Question about new Riot Shield mechanics

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by kamukag3e, May 3, 2013.

1. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Well-Known Member

How does the new Riot Shield damage reduction works.

1) does it effect Shield by any way ?

2) when does it's reduction apply, before or after armor reduction ?
    As versus different type of enemy it will have more or less impact on the damage taken depending on it's priority.

3) If Zombie deals less than 5 damage to marine's health points when they have equipped RS, will this count as hit or will RS's damage reduction prevent that from happening.
  2. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

So no.
    2 Should be before however I could be wrong.
    3 Damage should be reduced to 1. However I can't find any posts or stats about it. Maybe the tooltip ingame probably explains everything
    4 You're in the wrong section. Its strategy and tactics, this would technically be discussion.
  3. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Well-Known Member

1) Thanks.

2) Will be glad if someone can confirm/deny that.

3) That's in-game mechanics and I'm really curious about it myself and it depend how is coded there are no 'supposed' thinks if you don't know exactly how it works. Thanks anyway.

4) It should be in "game mechanics" but there is no such section. As it's not discussion.
  4. Scorpione

More of a discussion than a "strategy and tactic". Any question about the game should go there. This section is for guides.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

It factors in before, life being damaged (regardless of the amount) counts as a hit, and yes, this should be in discussion because discussion is directly about NOTD and therefore encompasses game mechanics.
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Sometank say hello to Athena with this please?
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Theoretically, a Technician with March Of The Machine active and a Riot Shield could last a decent amount of time vs. Athena. However, considering that her damage is still pretty crazy, I wouldn't suggest it.
  8. Scorpione

The dps of athena is halved with riot. Since she does 10x2 every 0.25. The riot would make her to do 5x2 every 0.25. 40 damage a second. You can last 10 seconds with 9strenght and last 31 seconds with motm. However if tech is mind linked you could tank her for around 18seconds 57seconds motm(However if ML comes in effect before RS[which I think it does] then the numbers change. You'd receive 1damage per shot. So 8 damage per second. Tanking at 9 strength for 50secods and with motm 150seconds). Kits would also improve the time. Alsotechs self regeneration isn't included. and the crawlers also improve it :p
  9. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

I fail to see what's wrong with spamming ms and net..

EDIT: epilepsy spark*
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Mad Spark is going to be nerfed into near uselessness vs bosses, though.
  11. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

i thought athena deals more dmg for each armor point we have? wouldn't running motm be useless if this is the case...
  12. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

It got changed because penance was -10 armor, and people realized they could get the recon / marksman to facetank by reducing their armor into the negatives (Penance, Combat Engineer).

So it turned into completely ignores armor.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Reflexes Recon with Penance made Athena a lolfest. Good times.