Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

You meant it only triggers before tart dies, right?
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

No, when tart is dead/captured, during the lag that follows it also removes inactive players.

That means anyone under I think it was 20 kills.
  3. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

So that's why it always lags for a second.
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Will there be / is there going to be any update on the current progress on Vigil?
  5. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Why do Floodlights exist on the Tech?

With permanent Maintenance Drones why do Techs need Floodlights?
    Seems kind of silly to have 2 Tier 1s that practically do the same thing (provide vision) with one being the "safer" route (Floodlights cant get shot down and doesnt really require any micro to use)

Maybe Techs could learn to swing their bulky arms around? (Falcon Punch!)
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Ah, punching Agrons in the face... always good times. Though you do have a point. I think the only real advantage Floodlights has is... detection? And the very minor slow which doesn't really do much.

Sadly I don't think Punch should necessarily go on it. Just doesn't fit the image with an Armless Mech somehow punching stuff.
  7. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

Level 2 and up Maintenance Drones detect.

and...

Tech could stomp the ground causing a shock wave to go forth? :p
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

You know what I would kinda like to see though? It'll sound like a joke....

Remember Quassy and the old Mock Classes topic before Nite started throwing every Dumbass who was like "ICE MAGE!" "SWORDSMAN!" "THOR AS CLASS!" in there... s/he started off the topic with NOTD, Bomberman Mode.

The Crossbomb would be neat. And would actually give the "Weapons" tech a weapon before Tier 3.
  9. Arturia

I recall Ability's thought of making the Rifleman a Red Mage at one point... Pyrotechnics and Cryogenics tree's.
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

No, the Red Mage was and always will be the Medic. Half White Mage, half Black Mage. :p
  11. Arturia

Still, he had the crazy idea of a Pyro/Cryomancer Rifleman. Got shot down by NiteShade as if he had used Suppression Fire, Adrenaline, Quick Aim and 3x FMJ's on a Laser Rifle to slay an Infestor (without a reloading of course)
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Course we could always use more Pyromancy in the game.

DPM FP, ftw.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

We already have a Pyromancer. He's the flamethrower.

Also, the Weapons Tech is fine. Floodlights just have to be fixed.
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Something that was on my mind:

Is it possible (Or wise) that certain buildings be sight blockers? I always thought it was kinda strange that say, the Marines can be sitting at the Comm Tower Hex and see through the Comm Tower to the north side. I'd make Apollo City holdouts a bit more dicey since they have quite a few towering skyscrapers. (Not talking about rubble piles or stop signs, other small things blocking vision but all those towers and high rises), and would make the Central Square area a bit harder to hold.

Maybe it's not important. Just seems... weird.
  15. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

All sight blocking and pathing can easily be adjusted manually through the terrain editor. You can quite literally place blockers anywhere over anything. Invisible walls, hell invisible black fogs of nothingness are all possible.
  16. Arturia

I'm going to be going batshit crazy for the next few hours. I'll be typing up a Forum Ettiquite post; I am fucking losing it after people have yet to learn why Every Fucking Hate Thread ceased to exist.

It will be in 2 parts, a nice clean set of rules stated (lacking profanity), and a spoiler tagged part that bluntly summarizes what each rule means with some profane language (hence, spoiler tag). I'll post it here after I get done with it; I'd rather it gets revised a few times and isn't just a Solo Work, since its complete intention is to make clear what is and what isn't allowed on the forums, (e.g. hate on X threads)

Since NOTD is a game that accepts players of all ages that have reached sufficient maturity, it will include a simple statement stating that discretion is advised when using profanity, and should be limited in its usage as spewing out foul language doesn't make you look cool, nor does it help your cause.

It will be posted in the next 3 hours.
  17. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

I think flamer's burn! Should include bonuses from T1's H3 igniter. Not sure if it already does, but it seems like the colour doesn't change to blue. This makes players uncertain if the H3 igniter affects skills or just its normal attack.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

H-3 only effects autoattacking with the Flammthrower weapon. You are free to sugggest bonus damage for skills from leveling H-3 or the H-3's DOT aftereffect applying to all damaging skills, but I'm unsure as to how far you'll get.
  19. Arturia

I think that would / should depend on how powerful / balanced Pyrotechnics flamethrower is at the moment.
  20. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Do you still find '-a' useful? Else, would prefer to remove it.