Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

And it was you who gave me that 15 armor info in May last year. That wiki page has been wrong all this time! :mad:

But nevermind, it was wrong before you gave me that info anyway. :p I never realised it was a multiplier that affected the armor.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Hhhuh. Either way, I'm with Reaper - I think the multiplier might be still too high. Then again, I haven't seen it in action, so I'll reserve final judgment until I do, but my gut says that it should be 5 or 6 rather than 8.
  3. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

I think the only stuff Forward Observer can do (if there's no Medics around) is to use Bandage on their Mobile Infantry (X>X). The most common ailment for the Mob Infantry to have is Open Wound. I rarely seen (or none) any Infantry with mass venom stacks and cripple.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

There's really not much he can do, other than bandage or ask the resident Medic to help. In NOTD2, he'll have access to a Tier 3 variant that allows one of the MI to turn into a Corpsman and perform First Aid, but for now nothing of the sort exists.
  5. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

With TTD not much difference now. Still able to take on Eos and Perses without any problems when it is active. He has 18 armor when active with C4 so pretty much the same.

I think no one knew about TTD being a multiplier. :p Everyone must have had C4 equipped when they tested it out. Learn something new everyday.

Was also thinking something similar. The mobile infantry can turn into Field Meds who can only heal and fix non-heroic biological targets so in an ideal holdout you will have 2 Firebats holding the frontlines and the Medic to support if needed.

Mini: Yo Mr FO, I am bleeding, help me out?
    FO: Sorry man I can't.
    Mini: Wait, what you mean you can't?
    FO: I can't do anything for you.
    Mini: Are... are you serious?
    FO: Yeah.
    Mini: Well what the fuck!? You called me into this bloodbath for what? Just to die as your little expendable!?
    FO: Sorry bro, better luck next time.
    Mini: Aw hell no, where is a Medic at!?
    FO: Medic is dead
    Mini: Hey hey! You got a bandage on you! Share you bitch!
    FO: Sorry bro, its for my personal use.
    Mini: Son of a... I'll see you in hell!

-1 Mobile Infantry
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Actually once the rework is completed you'll only have one flamethrower, as it's going to limit each FO to one Firebat and one Marksman.
  7. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Q: Is the Apollo Security Team going to feature a colonist rescue mission to make Legion of Merit valid? And what is to become of the colonists that start with Team B?
  8. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Would it be safe to assume that both the firebat and marksman would get significant buffs to themselves?... Part of why people get 3 of them at a time is because they're all so situational (and only idiots stay on marksmen and don't switch back to marines).
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yep. Click the spoiler below the "Infantry Support" tree for specifics.
  10. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

but... it's 32 pages long... *cries*
    time to start reading...
    again...
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

The portion he is referring to is this:
  12. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Wait so the passive affects all 3 minis or just the single selected one?
  13. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

The Passives affect the specific Mini, not all mini's.

Firebat Specialization will give the Firebat +4 armor, Marksman Specialization will give the Marksman 15% increased attack speed,
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

First post, buddy. No worries.
  15. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Realistic factor suggestion...

Zombies kill by flamer shouldn't spawn ghouls after death. Kill something with fire, it dies, but then immediately comes back to life from a toasted/fried/melted body. Herp. Also able to move at an incredibly fast paste? Derp.
  16. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Same applies for shatter, osok, laser rifle.
    Also it should apply for enemies that die from aliments ow and venom.
    CE and tech can inflict those with skills. (Exhaust for tech) (for ce I don't mean damage receive from spell, I mean venom directly.)
    So if enemy dies from ow/venom (not shot) shouldn't spawn ghouls/immos etc.
  17. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Either that or it should share the ailment with you when it attacks you >.>
  18. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

No I disagree.
    I was just thinking along the lines that the fire element actually kill and utterly dissolve the living tissue of infected hosts. Which is needed for it to, well, exist. I can still understand ghouls spawning from shatter, osok, and possibly even a laser rifle, that one is a little iffy tho.
    Aliments wouldn't really stop ghouls from spawning either, as its clearly an adaptive infection.
  19. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

I see your point on osok. Kinda posted it because of the applies to immortals.

Dying from OW is a weird one. A zombie dies from a ow/knife a ghoul shouldn't spawn. Put paras, banes should. Immortals?

Laser is also heat. higher concentration too.

Shatter... well the name skills says it all.

Technically zombies do need what all humans need :D. A venomized unit would have everything inside it poisoned too. It's like if you have aids chances are your baby will too. So maybe units that were venomed spawn weaker?
  20. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Death by fire should cut the chance of a ghoul spawning but I don't really think ailments should.

I think if that was the case, the ghoul should spawn with the venom as well for realism rather than simply spawning weaker.