Pred changes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kenno, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

There are changes to the Predator skills which are not in the changelog or development news. Thought I'd post them here.

The top four Pred skills in order of acquisition are now as follows:

# Longbolts
    # C6
    # Radar
    # Blink

Cloak has been removed
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Blink? What? Doesn't sound good o.o
  4. Kenno

Kenno Well-Known Member

At first I was "wtf", but now I actually like it. Longbolts and C6 come sooner :)

It's the same standard blink that Protoss Stalkers have. It's actually quite effective, especially when combined with the Pred's inherent cloak ability.
  5. Arturia

We have Predators Blinking to get out of the hairy situations they get in. Now predators can hide on the little entrances the Stalkers and such take to enter Apollo.

Its kinda like Terrain Transversing, but with less of an issue, since its not like you can really do much to cheese bosses etc.
  6. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

so cloaking field has been removed entirely?
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

8. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

so pred can't replace recoon? :(
    so the energy cost on blink?
  9. zander

zander Member

wait so the preddy just cant have the cloaking field oh i thought they wouldnt be able to cloak themselves (im mad dumb lol) but thtts nice u get the c6 and longbolts sooner
  10. zander

zander Member

wat lvl r u sppose to get blink and radar at anyways
  11. Arturia

12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I've learned my lesson about the wiki being out of date, but still best source of info out of game.
  13. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

I have nearly 5,000 editing going back nearly a year. I average 16 edits a day (Yes, thats right.) Most of these however are template and behind the scenes. At nearly 400 pages I just can't keep everything up to speed by myself.
  14. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

Just how pred suppose to help team? Beside scouting and being mob tank?
  15. Ramses II
    • Donator

What more do you want? You're dead.
  16. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

You help team by being alive even after you die. Every team can use an addition damage dealing thing, and a psuedo tank at that.
  17. Osaze

Osaze Well-Known Member

Preds used correctly can save teammates from hits/scout for items(H3)/kill a signifigant amount of lower level mobs that try to troll teammates.[hr]
    they dont need cloak to do any of that
  18. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Yeah but they used to grow with each level, and I miss that.
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

That and they're decent for Priority Target hunting. For example picking out the lone Devourer in a mob, one of the few Hulks, etc. One of the reasons I pushed for the plus vs. Armored. A good predator is a priority target hitter. You don't just leap into the general melee and facetank whatever comes at you necessarily. And without Auto Attack or Godfield you don't just put your Predator on Follow then go make yourself some popcorn or something while you wait for Linh's Heroes to come and give you some marines.
  20. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

give pred 100% of all credit and exp so ur rewarded for helping your team even after dead.
    and to balance the mass cloak remove :S that's the best thing about pred.