Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Agree with this because when a zombie is infected with a disease, it should make the zombie stronger because being near the zombie would mean infection by coughing, spewing venom, or spewing its blood.
  2. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

There's a difference between venom and an infectious disease. So using venom against an infected zombie, isn't going to make it stronger, unless by some mere luck of evolution and it can instantly adapt in seconds to that venom, absorb it and use it as a strength. However, this would left classes like Chemical Expert kinda useless.

I do think that if you kill a zombie using an ailment, there should be a chance of that ghoul spawning with that exact same ailment, seeing as it shared the same body.
  3. Ginger Gerald

Ginger Gerald Well-Known Member

There's also a difference between venom, and poison. Venom is a naturally created toxin made by animals, poison is artificially created. So, realistically and technically speaking, the Chem Expert is using poison, and therefore any of his attacks should inflict Poison instead of Venom.

As far as realism goes, if the ghoul is a separate and fully formed being simply hiding inside the host like a shell, I can't imagine the host's death would have anything more than a minimal effect to the ghoul if it dies from bleeding out or being poisoned. That is of course unless said poison somehow gets inside the ghoul before it's actual emergence, or the wound is something akin to a gaping hole in their body...

I still think it's a great idea, and would also increase the usefulness of the flamethrower and Pyro Flamer. I'm all for it.
  4. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Science? Anyone?
    If an organism is poisoned/toxicated etc. Any organism that lives inside the effected organism is likely to manifest the condition. Unless the organism itself was immune to the chemicals of the specific virus etc. (Wouldn't apply to ow since it's a cut.) So it makes sense to come out venomed. However, if an organism feeds from the host and the host is carrying a condition that is lethal/harmful to the organism, the organism is likely to not develop, have severe status or die inside while the host still lives.
  5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Pew pew lots of bullets into enemy.

Somehow its insides are intact.

I kinds think that the ghoul inside a zombie could be compared to a pregnant person.

There's a chance the bullets killed the baby/ghoul, there is a chance it did not.

But IMO, the little guy got wrecked.

Getting blown to bits or reduced to ashes usually would kill whatever is inside.

At the very least it'll have a high likelihood of being severely damaged.

Parasites in agrons or festors, I can believe. But a ghoul from a zombie, the ratio of sizes are kinda hard to believe.

In the case of an agron or infestor, even blowing it up with explosives or roasting it will leave plenty of good chunks left over.

Wouldn't the parasites be fucking the agron over? Wouldn't its blades be venomous as well?
  6. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

Guess you've never seen the movie Alien 1-"#",

Agree with the first sentence.

The second part I would have a little input with. Once the host is rendered useless the parasites must then find a new host. Look at it as they are trying to get into a new host when they burst from the dead one.
  7. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

So, the current way the PF's jump works, when you jump, you snap to a unit inside the target area. What would be nice is, instead of snapping, you jump to the center of the target area instead.

Still keep the no-jumping over cliffs, no-jumping without a a target in the area, just allow the player more control over the final jump location.
  8. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Do you mean let the player move in flight?
  9. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

No. You know how when you jump, if you only have one target, no matter where you click around that target, you will snap to it and land on top of it? What I'm saying is to remove that, so that you will land in the center of where you aimed. You should still only jump if there is a target, but this would allow for more precision and reward players with more skill jumping off to the side of targets so they don't get trapped, don't get hit, and can maybe even off-jump banes with a certain level of skill.
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I know the Riflemans Grenade Launcher works that way, and fits, but yeah, I'd agree on you about Jump not directly targeting a unit but rather targeting a location instead, ignoring the unit you clicked it onto.
  11. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

But you have control over jump location, i for sure when jumping an agron can choose on what side of it i want to land. I never anylyzed mechanic of how jump does it, but in an open field you have full control over it after some practice.

Actual situations can get trickier as when pathblockers come into play jump goes haywire [sudenly much shorter, or even jumping away from target]. I always assumed it`s connected with colision handling + blockade of jumping levels. Realistically making it imposible to solve as disabling colision in my understanding would end up in jumping walls, coz to evade whatever blocks you jump needs to be made above it just like 'No Quarter' does it.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'd love for that to happen, and that's what I've wanted to happen for... ever. But the ability functions as it is now, we can rework it when there are less pressing issues. In a perfect world, Assault jump is supposed to be able to jump into fog and over pathing blockers, but not up or down terrain. Of course, this will change for NOTD2 as all players and classes will have the ability to descend cliffs and Assault Jump will as well. It -might- be able to ascend cliffs, but that's on a "maybe, probably not" for the time being.
  13. Scorpione

Put how would you be able to jump thru something, if the damage isn't dealt until you land?
    Either control it manual or have it do it auto. It's nothing to be worried about currently.
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The idea is that he simply angles past the sight blocker mid-flight. The only thing that should prevent him from jumping is actual terrain levels.
  15. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Isn't Kerrigans Leaping Strike similar enough to the Pathfinders Jump?

Smooth arc motion over targets and objects to the desired location striking the closest target upon landing and cannot be attacked or engaged while in the air? Either in the ability itself you can say that it can hit more targets and not scale cliffs or some tinkering with triggers to give it an AoE.

00:20 for Leaping Strike
    [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRdzV1EWjo[/video]
  16. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Leaping Strike snaps to a target though, so...
    Or at least the way it's set up in the campaign it does.
  17. Reaper

Jumps to target location (Whether a target is there or not). You scale some cliffs with it the first time it becomes available to you.
  18. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Exactly!! There was not a single time in the campaign where Queen of Blade's Leaping Strike needed a target, only a location.
  19. Scorpione

Leeping strike is hots content.
  20. Reaper

Scorp mate... It is only a matter of time :(

Whats more, Psionic Shift can be the new and lag free Charge for the Assault.

Whats even more yet again, Fury can be used for Adrenaline on the Commando for it if you moused over the buff of it it updated with each attack telling you how much of an attack speed increase Kerrigan had.