Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

So spotting and designation technology of the far future is only capable of marking 1 target at a time?
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

It is a person, not a vehicle, and that person is travelling light.
    FO's gunship can mass designate due to the tech built in.

Also, balance > logic.
  3. Reaper

You'd be amazed at how advanced today's field tech is which is man held and controlled and this tech is following the same route as all of todays technology for the future - lighter, smaller and better. Just look at these PDA's that is only a few inches in width and it holds more potential than a computer. You can run your entire house and day to day affairs with it and since NOTD plays out in the very far future you would believe technology takes an impressive leap like designing a suit that is capable of reducing friction and tension when its user moves at high speeds (Shadow Step of the Marksman :p)

My equation tends to be more "balance = logic" but myeh, that's just me. :p But bottomline just a suggestion, not for it or against it.
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

If balance was equal to logic, NOTD would have happened in a very different way. As soon as an "infestation" showed up, they would have broken out the armored vehicles and grunts would have never been on the ground. IFVs as far as the eye can see, because the further the boys are from getting bit, the better. IFVs would also be capable of hauling civilians and important documents, of which I'm sure there will be more than a few considering that it's a rescue operation/raid.
  5. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

For path A of Apollo Security Team, we could have an escape vehicle instead of the dropship, and when every survivor boards it, a Black Ops Operator blows it up with a stinger as it tries to get away =P
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Or IED.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Found this with ZombiePanic.

That would be extremely useful for new players in NOTD. Show the screen for not 30 secs like ZP but maybe 12 seconds (non skippable, recruit only) so people can familiarize themselves.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Would be nice if % perfect reloads was calculated and displayed on end-game screen or under portrait mouse-over.
  9. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Also for Arcade, change mode from the custom "cooperative" to "Coop vs AI" to disable adding of AI.
    Then change category from "other" to "RPG" or "Survival", as the "other" category is huge and full of maps people haven't bothered to select a mode for.
  10. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Have changed category from Other to Survival.

For the Cooperative - not sure where to find 'Coop vs AI' in new Patch 1.5. Do you know where?
  11. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Since Slithers were added to the game, will there be other places that it will show up aside from Demeter fight? I was thinking that they could be one of the possible enemies created from queen's eggs.
  12. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Perhaps, seeing as it would make the players focus their attention on them rather than solely the Queen. However, I would advise against it in Recruit Mode, the reason being that if the Queen shrieked straight after laying the eggs, everyone would be stunned and wouldn't be able to do anything, coupled with the fact that in pubs, there is a lesser chance of there being a FA med with nanoshield or fort demo with TTD to protect from shriek because pubs are less organized than nightmare games for example.
  13. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Is there a Medic exclusive tip that tells new players that nano shield protects players from being stunned by queen's shriek? I never seemed to take notice it playing with a new bank.
  14. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Shouldn't we just make another thread asking new players to post info / tips that they would have appreciated seeing while playing?

If anything, that should help us figure out what additional information to add.
  15. Reaper

That in essence would be the Suggestions Thread. But only flaw in that is getting new players to the forum to post their ideas or experience.

And since they don't come to us to post or give suggestions we must go to them. Best way to gather info from new players I found is to play among them - Play with a fresh bank and ask them several questions especially "Did you know?" such as "Did you know that Medics Nano Shield prevents the person from being stunned?" and what they think of other mechanics or workings in the game.

But all of a talents effects should be found within the talents tooltip.
    "This unit is Nano Shielded. It has increased shields and cannot be stunned for the duration." - Buff
  16. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Reading the worst reviews or regularly the most recent ones gives a good idea of what they are missing.
    As BO I'd like to think I'm not alone in doing that :p
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'm fine to add Slithers to NM Queen eggs. Any violent objections?
  18. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Unfortunately it doesn't apply to Demeter's stuns, so it could be misleading if someone picks Medic in Alpha >.>
  19. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Little bit. It seems the queen is designed to mess up assault tank while demo tank has a comparative walk in the park. With shrieks, intimidation, and slithers, it seems the boss originally designed to be the assault tank's One Shining Moment is trying to become the anti-assatank.
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'm with Ozy. I really don't want to see Slithers added, because that'll just make the Asstank even less viable. The Demo already has a significant leg up on the Assault.