Poll: Huggable Pet Change/Revert

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by ArchaicHonor, Jul 3, 2017.

?

Pet Change? (select ALL 'OKs')

1. 1) No Change: all pet Mechanical (NOT huggable) with stat differences

18.2%
  2. 2) Revert Mechanical (NOT huggable), Biological (huggable) with previous stat differences

63.6%
  3. 2) Make all pet Mechanical (NOT huggable), all same stats, buy is cosmetic only

27.3%
  4. 4) Make all pets Mechanical, same stats, add D Static Field scaling XP dmg, sam as knife XP scaling.

54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ArchaicHonor

ArchaicHonor New Member

Hi All,

There was some discussion about a recent change to Pets becoming unhuggable. Stank and co. want to hear from you!
    Choice 1: No Change: Keep All Pets Unhuggable, Keep existing stat Differences
    Argument for: Ability to hug an already-dead player dilutes the danger of hugs of being able to cause player deaths and ruin games/MOH as per their design philosophy.

Choice 2: Revert to Huggable and Unhuggable Pets with their stat differences
    Argument for: Biological pets were stronger because they could be hugged and a recent change to make all pets unhuggable changed the previous trade-off of stronger-but-huggable and upset players that already spent money on the then-optimal pet per their preferences.

Choice 3: Keep All Pets unhuggable, Make All Pets have Same stats, Buy is Cosmetic Only
    Reasoning: Pets being hugged is dumb, minor differences after dead is dumb

Choice 4: Keep All Pets Unhuggable, Add Buff to high XP players (the ones who likely bought)
    My Suggestion: Buff Electric Field (D Skill) by XP
    Reasoning:
    • Should overlap with most players who bought. Of course this will buff high XP players who didn't buy but that kind of buff rarely gets complaints
    • Design consistency with existing knife behavior.
    • Retains buff difference (but by player XP instead of buy) but makes it more obvious

Also, remember that pet is a pretty small part of game, you're losing MOH to play pet.

Multiple Votes are Allowed
    Reasoning:
  2. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

im upset because at a cursory glance i thought this was spam and was ready to delete it
  3. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

lol Stereo.

I voted for 4) before I read them. OK with the 2nd 2) or 4). Pet skins cost the same as custom colors and should be cosmetic only.
  4. stanK

stanK Member

Nice post Archaic, gives a clear explanation of differences between ideas.
    Originally I wanted 3) pets cosmetic only. I'm completely fine with 4) cosmetic + xp buff too.

After seeing how much upset a seemingly insignificant change can cause, I'm much more tolerant to keeping stat differences. There seems to be a analysis-before-you-buy thing going around the community.

Whats bugging me is fact that pets could get hugged. The same goes for FO minis or Engy zoo. It messes with the whole idea of huggers.
  5. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

We already discussed via discord but again, in order from best to worst:
    2 (the 3... lol) - make all pets as skins.
    2 (the real 2... lol) or 4 - revert the change
    4 - it's basically 3, but buffed. Buff D if u want, would make it actually much eazier to get BS late game.
  6. ArchaicHonor

ArchaicHonor New Member

Why would it appear to be spam at cursory glance?
  7. ArchaicHonor

ArchaicHonor New Member

As in the OP, Buffing D is a way to appease the people who have already spent money expecting a better pet who generally have money to spend post-mods (and thus are probably high XP) while keeping pets skins cosmetic while making the buff more obvious instead of hidden in a wiki page.
  8. ArchaicHonor

ArchaicHonor New Member

Haha, the post went through multiple revisions to make things as clear and complete as I could and I hard copied options multiple times and missed the hard coding numbers in the poll. Appears to not be editable now which is understandable given that poll votes are not editable and changing poll options could be abused. Not a big deal, funny numbering can stay.
  9. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

I've been cleaning up a lot of spam recently. I thought "Poll" was some shitty product name advertising huggable pets. Like shampoo or something.

PS I voted for option 3 (2b?).
  10. tomazkid

tomazkid Member

This is SC2. So Kerrican as a pet is a robot?
    Same with agron pet?

LOL.

If you dont want to get hugged, as it was, buy a mec pet.
    If you want to help the team by attraction the hugger to hug you, go for bio.
    The later is now void, and less team help, and less chance for bronze medal if your team get hugged.
    And to be honest, if the pet hug is a problem, the it is the tiniest problem seen, recall seeing a pet hugged like 1 or 2 times, and both in AC.

The concept of pets is as it is, bronze is one of the hardest medals to get. Team quits or dies, and no matter how many levels your pet has, it is game over.
  11. stanK

stanK Member

The logic pattern here:
    Kerrican as a pet is a robot - bad, makes no sense.
    Kerrican as a pet - good.

Lolz this game really isn't striving for realism :D
  12. JohnyM

JohnyM Member

Shame, cause im pretty sure shooting zombies on the moon WILL happen eventually. Tho it's gonna be more like L4D style, cause as we know from other zombies franchise, military always sucks, cuz they manage to get bitten even in a tank. Unless you're a grumpy old veteran, then you rocks.

Also Kerrigan was Confederacy pet, then Mengsk pet, finally she was branded an Overminds pet. So why the hell, she cant be Tombaby pet?
  13. ozzy

ozzy Member

huggers are rare and can be avoided with cloak

so they do not need to be immune to huggers
  14. stanK

stanK Member

Vote guys, this poll was created so community can give organized feedback.

So far cosmetic + knife-like buff is in the lead.
  15. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Needs to combine the Mech vs Not mech bubble.

I'm leaning towards knife buff so we can get bronze easier as you get more XP. It is, after all, the hardest to get accidentally as a good player.
  16. VickHead
    • Donator

VickHead Mercenary

We don't need everything to be easier, part of the fun is the challenge that comes with variety.
  17. stanK

stanK Member

So the community has spoken. The change to make all pets mech isn't carved in stone, and since players like their pets different its going to be reverted. Sorry for any inconveniences this caused to anyone.
  18. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

it's 6-6 all pets mech?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  19. stanK

stanK Member

its 6-5 atm, this post cant last forever for a simple change. The status quo received just 2 votes, so bai bai all mech.