Psi-Ops Talents

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lord NiteShade, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Make sure Pusherella gets to post before you do anything.
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

He's just gonna whine that Force Push isnt on the same tree as Inception. Oh boo hoo one tree can do everything. There's enough early games stuns, slows, and disables that Deimos is largely a non issue. His annoying eggs/minions are a much bigger threat, and I would actually place more importance on finding high splash guns like the HMG/L3 than I would getting lots of classes with disables.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Ravaging Phantom (Passive) replaces Sensory Confusion in next patch.

When a unit is killed by Mind Ravage, 20/40% chance for it to rise as a Phantom of itself for 4 seconds. The Phantom is a friendly unit that you can micro (if you're quick). Else it'll act as an auto buffer/mob killer. If it procs on Agron, you get an Agron phantom. If it procs on Ghoul, you get a Ghoul phantom, etc. It can proc on anything in NOTD atm - even bosses (it only lasts 4 seconds).

I was play testing solo. Force Push/Foresight Ball -> Ravage -> (Phantom army). It's decent mob control. Try it on large mobs. It's nice. May need to balance down if it's too OP.
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I wont whine as long as it doesn't turn Mind Mastery into a "Let's Carry Psi Ops to Inception" game. As long as the class remains useful then I have no qualms. I wouldn't mind retheming the trees to Lucidity and Nightmares but that's just my whimsical wants.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Playtesting on EU server. Seems like teammates are killings mobs too fast for Ravaging Phantom to proc much. May up the % chance a bit in next patch.
  6. Kage

Kage Member

If we were to compare Mind Ravage with other similar skills such as Satchel and Plasma Discharge,it seems weaker.Sure,it might not deal FF and deal more damage to stunned units but they do not really help as either 1.teammates are never gonna be near some random mobs that you accidentally damage them or 2.stuns are seldom used in the same situation as Mind Ravage as it is more efficient to shoot them down or outright AoE them to death.

Yes,satchel is a T2 so it is only logical it deals more damage but it does not have a cooldown and has a lower energy cost.Plasma Discharge deals the same damage but slows and -armor debuffs the affected units and boasts a lower energy cost.The only major downfall that I see these 2 talents have compared to Mind Ravage is that they have a countdown before the effects/damage is dealt.

However,seeing that how Mind Ravage and Ravaging Phantom work together,wouldn't it make more sense to buff the damage and not the rate at which procs as the main problem is that allies are killing them too quickly.Also,Mind Ravage is gonna fare even worse in NM where mobs have a higher hp and Mind Ravage is unlikely to kill them.

I would suggest that you buff Mind Ravage's damage or make adding points in Ravaging Phantom increase the damage of Mind Ravage,much like how Master Marksman gives OSOK bonus damage.
  7. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

How about instead of a percent chance to proc, Phantom just straight up makes units killed by Mind Ravage come back as phantoms? 2 second duration at level 1, 4 second duration at level 2. It's difficult to snag kills with Mind Ravage if I'm not mistaken, part because it's relatively low damage and part because everyone is killing everything so damn quickly.

Also, I'm going to have to repeat how much I agree with Nite's reorganizations. Putting Force Push and Inception in seperate trees means that one tree cannot do everything, so to speak.

To address the concerns of Blaqk on "Apollo Sec is going to become 'carry the Psi Ops to Inception", the new Inception tree will contain Mental Projection, which is an extremely powerful skill in and of itself, useful for gaining kills as well as a distraction tool to aid in kiting. I don't think there will be any kind of problem with the Psi Ops' leveling speed with the rework.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

If we're done can we move this to NOTD Discussion?
  9. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Fair enough.
    Thread moved. And I don't want to hear a single post bitching. Psi Ops was fundamentally flawed as far as class balance and we just learned to tolerate it.