Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Looking at the slow and hulking Assault can we tweak his 2 passives to be the following...

Cohesion
    Current
    -Increases the armor of nearby allies and self by 1/2

Proposed
    -Increases the armor of nearby allies and self by 1/2. Also increases the Assaults Armor Weight Tolerance by 50%/100%

Ammo Feed
    Current
    -Increases the Assaults clip size to 80/120

Proposed
    -Increases the Assaults clip size to 80/120 and also increases his Ammo Weight Tolerance by 25%/50%

Simply putting his great strength to better use allowing him to wear any armor and carry loads of ammo without suffering a speed loss.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I'm pretty sure the whole purpose of him being so powerful is that his weakness is speed.
    He already is heavy weight class, so is barely impacted by item weight.
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

That, and charge makes for an excellent fast travel skill.
  4. Reaper

And yet every other powerful class out there is more powerful than him and faster by a huge degree and since he is barely affected by his equipped items then this wont do much harm of adding then.

Or at least Cohesion can get its boost.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

... Really? Last I checked, everyone was crying about the Arms Assault being overpowered, not under.

Also, Protection Assault is as he is because he's so damn easy and safe. He stacks tons and tons of armor so he can essentially facetank anything, and passively at that. You just sit him down in front of a problem, and, well. That's really all there is to it.

If you wanna buff Cohesion, give him either minor ailment resistance or an additional 0.5 armor per level.
  6. Reaper

Is texture altering still viable for different models or has Patch 1.5 destroyed this?

If it is viable still, you know maybe snag the texture off the Ghoul (Which is a ghoul(Yo dawg!)) and put it on the Titans or onto Seekers for interesting visuals.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

It's still possible. We just need to get around to it. Medic/FO/Rifleman/Assault still need skins.

Definitely interested in seeing a bleeding Titan, though. That'd be cool.
  8. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Who here has played "Magic: The Gathering"? In the previous "Core Set" They had a creature that was called "Grave Titan".

The Grave Titan once entering the battlefield would spawn zombies to make things harder for the opponent. Upon declaring it as an attacker, it would also spawn more zombies.

I'd like to see something like that in NOTD. a huge zombie that spawns other zombies like. zombies that fall out of it's body as it moves and when it attacks that effect of deteriorating and spawning little buddies be increased.

I know you may think that deimos is that same thing but no, his mechanic and story is much different so dont be stupid and talk to me about deimos.
  9. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Lol Grave Titan, the White one was the most powerful, so stupid to fight it. Anyhow, we sorta have that in the form of the current Titan's they spawn 2 Immortals from death, but yeah, you want something akin to the Rotten Cadevers in Diablo 3 who puke zombies out?

I would go for it, it would be interesting, the only issue is that A) It could in theory be farmed or B) It would have to be fairly powerful to not just get swept aside in the usual AoE fire.

We do have the nydus mission, but adding such spawners would be interesting.
  10. Reaper

Will probably have to wait for Heart of the Swarm with that one with the introduction of the Swarm Host.

I would also like an enemy that can increase the number of enemies on the field. Even if it has to be called an Infestation Troll working with the mechanic that when players get close it runs away and always stays out of range making zombies to swarm players which will make players camp less as to kill this annoying creep.

I'd damn well love Infestors that actually INFEST stuff or people. Infestor gets near a colonist, nabs em with a tentacle *nibble nibble and grrraaagghhh!!! NEW ZOMBIE/S!!
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Insert Lurkers?
  12. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I spoke to AP about the grave titan idea. Here's the points i'd like to outline on him.

A) He spawns on the map anywhere from about 35-45 minutes in. This will give the team ample time to level and get gear for his arrival.

B) He only stays on map for as little as 3 minutes. This is so that teams unprepared to fight him can just ignore him for 3 minutes and he'll go away(unless he is engaged by a team).

C) He has a range of aggro. Once inside of the aggro range he'll start spewing out tough zombies.

D) He will be difficult to tank because: While attacking he spawns an even increased number of zombies. He would have a stacking debuff with no limit of stacks that would reduce move speed by 1% per stack and would also reduce shield armor and health armor by -1 per stack. His stacks would be applied as he hits you.

E) The longer you take to kill him, the harder his spawns become.

F) As a fail safe for farming once aggro range has been met and he's been engaged. If you fail to kill him within a certain time starting from your engagement(not aggro range) then he will blow up and kill anything close to him. (the details need to be hammered out on the fail safe)

G) If you are able to kill him in time without being killed then the reward for killing him should be hefty.

Thoughts?
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Should exped be given when two classes from the same slot but different storylines are selected? (ex. assault and flamer in the same game)
  14. Reaper

No rush but what is the status on Monofilament Trap replacing Combat Hardened on the Commando for the Delta Tree?

Just wondering if we can keep Combat Hardened and have it become the Commandos innate/starting talent being able to remove ailments at will. Even if wanted, it can remove the Surgical Strike Recovery penalty when used and The Horror.
  15. Lyanden

I like this idea.

+1

Though that may mean that a bit of nerfing would be called for regarding the 50% reload speed that Commandos enjoy when using Adren + Surgstrike
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Combat Hardened becoming the 'mando's innate? God, I can't even begin to imagine how powerful that'd make him. I'd really, really, really rather not. He's good enough as it is. IMO, his "innate" is having absolutely killer skill trees.
  17. Lyanden

You'd remove the energy regen and hp buff of course. Those are too much for any class to have.

The status ailment removal however, encourages horror usage even when you're in the middle of it and in your face flame throwering
  18. Reaper

Just the ailment/negative buff removal. You can dump the extra health and the energy regeneration increase.
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

... Yeah, the ailment removal part is what I'm concerned about.
  20. Reaper

Okay so what is the concern? Enlighten please.

Lorewise, it fits in perfectly with the man who has seen it all, fought everywhere and is the best of them all.

[​IMG]