Problem Solving Topic - Things fixed so far

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Peerawatz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across the black sea of ignorance!!!

Note : These are what I fixed, and as such will not be added until Ability approved of them and release the next patch himself. Please avoid modifying the actual bug & glitches topic until the patch has been officially released

[​IMG]

- The textures problem should be now solved, I will spare you the details as it's quite complicated.
    - Medic returns to her marine model (as opposed to Raynor's)
    - Marksman and Engy will have a new visual.
    - Rifleman will now yell more aggressive lines when using Focus Fire (Like "Die Die Die!", as opposed to "Yes Sir" etc.)
    - Huggers fixed (again, yes)
    - Faith issues with ammo mods fixed
    - XS-4 armor issues fixed
    - Seth and Ivax will have proper death animations.
    - Field Probes will no longer have Observer shields UI
    - Marines without weapons will still be considered a threat to the survival of zombies.
    - Slashers and Titans should no longer double-hits you.
    - Threat level of Predators are reduced. Preds no longer has collision with other units (aka cant block).
    - Updated visuals for many classes and maps
    - Devastator 250mm Cannon fixed
    - Erebos now correctly calls for orbital infested ion cannon strike (This is a joke)

More will be added as time progresses

Patch is to be released on Monday.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

RE: Problem Solving Topic - Textures

What about the decal layer? Is it possible to change/strip that, and remove the various skeleton bits from Raynor's armor and the decals from Tychus's?
  3. Diode

Diode Well-Known Member

You need to actually modify the file it self. Since that is a skin layer is bake on to the model.
  4. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

RE: Problem Solving Topic - Tosh-Style Cloaking

Didn't you make several color of cloaking before?
  5. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

HotS then. Wonder if there is anyone around here who knows 3dstudio max.
  6. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Updated changes/fixes accordingly.
  7. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

If you got too much time, you could try looking into the following (rare) bug:
    Since Faiths selfdamage type was changed from spell to melee a Orderbat that uses Faith within the area of a groundsupport Chemical Experts Chemical plating will get massive amounts of venomstacks. If he has vengance he can stuns the CE in return. Since these two classes can only be together in one campaign throug random i wouldnt give that issue high prority.
  8. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

The fix that fixes ammo mod affecting faith self damage should also fix this.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Medic is supposed to use the Raynor model with the Medic texture. Was the model changed to the old Marine with shield?
  10. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Ah, my mistake then, should I take this opportunity to add a shield to Medic with Raynor model then ?
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I still like the actual medic model but that's just me :p

(AoS just added their medic hero and the gun firing looked pretty decent)

While you are fixing stuff, it may be a good decluttering exercise to remove the aura buff icon from Engineer's Battery and Chem's Armor from themselves as they get 2 buff icons, one for effect which everyone gets and 1 for showing that they have battery skilled. The latter can go.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Honestly, I'd prefer to see the actual medic model because it's much easier to identify, but I really like how Medic Raynor looks. It's unique and fits the idea of a combat medic more. Peer, would you mind showing me what Medic Raynor with a shield would look like?
  13. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

I'd actually prefer a medic (whichever model) with a shield since it distincts him from the rifleman. Btw will the Raynor medic be affected by colourcustomisation?
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Yes. The Ranyor Medic features team colors. Also, it will be distinct from the Rifleman, as the Medic will be predominantly white, as seen here.
  15. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Thats one sexy medic.
  16. TheWolf
    • Donator

TheWolf Surgeon of Death

true true really nice looking medic. just to compare which one looks better pls gimme a pic of it with combat shield :D also will the soundset be changed back to normal medic or will it continue to be medivac?
  17. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

In relevance to medic at Kith's post:
    I suggest it having Medic's Shield as Combat Shield on Shoulder and
    the Gun in hands to retain its original texture because why would you paint your gun like that.
    And attach something on either of the hands where the healbeam will come out,i had enough of 'healing gun's.
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Dunno if that's possible, but there will be a shield.

Well, according to my interpretation, the gun is not painted, but has the Medic's healing equipment (nanite containers) attached to the gun.

Sorry you don't agree with the design decision.
  19. Blaze

Blaze New Member

healing gun kinda looks "rough" imo mostly due to me being used to medics using their other arm to heal
  20. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Small updates, more fixings, more improvements to aesthetics.

So far didn't break anything yet (Tested).