Proxifier and SC2 - Something to screw with

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

So recently I have decided to screw around with some things.

After "Jail Breaking" my iPhone 4, I proceeded to download iPhoneModem by Addition. This worked as a cool tether for better than satellite connection but, it would drop out a lot for some reason.

I dropped the idea of doing things the simple way and looked for more interesting and fun things for me to mess around with. I came to using my old friend Proxifier, which I used to tunnel packet sniffers in a sandbox when I used to hack MMOs.

Profixier is pretty sweet imo but, I've never used it to tunnel with SC2. I downloaded a new tether application to work on my phone(Because using my phone for this is just so much more fun) called IphoneModem by zsrelay.

I established the adhoc between my phone and computer then proxied all applications and tunneled it over my phone. I was able to get a few applications working with it but, I'm starting to get stuck.

Here's where the point of my thread comes in. I'm looking for a solution to get everything working through proxifier. D3/SC2/Chrome/Ventrilo/Mumble/Steam/Skype/etc.(You get the point, I wont be satisfied with my project until I can do it all)

If anyone wants to take a poke at doing this as well, let's puts our heads together and have some fun.

The end-state of this is once everything is working, I'll probably move onto another project involving another device. Perhaps doing this for my brother. Who knows?

You can post here if you'd like to do this as well(of course you'll probably need to be able to access the root of whatever phone you're using, which means jail-breaking it). You're also going to need to have patience and do research and post your findings.
  2. Shooz
    • Donator

***UPDATE***

For any of you following this. I think that the solution may lie in HTTP-Tunnel which is obviously a tunneling application.

The program can be used with Proxifier but, I haven't used it in a while, so the version I have may be seriously out of date.
  3. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

I use ProxyCap and seems to work on damn near every application I've tried it on, since it works at the driver level by intercepting their networking and passing it on.

Though the easiest thing would more likely be an OpenVPN forward, I know there's phone apps for that on android but not sure of iOS.
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

I'm going to do some more tinkering a little later tonight. I'll post more later.
  5. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I don't know about iOS, but is there no SSH client to tunnel everything over? Or does many of these applications break when used in conjunction with SSH tunnels?
  6. Mirage
    • Donator

SSH tunnels as I understand can only do TCP, not UDP.
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

yeah just looked, it can be done but is a tad bit more complicated. Is there no way to do a VPN connection with iOS (which can tunnel everything including UDP)?
  8. Mirage
    • Donator

Don't know but my android has noooo problems :D
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

I havent tried messing with the iOS VPN connections yet. I would have to look for a free VPN and I hear that they're terrible. I really dont want to give up on this project but, i'm not really getting any answers from my digging.
  10. Mirage
    • Donator

Ya gotta pay.