Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Reaper is still in Charge of the Community Watch; no Changes have been made there.

I'm Willing to help if help is needed within my set of abilities.

Just a Quick Question, Is there any way for a thread to say that it was Edited, and make the forum recognize it similar to a new post being made? It would help, especially for the Change log.
  2. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Easiest way I can think of is to reply with all the info. Make the edit, and delete the first post. Won't work if the post your editing is the first one though, so I don't really know.
  3. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Luffy changed when the people of the forum did.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Better method.

1) Update the first post.
    2) Reply to own thread with "Updated 3/16/2012."
    3) Delete any old "update" replies.
    4) Shut everyone up.
  5. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

WTF?

What changes have not been made?

Players names are added. The list is updated. What changes? WHAT CHANGES?

I find it shocking that you all just sit here discussing change and no one even bothers to address me on this matter. What change do you people want?

Is there something I am missing here? Are there imaginary things I must be aware of?

I cant do the update or the duty of maintaining the Community Watch properly if people don't communicate with me.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Reaper that was just saying that you're still in charge of the CW, and the leadership has not changed. It was clarification as some people jumped into the discussion in the middle and thought that arturia was going to be your replacement.

You've done nothing wrong, it just looks to some people as though you are neglecting it when a name isn't added to the list as soon as they post it, when that's clearly because you aren't online as often as some of us.
  7. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

^Pretty much what he said. I was just answering some questions that art had about editing threads.
    Hope you understand what art said about " no changes" being leadership changes rather than cw update changes. So yeah, no one wants changes there.
  8. Reaper

Guess I am a little on edge, massive misinterpretation :s

Sorry

Who is in favor of having the Rebuttal Thread Stickied for easier access and all content from the Community Watch which is not related to the CW be moved or deleted?

Please do reply quick with an answer and I will get right on it.
  9. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I Apologize for that Reaper; I should have clarified what I meant about "no changes have been made there" was referring to the Leadership of the Community Watch rather than the Community Watch itself (Which you had updated).

I, myself, Assumed the Discussion going on about the Community Watch is on ways to improve it, and part of it could actually go to work in the Changelog (Edit Changes, make a Post stating Update Time. Next Change, Edit Changes in, Delete old Post stating Update time and make a new post stating update time.)
    [hr]
    I would prefer the Rebuttal thread is stickied because many people seem to not notice we have one (Part of the reason we get Rebuttals in the Community Watch Thread, not the Rebuttal & Discussion Thread).
  10. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I would also prefer the thread stickied, mainly to solve the same problem. Another question I have is why is both threads in general discussion instead of NOTD discussion? It does seem to be about NOTD instead of being about other stuff.
  11. Reaper

I prefer to keep the CW and Rebuttal under General Discussion, even though it is directly connected to NOTD, it does not however discuss gameplay, offer improvements or suggestions to NOTD itself.

Rebuttal stickied
  12. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I do think it would be nice (if you ever have enough time) to link the names at the beginning to the evidence against them. I know that there were plenty of people added by previous people that had questionable evidence or no evidence (Mossy mainly).

I also think anything posted in the CW thread that is not actually supplying evidence about a hacker should be moved to the discussion/rebuttal thread with a 10% warning level given to the poster for 1 day, no exceptions. Increased duration/level for repeat offenders.

These suggested changes are based upon worries that someone complains to blizzard about being banned without sufficient evidence, blizz comes to the forum and looks at the CW thread and decides it doesn't look at all professional.
  13. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I would say that the CW thread does improve NOTD by notifying the community about hackers, but it's your choice, so keep it in general discussion if you want.

And the linking thing is an interesting concept, if you don't have time I'll see if I could help you do it if you want.
  14. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

What's Kill Signal?
  15. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Deals 15 damage to all biological units in 9 radius. Affects allies. For engineers who want to micro to score kills with Level 2 Towers. Will need balance testing.
  16. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

15 damage per tick?
    What's the FF% on that and how do you deal with TKs I.e in a pub where ppl might intentionally or not be in the aoe?

Sounds quite powerful though, but balanced by large radius and team effect. Am worried about more than 1 engie though and the resulting area denial potential without need for micro (just leave it perm on)
  17. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

I think the FF should be removed. With the FF there it is just telling the engy that this is not a team game and I need to build my support towers away from the team so that I don't support them.
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Faith should grant an armor for any enemy killed.
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You could just smite them and then Faith them
  20. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Seems like a waste of energy.

Flamer still needs more skill to armor synergy, otherwise he's overly dependent on Ra.