Questions and Suggestions.

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

We had several hot topics here that were under discussion for change and/or having additions made. Let's brainstorm here until the forum board is properly set up for us to discuss these things privately again.

No Reaper. This one is MINE!
  2. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

RE: Let's pick up where we left off.

Well I can only remember these issues we were discussing.

- Demo Rework
    - Pathfinder Refieing
    - CE Refining
    - SubMando Tweaks
    - Building a Statue of Charlie

and some stuffs i can't rem atm.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

This forum is accessible to everyone at the moment.
  4. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

-Apollo Security Team Discussion
    -Alpha Company Discussion
    -Weapons Balance
    -NOTD 2012

The rest will come to light as we go on
  5. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

What you want to see in V2, anti hack discussions
  6. Shooz
    • Donator

Ability is working hard on making all of the user groups, permissions, and registration security. Please be patient everyone.
  7. Lock

Lock New Member

I know it is a long shot, but a few months ago Nite and Arcane posted intractable images of the old forum basically showing how it was a year ago. Would it make sense to try and recover semi important information that way? Or does it make sense to try and save anything?
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I asked Nite about that just now, here's the quote:
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Thats from the way-back machine. I don't think any of it will be useful. We should just let what was, be gone, and move into a new era of NOTD starting here on the forum.
  10. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

What is lost is lost, there's no use mourning over it. We must move forward, whatever the outcomes.
  11. DrawingDead

DrawingDead Member

Not sure if it's still relevant or if the thread came to a conclusion but there was a something on tanks more specifically the problem with flamethrower as tank
  12. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

We were also brainstorming:

-Order Flamethrower's tanking abilities
    -Consolidating pets into 3 main types
    -Reducing amount of time it takes to complete game
    (Especially EC Recruit)

There were two more but they escape me right now.
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

Inventory rework! OH GOD I REMEMBERED IT!
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

It wont let me thank you enough times for how imperative that is. <.<
  15. Shooz
    • Donator

Seriously, that inventory needs to have something done about it. I literally hate double clicking and I frickin end up eating a consumable that I didn't want to.

It's the most frustrating fucking thing I run into when playing. Stalkers aint got shit on the inventory.
  16. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Maybe I missed reading it somewhere but what was the reason for Augmented Legs of the Rifleman being replaced by Improved Focused Fire?
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Someone's thread on the old NOTD Dicussion board wanting to completely redesign the rifleman. Ended up with Ability posting that Augmented legs would be replaced by IFF and suggestions of what it should do.
    Figured maybe it was also posted in the old Bops board as the public discourse did not influence the mechanics that Ability posted initially.
  18. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Couple Reasons that I remember

1) Selfish. The ability made a fast character faster. Kind of made him into a wannabe recon/SMM. Does not help team in the slightest.

2) Has no synergy with Saline. If you get legs, why bother with saline, and vice versa.

Another possible reason is that focus fire was useful only to the combat tree. Now it works with both trees in equal measure (roughly).
  19. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

The point of legs was the make Rifleman the team mule. The Recon finds the loot, the Rifleman carries it. The Survival Rifle's natural love of the Chaingun gave him little reason to use anything else, except maybe a spare flamethrower or sniper. This combined with his 6 inventory and faster-than-average speed makes him the perfect pack mule. Legs just increases that, allowing him to haul 100+ mags with ease, and still remaining both fast and capable. It also cuts down his need for sprinting, which just saves more energy for focus fire and traps. It was also the superior talent for skilled players. New players need saline for when they get hit, skilled players dont get hit as often, and legs helps them kite.
  20. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

@Reaper, Ability at some point came into my little Rifleman Reimagined Thread and posted a replacement was in need for Legs, it ended up going with IFF (His example Suggestion). Relevant Post Pages:

Conceptual Reimagining: Rifleman (5)
    Conceptual Reimagining: Rifleman (6)

Not too sure if that is indeed the cause, but thats were IFF first pops up and a replacement for Legs wanted came up, at least to the Forum in General.