter that I can think of off of the top of my head where I use it. It's not something that I always use, but it's nice to have in some bossfights too if you can spare the energy. For instance, Deimos, Eos, Eli, and Tart (when he's spawning Beastlings on NM) are good candidates for it because they all spawn either high amounts of enemies or really tough ones.
  5. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

I'm lazy, so I like mass ld for mass agrons, hulks, paras, banes, eggs, broodmothers, etc. But no, it shouldn't be in the game. Similar to restoration, it doesn't take ANY skill to use. With single LD, you had to visually sift through everything and find the stuff you needed to LD. You could argue that only pros can LD everything precisely (or your graphics are too bad to see everything clearly), but that's the challenge, right?
  6. ChocSix

ChocSix Member

I find the LMD's radius a tad too small for anything other than EC Recruit or Normal. Perhaps a 40~50% increase in radius is more helpful? Or as the levels go higher, so does the radius
  7. ChuckWing

ChuckWing Member

+1 what DLink said. Another skill that requires no skill to use.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

The skill is in the energy management and knowing when to use it.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

For all of the crap that people give me for "hating new players" and "making things too complicated", it's amusing to me that the skill added with the Recon Rework specifically for the purpose of making it somewhat easier for players to LD things is unpopular with mostly the same crowd that's concerned with me making things too difficult.
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I'm thinking its more of a matter of naming/concept than anything else.

Laser Designating tended to be for high priority targets.

The Mass-LD makes it into a generic AoE Armor Reducer skill, blurring the original idea of "Designating high priority targets," and focusing more on the idea of "Enemy Debuffer".

But its important to keep in mind that while the recon is the first new class to be unlocked, players will have a general idea of the game before hand rather than picking a starter class and being overwhelmed.
  11. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I would mention one thing, something that is very much ofter overlooked. Mass LD seems like it takes no skill to use, because experienced/long time players almost certainly have max Intelligence stat, which, combined with SS, pretty heavily distorts the energy usage requirements.
  12. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

Every ability that uses energy/cooldowns requires energy and/or cooldown management, and mass LD is no different. But outside of that, mass LD has very little to do in terms of "skill". Especially since a single-target version of it with a higher skill ceiling exists (using single target LD on mass amounts of targets in a very short time requires at least moderate apm, not to mention effective skill queuing and accurate clicking to not waste energy). The only increased difficulty of mass LD is that it has a relatively long cooldown, which forces players to consider using/not using it until a certain part of the mission (and memorizing how the mission progresses to maximize mass LD usage, similar to flare). IMO, memorization != skill.
  13. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

Let me take this moment to reflect on your post: you say a skill, that has a single-targetcounterpart with higherskill ceiling that makes the game easy is pointless and shouldnt be in the game? If thats the case why so worked up about restoration being removed? Afterall tehre is a single-target skill in the medic tree that needs good apm and accurate clickin + knowledge on how to conserve energy with it. This applies to both SL and healbeam.
    You guys need to make up your mind if you want easy skills and easy games with mass-target, or skills that need experience, difficult games and only single-target.
  14. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

I never QQed about restoration removal. I'm fine with it gone, just that I believe what replaced it needs a little buff. I also want SL to stay (but it's not going to stay regardless). I even compared mass ld as being similar to restoration in a previous post because they're both aoe versions of a single target skill in their same respective trees.
  15. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I'd like to know why everyone is complaining when you've been given something you've wanted for so long. I don't know. Maybe it's just me thinking this.
  16. vexxenon

I don't think a poll that discuss a particular skill equates to "complaining", if any, no above replies mention anything on the line of "QQ, lets remove mass LD"

I do think probably few people on the forum takes offense in free discussion, for whatever reasons there may be.
  17. Shooz
    • Donator

I've read it. Some are good points Vex, that is correct. People just keep complaining though, you might not see it because the shit that you post makes you feel smart. It's a lot of complaining though.

In your first post you COMPLAIN about the cost of the skill. The only thing we did was give you the ability to not have to spam click the fucking button. You think that the more you can spam one skill in many clicks as possible equates to skill(it doesn't)? If you don't want to designate a ton of shit, then don't! Learn the radius of the skill and clip the sides of objects.

DLINK also complains about the lack of skill required to mash one button instead of mashing one button many times. We're just trying to save you from carpal tunnel syndrome.

Arturia just doesn't like the name of it. That's not so bad but, it's a complaint.

I'm going to ask you nicely to not pick at shit after it's been agreed upon by developers and community. If you wanted it to be more skill intensive and useful, why didn't you propose any good ideas to replace the initial proposed one during the rework discussion?

Hop. The. Fuck. Off.
  18. vexxenon

The freedom of speech just went down the shitter. Stating a fact on how mass LD uses energy is now consider complaining?

Can you not complain about my post asking what other people's opinion of Mass LD?
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. vexxenon

Besides, no one here has yet ask the dev to change anything on mass LD.
  20. Shooz
    • Donator

No Vex. Stating it and doing nothing to improve upon it is considered complaining though. You're also arguing with me over it. Quit being a child.