Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

A decent idea perhaps.
  2. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I made a big edit while you were typing that :p
  3. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Recently tried out commando's gravity grenade. Somehow the area of effect is misleading. The grenade sucks people and objects in from past the targeting circle. Inadvertently killed people that way. Anyone else noticed this?
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Yes, same as old nuke. Casting size is larger than displayed radius. But honestly it was never supposed to be copy pasted vortex anyways.
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

So why was a movespeed bonus added to Madness?

Also, why is it I have to be informed over such changes through my damn wiki. They should be listed in the change log. What purpose was adding a random movespeed buff to Madness supposed to do? Hmm? Was it supposed to "make it better?" It's pointless, it contrasts the other two effects of the skills, which both increase ammo expenditure. You do not "buff" ailments to be "more beneficial." They are not rewards, they are punishment. ALL ailments should only give negative traits, there should not be a reward for getting hit. Getting hit is the exact opposite of what you should be doing in Night of the Dead.

The part that annoys me most, is why the hell are changes like this added with no discussion whatsoever? Are we not the "veteran board" because I certainly don't see much advising or listening going on here.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Ability, like I mentioned to you before, we wouldn't be nearly as pissed off about undiscussed changes if they were listed in the change log. Keeping track of the changes made will improve community relations immensely, even if they're changes that you did not discuss with anyone.

Also, according to Ability, Madness has always had a 5% movespeed buff because the effects of freaking out tends to make people run faster than they normally do because they are scared out of their minds. Apparently it was just unlisted and we never caught it because of the many, many movespeed modifiers already in place.
  7. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Hows this for an idea:

Give line based skills (Particularly mono and the vrl, but also possibly charge among others) that line from campaign penetrator round (From belly of the beast mission) so you can more accurately gauge what will (and will not) be affected by the skill. Right now what seems to be affected by mono isn't actually, and what seems to not be affected by it will be.
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

That doesn't make you faster, thats scooby-doo logic. You may run longer, since you are going off adrenaline and the fight or flight reflex, but you do not physically become a super human when you are afraid. If I had two identical subjects, one at the height of mental focus, and one scared out of his mind, the focused one will ALWAYS be faster. He will have greater coordination, a more stable heartrate, and more self awareness and balance. The scared victim just has the temporary advantage of adrenaline pumping through his veins.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Zombies on the moon.
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

[​IMG]
  11. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Madness should simply remove a players ability to differentiate between friend and foe, and give them a blurred / hazy view in addition to its current -Damage, +Attack Speed. Many people don't notice that as an ailment, it isn't supposed to beneficial. It can also be argued that when you become mad, you would shoot anything that moves or looks alive. Hell, you should be downing rounds so rapidly at such a crude efficiency to really drive the point home.

If anyone went Mad, you would sure as hell expect them to not know anything but to fire like no tomorrow with not a damn given about where the rounds go, as long as they go toward something.

Something more along the lines of 125% increased attack speed, -95% damage, and a 80% chance to miss, along with Alliances disabled (no way for him to tell enemy from ally without actively taking control), and changing Movement speed (Increases & decreases), with periodic stumbling (stuns).

Reasoning: Your bewildered by all the shit going on and just shoot in the general direction of whatever you see. Because you are not able to even actively coordinate yourself, you stumble around, and miss targets extremely often, and most of your rounds, if they hit, will hardly hit the target at a vital spot dealing damage.

It could possibly have been used to a persons advantage by using March / Surgical Strike with it to gain a powerful increase in damage to counter the decrease, and make the attack speed extremely useful in terms of dpsing by making most of their shots (should they decide to do that) miss and waste ammo hence make such a tactic highly ineffective.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Madness is fine as it is. It doesn't need tweaking.
  13. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Madness does, however, need a method of removal that doesn't involve Kithrixx with a shotgun. >:l

It's all well and good to burn a life to cure madness for people who have lives but for those of us with ratings that don't allow lives it becomes a crapshoot whether or not you're going to be cured or outright slaughtered. Especially those of us who play Recon and his 130 hp.
  14. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Yes. How about being hit by a crowbar gives a % chance to remove madness?
  15. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

A good whack over the head should do it.
  16. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Idk, make restoration remove madness?

I mean VRL-122 removes everything bar short circuit at the moment regardless of stacks, so its like a uber medic when the medic acn't do it.
  17. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Engineer probes can remove Madness pretty safely if you have a field support engy (or a ridiculously overleveled combat engy, which is also quite common). Even if you overshoot slightly, it won't put the UMAD? guy in much danger.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

While not intentional, just consider it payback for the Force Pushes.

On topic, I'd rather not Madness have a removal method that relies on others hurting you. What would be great is if we could get it so not attacking for 1 minute removed madness, I.E., the marine in question calms the fuck down.
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Been thinking that for a long time myself. Communications Officer's "White Noise" skill. SubComm rework Veteran's Presence, etc.
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Is there any particular reason why the P-45 Gauss Pistol (still) has its damage display multiplied by 2?

Base damage: 20 x2
    Consumes: 1 ammo (0.5 per attack)
    Attacks: Two
    Procs blackout: Twice
    Damage loss from armor: 1

It seems a strange design choice to have this weapon not simply be:
    Base damage: 40
    Consumes: 1 ammo
    Attacks: One
    Procs blackout: Once
    Damage loss from armor: 2

As it stands, unless you are a wiki frequenter or a vet, you won't know that the Gauss Pistol's damage output is higher than that of the Gauss Rifle against most opponents.

It seems like some intentional noob trap to make them think Anything > Pistol because the damage is "only" 20.

It is not like Flamethrower which fires 12 projectiles that you can't adjust the display - Nothing prevents the change on the pistol.