Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Engineer's X1 is now more micro intensive

What does that mean exactly?
  2. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Ah, I think that's a good thing.
    Very rarely do you see players even use shell mode or turbo and just spawn the X1 and drive it around.
    One thing that I would like to suggest if possible however is maybe to put the Overdrive ability on both the Engineer and the X1 - currently it is on the engineer only and make it a shared ability/cooldown/cost.

What I mean is if you activate overdrive on the X1 it will put it on cooldown on the Engineer's card as well. Energy cost for overdrive still from engineer. Not sure how feasible that is.

The reasoning behind that is with the new change to X1 where the targeting computer hotkey is presumably located on the X1 as opposed to the Engineer, you have to micro a lot more than is humanly possible by clicking X1 - Targeting Computer, then click Engineer and click overdrive.
    Fun part being that if you misclick the engineer or X1 you end up putting the X1 into shell instead due to shared hotkey.
  4. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

If you are going to reduce friendly fire on Firewall, reduce friendly fire on Napalm.
    Napalm is as dangerous as a nuke, but more of a slow death.
    If caught in it for maybe a few seconds longer, a sure and quick death.

Either reduce friendly fire on napalm or give napalm some kind of noise indicator so that your teammates know to scatter and that this volley of artillery is fucking napalm and shits about to go down.

-EDIT: Also known as the silent killer for most NOTD'ers (almost everyone) who isn't familiar with Arty FO.
  5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Yup. Real one. I'll upgrade his access when I'm at home tonight.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I think there should be another group on the forum that can read what is posted on the BO forum but not make posts (as in, anyone with 50 posts and therefore considered a member rather than a junior member can view the BO forum). It always pissed me off that I had no idea what was going on in here. Either that or a thread in announcements with a list of the current issues in the BO forum and any resolutions that are found.
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

9. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Any input in regards to autosave sporadically still not working?

Maybe its related to noone dying that it won't save for anyone?
  10. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I've replied in NOTD Discussion.
  11. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

There should be a way to 'cure' burns. Napalm and firewalls might be accidentally walked on, it would be good if players won't be condemned to a sure death for that.
  12. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Is it intended that Alpha Perses contisders the location of a Recon's reaper when deciding where to camp?
    We had 5 people alive at military base and a dead recon's leaver reaper near the Colonist truck.
    Perses kept charging up for fire waves which we never saw even though Perses HP was displayed.
    We ended up finding Perses camping at around south east airlock gate and he came to MB when we sent the reaper over to us.
  13. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

No - Perses typically follows player Marines.
  14. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

OK I will add it to bugs.
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Perses needs to have his AI redone completely. I had an Alpha a while back that I knew I was going to be reloading my bank after (3 of us left, I was an SMM with enough hits to get -60 rating) so I told the Flamethrower and Riflemen left to go hold out at Comm, I would stinger Perses for a while then Shiva him and myself so they could get the win. Instead, Perses decided he was gonna throw a temper tantrum in the airlock and not move to attack either of us. So I MOS Shiva'd him and then just stung him down without having to sacrifice myself.
  16. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Can the egg timer be removed if all eggs have been destroyed before it runs out?
    Especially on low number of players remaining, the timer is very long and you sometimes wait a full minute or more just for the countdown.
  17. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Ghost: I'd like that to happen, but no promises.
    Blaqk: I will take a look again at Perses' movement AI. It's currently designed to move to random player (not center/near Marine group - coz that's abusable to a greater extent).
  18. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Who finds these webbed cocoons relevant to Night of the Dead? If yes or no, give a reason why.

[​IMG]
  19. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

They aren't relevant because nowhere in the game does it show that people are being assimilated to undead by cocoons.

There's no spider boss that lurks in lag forest and wraps up marines and eats them later or assimilates them this way.

For that matter I still don't get the cocoons in airlock!
  20. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

If my memory serves, it USED to be (Don't think it is anymore) that on Easy Company Normal/Nightmare the web cocoons that are targetable/killable would hatch into zombies. Particularly in Lag Forest. ... Which I remember because I despise that area with all my heart and soul.

Obvious that some Cocoon Method is being used. Airlock, Tartar Sauce, Zombie Queen, Deimos, all reference it and use it.