Pred > Recon

Discussion in 'Archive' started by KatsuraJun, Feb 5, 2012.

1. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

HBS, field cloak, scout, and capable of tanking ere 1, 2 and Seth all in one. Saves ammo too since it uses melee.

(I'm kidding but this was still funny.)
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Its still a pity Predator isn't its own class.
  3. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

If preds could activate hexes, they would be an amazing civ runner.
  4. Arturia

There is a myriad of balance problems with having a Predator as a class, but the Predator as is, is very desirable, though the requirement that someone must die in order to have one, is very depressing, especially since that person would have no benefit in staying in that game. No Experience and rating loss for a game played wouldn't be that nice.
  5. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Heh, true. Though personally, I'd rather suicide and play pred if I get a bad random in pubs. Rather have fun than get exp, though I know not everyone thinks the same. Rating loss stings a bit, having to suicide right off the bat (-13 that game) not that I care at all though if it's above 1700.
  6. Arturia

I can see where your coming off with that. I think it would be rather entertaining to see the Predator as a Class. Think that at Level 13 it would get Energy Battery?
  7. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Maybe, I want to see what it gets past level 12. Getting to 12 was hard enough in ec pub, even through all the exp whoring I did (Had twice the kills of that psi) And I'm not sure if people would be keen on letting me hog exp as pred in an apollo.

I heard preds use to get RA, but it got removed for being too op. I wouldn't know though, when I first played we had calfs, and after a long break a took, preds had been there for a good long time already.
  8. Arturia

I miss Transfusion so much...
  9. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Oh man. I remember people fighting over leaver calfs because they wanted the transfusion.
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yeah. The "System Failure!" message used to give you Reactive Armor (And still the 9 points for Natural Armor and C6) along with something like 400 HP. Tanking Queen like a boss, that was my Predator. It was almost as fun as Reaper Tanking the Queen... until Ability upped its AA damage from the base 8 or whatever it was from vanilla SC.
  11. Arturia

/nostalgia

Either way, it looks like predator is becoming epic.

I think the Assortment of predators should be narrowed down, and perhaps more specialized though, as currently, there are so many predator varieties out there, that its mind-boggling.

12. KatsuraJun

KatsuraJun New Member

Mm. I'd like to see more diversity between each predator choice as well.
  13. Ghostel

Ghostel New Member

Predator while still alive gets half of all exp. :3
    Well you still can't restore your rating after you die.
  14. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Baa! Has anyone reach to lvl 13 pred? Wanna know if pred get ra or not at lvl 13. Do pred get anything at lvl 13?

How about pred gaining hunterling-like jump without being able to cliff jump and dealing no damage? Or taunt without debuffing enemies' attack. Or self-destruct like baneling. Or ability to drop flashing beacon, giving allies a vision, can be useful if being chased by enemies and pred drop flashing beacon that will last few seconds, letting allies to fire back. Or Super Saiyan. Or static shield. Or chance to stun enemies in same manner as shotgun, since it emit electric field.

Oh well, guess I'll keep trying to reach lvl 13. Probably nothing at lvl 13, but one way to find out...
  15. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

So that's the reason you decided to commit suicide every game at the beginning.
    And I thought you were just trolling.
  16. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Before my power went out mid-game last night, when I mentioned level 13 predators, I said it's probably just disappointment. Ability's response was "lol". <.<
  17. SkullCapp

Not EVERY game, dude...not every game. Also for bronze medal.
  18. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Yes and no in regards to xp.
    You gain 50% of the xp each time xp is awarded, roudned down.
    So in effect if the xp awarded for any mission is odd as opposed to even, you lose out on an additional 0.5 xp.
    In effect if you die at the start, you are more likely to end up with about 25-30% of the max xp instead of 50%
  19. SkullCapp

...So...there's no point in trying to reach to lvl 13? Meh, never heard anyone ever reached to lvl 11-13 before Queen/Persus/Hade/Hapt, even you died in beginning.
  20. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I bet if you farmed chem leak in apollo nm after athena you could. (make everyone hold fire and rely on thors + turret + skill damage so you don't waste ammo)