Problem Solving Topic - Things fixed so far

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Peerawatz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Preds already had like no threat level as of current version except when attacking meaning the moment you stop attacking everything ignores you - can you elaborate what you mean by the change in the first post?
  2. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

It was made so that we can finally narrow the gap the damages done by Queens and BM so that it can deals more damage to Armored, and less to non-armored marines (This is still in debate), so that high armored targets won't just take 0 dmg, and 0 armor won't just get face-slapped.

The troll damage she did to unarmored was because Preds could easily tank Queen before, and the troll damage was a cheap fix to it. (I may also simply changes the damage to deal bonus against Light, as none of the Heroes are tagged Light).
  3. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

To further elaborate on Peer's point. Currently if you are a Tank, Queen/Broods are weak/no threat. For a med class (Primarily Eningeer and Rifleman) they are a moderate threat and will hurt, but not instantly lethal (as it should be). For all other classes, given their HP and lack of base armor, getting double tapped (one attack round) by Queen/Brood is instant Badly Injured, or death. Sure higher level players who use Str can avoid this fate, but otherwise they just die if a Brood or Queen glances at them.

Games should (in general) avoid cheap unavoidable death. On one hand you can dodge Broods and stay back from Queen but on the other, sometimes they are attacking another unit and for whatever reason decide to attack you. Once they start their attack, for many light classes, that is GG. In that way, Broods are a cheap death, getting one shotted is not very enjoyable, and means while good strategy counters them, personal skill has no bearing, you either get whacked and die or you don't.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I'm not sure I understand.
    The point I refer to is this one:
  5. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Pred will now have lower threat level than almost any other combat units, whatever they're attacking or not (As long as other combat units are within sight-range of zombies), and cannot be used to block zombies.
  6. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Yes, which brings me back to my initial post:
    They were already the lowest threat level and ignored by any zombie unless you were attacking, at which point you'd have the same threat level as everyone else.

They also couldn't block most enemies (large ones anyway) if those were targeting another player (notice your pet getting pushed around whilst attacking in a mass of zombies)

Thus my query is, what exactly has changed given that it sounds like it would remain just the same as it is currently?

I.e. if a Marine's threat is 25 and the pred was 5, does it make a difference that preds now have a level of 1?
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Although not a huge priority, I have figured out how to make Shirinker not use triggers and thus not permanently enlarge units. Drawback being, have to apply the fix to every unit :(
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

That's a lot of work + any new units added need it too, + any created via triggers.

Wonder if its worth it - imo low priority compared to most other bugs
  9. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Actually it only involves the base models and haven't actually done any, just managed to figure it out how to make it work.

Once the next patch goes live and Abi sends me the current map I'll start applying some of the fixes I've done (need to re add some of the logic checks for Perses fight for shields and for Air Strikes).

Some of the bug fixing will be direct (add a flag in data editor, apply some code logic) some will involve code redoing altogether (especially when moving stuff to data editor).