Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I made it pretty clear what my problem with it was, I don't know how to make it clearer. If what you meant to say was "I see what you're saying, but here is why it isn't an issue," then please finish your thought. I maintain that it is a problem that you can get any level of the specialty medals in a mode below normal.
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

My issue for removing medals (and for that matter any other extra goodie beyond XP) is that new players and vets alike will not ever bother with it. Many of theses proposals seem to force people into playing EC vet/normal, which no one bothers with. As it stands, going from EC -> Vet is a fairly large bump in difficulty across the board (fog of war, huggers, slashers, nydus mission, ere gets new abilites, domes get new stuff, etc). The jump from vet -> NM is... about nothing, just have faster reflexes for everything charging and more spawns. Otherwise from my point of view, vet is nothing more the NM lite, which gives less XP, credits and no lvl 3 medals, as well as no MoH. If we are trying to transition people out of pubs asap and kill NotD pub games (since they will be "encouraged" to ditch ever playing them with little/no reward), then sure, remove CP (Proposed in the past), Medals (Proposed now), Shop (Already gone, but a good thing), and just give some XP.
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well, I'd say a variety of medals are grabbed outside of Newbie Mode anyway. So the impact is... well... not exactly high. How many times have you seen a Expeditionary Newbie Mode? I think about twice for me. DSM in it? I'd be surprised if it was more than 3. Navy Cross? Oh hell no, never seen that in Newbie Mode. So removing that might not hurt very much. Legion of Merit, Lifesaving, are fairly common in Newbie Mode. And I don't really mind that. I mean it teaches the newbies how to handle basic side objectives or how to play a Medic (Which is always nice to know even if you aren't planning on playing a medic, always good to know their limitations in a firsthand sense).
  4. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

If you do want to change medals do make it that
    • Level 1 Medals achievable in Recruit Mode
    • Level 2 Medals achievable in Hardened/Veteran
    • Level 3+ Medals achievable in Nightmare Mode

But just do not for all that is still sacred remove medals entirely from Recruit Mode. All the medals have the possibility of happening with the help of a skilled player to direct the flow of the game.
    [​IMG]

It gives new players their first taste of success. Plus, from another type of players point of view "Play hard diffuclties for medals? Screw that -> Google ->NOTD XP Bank Hack -> Hey jall, jeck out ma bling!"
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Medals are fine as is. Besides, that last level takes more work than the first two combined anyways.
  6. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Can we, remove slashers and BMs from recruit mode? Its disgusting how they rip up half the team. This is during queen's battle.
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Buffing the tanks and making them arrive sooner would also work. Currently tanks take eons to arrive, and are so pathetic they get cut down by everything.
  8. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

So true. Even the infantry are more likely to survive than tanks because they are faster and have Corpsmen to heal them.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Tanks need 20 armor and at least 200 damage.

They're fucking tanks. Why can I outdamage them with my rifle? Besides, as a "last ditch effort", they need to be able to save players from spawns. Currently, they just kind of trundle in and die.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

They cant even fire on the move.
  11. Reaper

They also need their Siege Mode. When they arrive someone says "Bring them round and put them into Siege Mode, their range will help".

Add a little gun turret on each so they can fire on the move and still be able to fend off attackers while Sieged.
  12. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I think that the tanks are actually quite durable, but do lack in the damage department.
    The reason they tend to die so quickly is due to the AI telling them to gtfo when taking hits, just like the AI for all other minis. So they move away from attacks and get locked in move a bit but don't fire.
  13. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

They already have one....and it worked just fine on peeras map. Do the tanks still fire those glitchy rockets?
  14. Thermidor

What glitchy rockets? Never seen them.
  15. Reaper

I also don't know of any rockets :p

And that turret (mini Tychus) just adds exhaust flames to the tanks making it look like they got afterburners. Will be neat if it does indeed start firing as to compensate for their very poor AI.
  16. Thermidor

In that case, they was probably removed.
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Replying to a different thread just made me think:

Max stats = 45
    Stats from rank = 34
    Stats from medals = 12

Means at GotA level you got 1 leftover stat.
    I never thought of this before given how I used to think many months ago that MoH was only giving +ms instead of +stat

Seeing how MoH still doesn't give +ms, maybe it can be change from +1stat to +more ms to fix the above issue?

I mean yes there are no legit GotAs yet, but eventually that time will come and it will look silly to have a leftover stat you can't spend :D
  18. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

It goes into your Wisdom stat, silly.
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Thought it went into your "Shit rolls downhill" stat, as befitting a General.
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

So uh changelog states tank siege damage increased.

Last time the tanks were siegable was when players could still control them (were Player specific units)