'Pub has become hell'

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Niktos, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

But there is a big area between vets and 0xp players. Those have to learn to not have global vision eventually and i would prefer that to be early enough that they dont get to used to it but have it for first few games.
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

What about making X Q give shared vision for players under 500 xp? (only when they press it, not when you press it)
  3. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Given my own experience, which is very similar to Niktos, I would probably suggest that for every sub 500 XP player, 1 player above 500 or 1k xp is given flares (probably give them to the highest XP person). Or, as an alternative to pings on a map, have each target area that players should head to next be flared until the majority of the team arrives at such a point (Mining, Military, Comms, Airlock, Tart, Mines, SY, Cams, primary holdouts for Dropship, entrances to apollo/gens. Or just reveal those parts to sub 500 XP players so they clearly understand those things are important. Or leave the current pings for such objectives on their minimaps until they are completed.
  4. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Far as any "shared vision/pings etc" 100xp-150xp Sounds more than enough.
    However why not have the highest xp marked? Like a green dot on minimap? No? yes? crap? good? :D

Lol? You drunk? Define: pro = a professional.
    Having leadership and/or teamskills doesn't define pro.
    Sure you can be a "pro" teamleader or "pro" teacher.
    People generalize words and use them too inaccurately.
    Being pro at a map/game/job/sport = knowing all its aspects and being good at its mechanics.
    No matter what mode you play or game etc, unless you know most of the mechanics etc you cannot be defined as pro.
    E.G. "I'm pro with protoss" sure, but you aren't pro at the game. You need to atleast have knowledge of the other races.

Leading a non-pub game doesn't make you pro either. Just shows you've memorized the pathing and strat. Unless you came up with it yourself.
    Medic/recon dropping most of his mags to hand em over to dps classes isn't good teamplay. It's what you're supposed to do to increase chances of winning.
    Anyone can be pro and still loose every single game.

Some choose not to play pub to have a higher difficulty on the game. Some only chase rewards. Atleast I prefer grinders to go in nm games. Instead of seeking free wins in pub and just lie saying "oh im just teaching people" while the avg of reg players doesn't increase.

Its a game, anyone can play it as they want in the end. If its right or not.. that comes down to point of views.
  5. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

I believe you are confusing 'pro' for 'experienced', but I understand the point you're making here. Even so, I'd prefer to kick ppl to pub nowadays, since the bliz featuring had indeed brought a lot of players with potential. With few to lead em, many will end up losing hope for this game, and we'll have missed a chance of having new members in our community.
  6. Scorpione

Experienced = vet not pro.
    Hmm I agree but I disagree. Players with true potential usually stick around. Players with low/average potential stick around thank to guides.
  7. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

- Objective minimap pings in EC Recruit now stay for longer duration. (ArcanePariah)
    - Mining Site and Military Base mission objective locations are now flared in EC Recruit. (ArcanePariah)
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

AFAIK there are no professional NOTD players.

Nobody that I know of is being paid to play NOTD.

As such, there are no "pro" players, just really experienced players.
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Kithrixx is a pro player. Or at least he was and will be, atm I think he's pro bono.

I feel like this thread has pretty much served its purpose, gone around in circles a few times, and then gone entirely off topic. Hell, now we're arguing over correct terminology for what to call certain player groups.
  10. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Because I like to derail threads.

Either way I can't input any feedback; people will need to indicate if the changes made a difference or not.
  11. Scorpione

Since we have the tutorial suggestion and normal suggestion close thread.
  12. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.