PSA: Being Hugged

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Pyromaniac, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Fun fact of the day: You can use your inventory while hugged. You can use any item as you would desire, including but not limited to:

-Medkits
    -Flares
    -Switching Armors (in the event the armor you have on is not as good as another armor you may have)

Use this information wisely
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

It is also nice to remember, Public Displays of Affection are not tolerated; you should not ever engage in an act of physical contact with anything or anyone.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Unless you are doing so with a crowbar against a zombie's skull.
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

You're not physically touching the zombie; the crowbar is, hence, it does not qualify as a PDA.

Though, you do affectionately touch the zombie's bodies with the Crowbar....

The UGC Marine Regulation Manual may need a revision or update to accommodate for this.
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

[​IMG]
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

You're still engaged in physical contact with the crowbar. For that matter, you're engaged in physical contact with your armor, gun, the ground, etc. That's a dumb rule!
  7. Pyromaniac

This is on the NotD discussion board, not the General Discussion.

Less troll please
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Flares still broken when you're hugged?
  9. Pyromaniac

What do you mean by broken? Every time I used flares while hugged, they did what I believe working flare do
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

It used to have improper ability flags. Clicking flares would use a charge (a flare) but produce no effect.
  11. Pyromaniac

I havent tested it super recently, but afaik, yes it works now
  12. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Not really any reason to switch armor. Unless you have, for some reason, XS armor and some lesser armor, have a zombie chewing on you, and are quick switching for Unlimited Shields.
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

You might be tanking with the queen with RA and she frenzies, or you might be tanking something else with C4 and a bane train comes around the corner.
  14. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I dunno, been about 9 months since I've seen someone get hugged during Queen. I think he removed those troll huggers from the fight. Though if you are getting Hugged during a Tanking Scenario you should be freed pretty damned quickly by the rest of your team sitting right behind you.
  15. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Can completely switch armor while stunned.

Can't knife the things hugger-thing off you.

[​IMG]
  16. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

In terms of quantum mechanics we are never in actual physical contact with one. Since we are all surrounded by electrons how can we be touching one another when like charges repel one another.
  17. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Through the power of love. Now let me touch your face.
  18. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

If all bugs were fixed your announcement would hold true. However currently using flares will only result in them disappearing and changing any item via ragdoll submenu will lead to vanishing as well
  19. Pyromaniac

The huggers certaintly still spawn
  20. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Just speaks volumes then about how Huggers aren't a threat at all during Tanking Scenarios, thus the examples I were refuting are unrealistic. I haven't even noticed the huggers, because they die so quickly what with Nukes, Armageddons, etc, all being dropped through the fight and just the sheer amounts of firepower from people within a stone's throw of you. Not to mention you don't really tank around areas with blind spots that a hugger might get your from so he's going to be in sight and line of fire.

Really, it's been months since I've seen a Hugger be any sort of factor during the Queen. I don't know if it's the AoE Doom, if they just spawn too late in the fight to show up half the time, or what. Just don't see people getting Hugged during Queen. Not even when I break off solo to go run down the Civilian Truck.