Random Class ?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Nexus, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Nexus

Nexus New Member

Can some one please explain how random class works exactly ? some say 10k xp and over 1700 but i`v seen fire bat on easy whit under 1700 rating so how dose this random thing work exactly ?
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

10,000 Experience and 1700 Rating are the requirements to the best of my knowledge. If you have that benchmark, pressing Random will open you up to the full spectrum of classes. Though I'm not certain if it's an even chance for any class or if its weighted towards the storyline you are currently in necessarily.

Are you sure that it wasn't a situation where they had the rating to start with, but when you checked it had tanked through game events, particularly hits since Flamethrowers aren't immune to ratings loss from hits, just takes about 8 times as many.
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

It is 10k xp and 1700 rating except when you got more than 80k xp, then there is no rating requirement
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

That is brand new information. Never heard the 80k flat unlock anywhere before. Not even on the Wikia. Quick, to the Updating!
  5. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

i'm pretty sure that what happens is that the game engine randoms you a class that you are eligible for. therefore if you're 10k and 1700 rating you're eligible for everything, and ditto for 80k xp.
  6. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

I do not believe that if you have 10k rating and 1600<your rating<1700 will random pathy.

I think it's all or none for other campaign randoms.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

What Pyro added.
    All or nothing.
  8. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Yes, 10k rating is definitely required for randoming :p.

Also, since when were tanking class vulnerable to rating hits? I thought it was always, this class is immune to rating loss from hits, not 9 times more resistant.
  9. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Always, as I recall. The thing is that Hits don't really tank rating all THAT hard necessarily. I can have 1900 rating, take 70 hits as a Rifleman, and still end up at +5 rating for the game. The 8 times is "Practically Immune". But it still happens. I've rating tanked with an Assault on some games where I took up towards 1200 hits. Least in my experience.
  10. Kage

Kage Member

80k exp is the base requirement for Commando so I guess it makes sense that if you reach that exp,you are entitled to random any class.

Also,regarding rating loss as tank,it is entirely possible at the early stages but stops dropping towards the end.

I have had games where I had -1rating as Assault and just yesterday,Annihilate and I both got -1rating as FT holding out at Armory during Alpha NM.
  11. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

This is in the 90-day changelog near the top.
    Just throwing this in since no one mentioned it ;)
  12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I really need to check the changelog, the game keeps randomly changing on me.

Also, I suppose it's a good punishment for people with low karma, but it still doesn't give an incentive for low xp people to gain karma (by staying in the game and so forth) like the karma system is intended to do.
  13. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

<<nukes pub team all day.
    so i can't random anymore :(