Rage of the day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Extifer, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I had the approval of one of the NOTD staff members to make this thread.

This thread is just a reminder to everyone that w.e game you play be it NOTD, Starbattle,Call of Duty, ect that you should always keep your cool and have fun. After all isn't that the point of any video game?

(Yes even I'm guilty of raging at times, I'm human after all)

Anyways the purpose of this thread is to post moments you have experienced another player raging at you for really no apparent reason.

This is NOT for flaming other players or be belittling anyone. Its more or less for sore losers who can't take a loss and decide to rage at you and make it personal. NO disputes or anything unrelated in this thread. Just ppl raging for no reason really.

If you decide to break any of the rules of this thread or forums for that matter, it will be reported to a moderator and you will be sanctioned appropriately a.k.a banned.

P.S I monitor practically every thread that I make, so I will see each and everyone's post.

So I'll start this thread of posting a replay for a game of Starbattle I played earlier today (February 1st, 2013).

What happened?

A player had full health and was close to his base. I threw out scourges with my guardian and he lost his health and was killed by one of my team mates. He ended up raging about how quickly he loss his health. To my amusement I said "You mad bro?". His response was yes and he decided to personally attack me by calling me fat and everyone else fat and pausing and unpausing. It was quite amusing to tell you the truth.

Replay attached.
    [attachment=2306]
  2. ForeRunner

ForeRunner Well-Known Member

Tis a rather old replay but I was doing a league game early 2012 and the entire enemy team decided it would be fun to attempt all sorts of cheese. Suffice it to say it ended rather poorly for them and devolved quickly into us walking all over them and this one guy raging...As you might imagine we decided to poke him a little to get a reaction out of him, and he did not dissapoint

P.S. since its an old replay it might disconnect you if you watch it
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

This one time. I called one of my old friends 'Matt' to which he raged on me over steam and changed his name to 'NOT MATT'

Good times!
  4. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

I'd like to know why, but am filled with apprehension for some reason.
  5. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

6. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

ohhhhh i had so many replays that would fit in here but they are all on my old comp ): will see if i can get some o em back :D
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

*Insert normal chat of any DotA 2 game here*

Sad but true... DotA takes flaming to new heights, probably as a function of the genre (one person can cost you the game).
  8. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

I guess sports rage can go here too.
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Thought I'd post this here. It's funny because it was posted in a thread where we laugh at people who rage, but the person didn't read the first post in the thread.
  10. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

:/ I've just had an Alchemist in my game yesterday that bitched our 4 stack were "useless" for various reasons (most of which involve losing early game to an enemy team that was tailored to push and punish early game fights while we had a 3 carry lineup thanks to him). Instead of actually being useful in big fights, he decided to jungle and bitch that my friend the AM was "KSing all the kills and just farming" because you know, carries shouldn't be farming and getting all the gold all the time. I think we had the last laugh though, Anti-Fun too good when farmed up and we started ripping shit up with big AOE ults + AM jumping in and basically being immortal because they mostly had magic damage with limited physical DPS.
  11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Calling it now. Theres going to be a bunch of 49ers rage today.
  12. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Jercy's raging hard right now. Can't even reply because he's filled with so much rage!
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Did some digging around, and found Shooz's rage reaction when the 49ers lost to the Giants last year in the NFC championship match.

One can only imagine how he felt after the 49ers lost again this year in the big one.
  14. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Ravens were leading by lik 28-8 or something before the black out, the Ravens has the momentum. It was mostly due to the blackout, that the flow of the game reset and that allow the 49ers to make a come back.
  15. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

It doesn't matter if you mount a comeback if all that ends up happening is that you fall short, you put in all that work for nothing. Sure they had the Ravens gasping for air during the last quarter due to Raven's defense being pretty old, but when it came to the final 4 downs for the 49ers, they couldnt get a touch down when it counted. For that reason they loss.

Note: Im not a 49ers Fan or Ravens Fan.

Winning isn't everything, its the only thing - Vince Lombardi.
  16. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Yeh I know what you mean Ex, I'm neutral too, I'm just stating that after the black out . The the flow of the game reset, 49ers made an impressive come back, made the game all the more exciting and fun to watch. Yeh....they did come up short though.
  17. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

That was a pathetic come back, considering the Ravens gave them those 3 touch downs. The defence were playing like old men at that point in the game. Anyways, they did play very good D when it mattered and thats all that really matters.

Broncos 2014 SuperBOWL CHAMPS.
  18. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

You know ext, it was a good comeback, they just didn't follow through. Whether the Ravens gave it to them or not, it made the game quite interesting.
  19. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

As long as a superbowl isnt a blow out, then the fans will always get their money's worth. Although the amount of commercials this year were a bit too much. It was as if every other play was a commercial.

Personally I rather see a team mount a more convicing come back then what ended up transpiring.

This is considering I've seen every super bowl since the 99 Rams. All those super bowls were pretty great, so I guess my expectations are high.

This is what you call a comeback.
    [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84aVCTfOu5E[/video]
  20. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Don't know what you were smoking, or what channel you were watching, but for me, there were considerably fewer commercials than what I remember in the past. That being said, I am rage about only 1 Star Trek commercial. That was good enough I wanted to see it twice.