Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Or just make it so the crowbar doesn't permakill immortals because it is completely overpowered right now.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Would it be possible to allow Team Bar, minimap etc to be displayed in replays?
    Currently those seem to disappear as soon as a cutscene fires.
    Strangely enough, if you rewind back to the start of the replay, they are still gone until you reload the replay.

I used to remember that it worked fine until maybe a month ago
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Ghost, was talking to some players on Vent on testing same hotkey for Hold Fire/Weapons Free, since most of the activate/deactivate skills in NOTD use same hotkey. Anyway, if people still feel it's too tough, we can revert back in next patch over the weekend. Any other feedback on this? I've no strong opinions either way.
  4. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I've had trouble with the hold fire thing too. Unless there's something you need the spot on the command card for, I would much prefer to not have to go back and look to see if I actually attacked or am still on hold fire during scouting stages when I'm running around with a sniper.
  5. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Ghost if you view "Everyone" just before the cutscene occurs and the entire duration of the cutscene then when you go back to view an actual player the minimap, team bar and etc are still displayed.
  6. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Y u no cancel hold fire by simply attack moving right clicking an enemy?

Silly peoples.
  7. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

You can. I hardly use X-G to cancel hold fire, but Having Cancel hold fire as X-F ruins my Sprinting Moments, because of how I sprint (X-F Z to sprint for me, yeah, its strange).
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

You have to look at this as well. As it was, pressing X then F with hold fire already on will leave the menu open, covering your normal abilities. This becomes an issue when your survival depends on proper timing of an ability and spamming the hotkey does naught. At least now when you press X then F with hold fire already in place it, if nothing more, restores your proper talent selection.
  9. Arturia

In that case, have F then return you to your normal screen rather than exiting hold fire. Its absolutely frustrating to have disabled hold fire then Shadow-Step Sprint, rather then enabled hold fire then Shadow-Step Sprint.

If you have to exit hold fire, just A-Clicking will exit it for you; the Disable Hold fire command is rather redundant in my opinion, except on Pets, because their weapons get disabled, preventing A-Clicks.

But Seriously, add Hold-Fire to Crawler Drones. Sometimes you just want them to follow you instead of staying still after shooting something.
  10. Arturia

Whats up with the -makemegeneral command?

In 1 out of 4 pubs i'm in, someone uses it. Whats the purpose of this command, and was it intended to get thrown out into the public?

If it wasn't intended to be known to the public, it needs to either be removed, or have the command activation changed. Its becoming increasingly present in public games, and its starting to get annoying.
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

It's because someone *cough* Pyro *cough* went and started using it all the damn time without a care for who was listening. If you do implement commands like that would you mind making them dissappear as soon as typed (like how roleplay does it) so they stay guarded from the nonbelievers?
  12. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Ability types it when hes in game so others learn from him :D
  13. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Remove -makemegeneral and add these commands then:

-iamability

Display text "Heed my words mortals!" and have a nice screen shake.

-iamdryrain

Display text "Just leave now..."
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

How about we not implement silly text commands that do nothing and get some actual work done?
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I thought my sarcasm was implied. My apologies.
  16. Maniac

Maniac Member

Can we do something about cheap Bronze medal, that can be easily earned with no EFFORT?

replace it with other medal or change requirements a bit.
  17. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

50 Kills, Reach Level 7, AND Survive!
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

It was implied, but this really bothers me. Silly text commands that do nothing being while there's loads of other important work to do is something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Change the item weight for flamethrower and shotgun.
    I donkt see why flamethrower is currently one of the heaviest weapons at 15 weight while a very powerful shotgun weighs only 9.

Increasing weight of shotgun would actually balance it more and make it less attractive to people with low weight tolerance. That is short of adding a small barrett like recoil as an alternative.

Also, for noobfriendlyness pistol and shotgun damage tooltips should really state that they deal double the normal shown damage rather than this being insider information. Heck just double the displayed number since each shot always deals twice the damage.
    For flamethrower it should read fires 12 particles as the number of hits is not always equal.
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Because the Flamethrower is the best weapon for any sort of vs. ground and if it for some reason hit air then it would be the best weapon in the game period. That's why it's so damn heavy.